Greg's Trek Ships and Things

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by STRenegade, Feb 27, 2013.

?

Favorite Era?

1. ENT

8 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Pre-TOS

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. TOS

69 vote(s)
    53.1%
  4. TMP

48 vote(s)
    36.9%
  5. Lost Era

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Next Gen

21 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Next Gen (DS9)

18 vote(s)
    13.8%
  8. Next Gen (Voyager)

14 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. TNG Movies

13 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Post NEM

13 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You've described the Guard as the Federation's equivalent to the National Guard.

Based on that, I'm going to assume that the Guard's purpose is to act as a militia of sorts.
    They focus on patrolling and protecting Federation territory and worlds, and their purpose is to lift some of the pressure off of Starfleet, so that the latter can focus more on external threats and exploration.
    When Starfleet goes on the offensive, and takes the fight to the enemy, the Guard is charged with protecting Federation space, and attacking any enemy fleets that are sent into Federation territory, assuming that they aren't intercepting Starfleet armadas.
    The Guard's budget isn't quite as large as Starfleet's, and their ships aren't as powerful as their Starfleet analog equivalents.
    For example, the Sampson class wouldn't be able to handle as much as a Starfleet Detroyat-class Heavy Destroyer, with the latter being far larger, and a little more heavily armed. So anything that the Guard can't handle, Starfleet comes in and mops up, but until then, the Guard holds the fort as best they can.

Is this about right?

2. Michelle

Michelle Lieutenant Red Shirt

These are really good . Some really interesting ideas :)

3. STRenegade

STRenegade Commander Red Shirt

Yes.

Thank you.

More work. Waiting for closeups on the NX-01 drydock before I can build the 'arms'.

[​IMG]

4. STRenegade

Upgraded to be modular. Still need to create the pieces for the cargo container.
    [​IMG]

5. STRenegade

So I changed it once again to bring close to a mixture of the Phase II concept drydock and the TMP drydock. The space complex on top uses features from the Phase II concept orbital complex as well as a nod to K7 features. The two cylinders on the side are shuttlepod/shuttlecraft/workbee hanger bays. The cargo containers are hidden at the moment.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. STRenegade

Looks like the monthly bandwidth was exceeded again. Time to switch to second account. Introducing the Zhemchug, the Striker, and the Buggy. Information to come later.
    [​IMG]

7. STRenegade

So sad news. This will be my last submission (3D model-wise) for an unspecified amount of time. I'm burnt out and I have other things to focus on, including building on the story of the Guard and eventually the story of the Stovas crew. I also need to reorganize my entire Deviantart gallery as well as my real life work. Not to mention my Eve of Darkness novel I need to rewrite (created 2007).

Zhemchug-class (GSV - 006)
    Striker-class (class name pending change) (GSV - 0031)
    [​IMG]

8. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry to hear that, but I certainly understand if you're spread too thin and/or burnt out.

9. STRenegade

To create the Guard uniforms, I need to first start with the USS Renegade's uniform, as the Renegade uniform would reflect a later version of the Guard uniform. It is a three piece uniform with a black undershirt, department-specific tunic, and black pants. Tried to keep it close to the TOS uniform but different. Also the uniforms worn by Commander Straker and Col. Freeman inspired the collar.

This a very rough first sketch.

Original Male base by unknown
    [​IMG]

10. STRenegade

Made some progress and refinements. Not entirely sure about the dress uniforms at the moment but it is a work in progress.
    [​IMG]

11. STRenegade

Guard Uniform created and worked on seam locations, ranks, and patches (Guard only).
    [​IMG]

12. B.J.

Yay pockets! :D Interesting symbols - I like the one for the guard. I understand what you're going for with the Renegade symbol, but my first thought on seeing it at the small size was that it was a hammer and sickle.

13. STRenegade

The revealed cover for the first novel, STAR TREK GUARD: DARKNESS.
    So begins the first chapter in the Renegade story...

--------
    STARDATE 2248.03.04
    An intercepted transmission by the starship Sampson prompts the Guard’s commanders to send an operative to investigate, only to find an echo from Earth’s past has risen from the grave.

After a man’s home colony of Tabula Rasa is attacked and destroyed by an unknown enemy, he will seek out vengeance, only to find a threat that will force him to ally with the one organization he wants nothing to do with, the Federation.

The mercenaries of the Stovas finish up a job at colony Blackmore, only to find themselves set up and left for dead by a mysterious contractor.

And at the center of it all, a myth might have some truth after all...
    [​IMG]

14. STRenegade

As for the uniforms, I'm thinking no female variant. Kind of going for the idea of a unified organization, to build more upon the idea of no discrimination between the sexes, which Star Trek seemed to be lacking, although they did get it right some time after TNG's 2nd or 3rd season. Might be a skirt option for the formal dress though.

Made me some desktop wallpapers. Unfortunately the blue didn't come out too well.
    [​IMG]

15. STRenegade

16. B.J.

Well, color me confused. :wtf:

17. STRenegade

I'm confused about you being confused. :rofl:

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

a More deadly Weedle?

19. B.J.

After all the Trek stuff, a completely random Pokemon picture. Hence the confusion.

....or maybe it's just a modified Planet Killer? :rofl:

20. STRenegade

A wild Constellation appeared!
    Go Doomsday Machine!
    Doomsday Machine used ANTIPROTON BEAM!
    It was super effective!
    Constellation used SELF DESTRUCT!
    It was super effective!
    Doomsday Machine fainted!
    Constellation fainted!
    Kirk whited out!

But all seriousness, I'm using Weedle to learn how to rig a mesh using bones.