new star trek trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by tmosler, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is the whole problem with modern movie audiences. Younger so-called "fans" don't respect Trek's history and are way too easily impressed by a movie being absolutely awesome!

2. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

For what we are about to receive, let us be truly grateful.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

:lol:

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly I'm wondering if its actually Harrison's ship. From his voiceover about Kirk being a pawn, I wonder if Kirk doesn't go after Harrison, catches him and then the corrupt elements in Starfleet send that monster to clean up the mess with extreme prejudice.

5. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have a feeling that when Harrison talks about a captain going down with his ship, he's talking about himself.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Peter Weller isn't secretly the baddie, I'll be surprised.

7. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

The Dreadnought looks more like an Enterprise than the nuEnterprise does!

8. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Holy Guacamole

9. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

After Countdown To Darkness, that's the third act plot twist I'm expecting. Not unlike the reveal in The World Is Not Enough that Renard is nothing more than Elektra King's henchman, I expect to find out that John Harrison isn't the real villain of the piece.

10. aeriolewinters

aeriolewinters Lieutenant Red Shirt

[​IMG]
    That's because it's so similar to the Sovereign.

11. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Indeed, the shape is much closer to what the Constitution class should be but the shot of it at the end of the trailer shows that it too suffers some of the shortcomings the nuEnterprise does.

12. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Is it just me or have they given away a litte too much with this trailer? We now know that the crashing ship is the Dreadnought, that the Enterprise will be saved from crashing, that Pike will die (Kirk's sad look at the end of the trailer when Pike's line "I believe in you, Jim" is being repeated), and we can safely assume that Admiral Marcus is a villain ... are there any surprises left?

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I don't think it looks anything like any Enterprise.

That nebula, however, looks just like the one that the Enterprise-E is flying around at the beginning of First Contact.

14. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That ship that Harrison on is on, has to be from the same time period that Spock and Nero is from. She must came through the wormhole after Spock and Nero had went through?

The shape of his ship looks to me like a Ambassador and Sovereign starship class mix.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Why?

16. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

PUTAQUIPARIU! Holy fuck.

Sorry, Moderation!

17. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We already knew or assumed all of that before this trailer.

18. Franklin

I don't know. You really can't see the full right side of Harrison's face when he says that, but his overall appearance seems less dishevled than in scenes when he has a cut on his right cheek.
    In the trailer, he's got that cut on his right cheek when he is walking away from an apparent disaster (the crashing ship is shown just before that shot of him). It's not a reaction to the London bombing, because he wasn't cut, then. So, I'm wondering if Harrison was actually on the ground in SF when that ship hit. Of course, who can be really sure? I'm just throwing this out there as another possibility.

(I've been trying to piece together the timeline of the events we see in the trailers by when the cut on Kirk's face and the one on Harrison's appears and doesn't.)

19. thesonofodin

thesonofodin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I am wondering if that could be USS Star Empire, Starfleets secret Dreadnought.

20. Franklin

It's an awsome shot. But I'm wondering if there is some lateral distance between the two ships that's making the dreadnought look even larger relative to the Enterprise than it may really be.