Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Janitor, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't forget everyone gets a free autograph from one of the lesser guests, I expect they will have steady trade through the event. And those doing costumed photoshoots will also have less time at the table.

2. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've heard rumours in the past that Joiner has a vast stash of pre-signed photos which he needs to get rid off and realise as cash. It would explain why the dealers room guest list contains all the cheapest guests from his "Trek guests I've had before" roster.

If I wanted to be really cynical, I might suggest that people's "free autograph" will end up being a pre signed in addition to the pre signed photos he's already supposed to be giving out as part of the ticket packages.

And the hoover has been out again. For those of you who missed it, here it is.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8330/dstl2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  3. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

4. Merlanthe

Merlanthe Commander Red Shirt

Apolgies if the answer to this should already be blatantly obvious but what is meant by the dealers room guest list? Is this somehow different from the guest list on the website or the same?

5. Rarewolf

I have to admit its the first time I've heard the term in relation to this event. From my limited US experience, it would apply to guests who basically turn up without a fee but are given a table, to sell their own photos. That doesn't happen so much at UK events.

As far as I know everyone who is signing is being bought in by the organisers.

But they will likely be kept apart from the virtual queue captains.

6. Admiral Bear

"Dealers room guest list" is quicker to type than "all the filler guests that have mostly been got on the cheap and that will be put in their own little area away from the main action."

Apologies to anyone who I befuddled.

Also see all the complaints in the Shamasters Bitten convention thread from all the people who feel they've been ripped off by the very low grade guest list after paying hundreds of pounds for tickets. And see Joiner's usual "F off to the lot of you" response.

My money's on DSTL ending up exactly like this but on a much grander scale.

7. tubular_trekkie

tubular_trekkie Ensign Newbie

Managed to spot that post before it disappeared. As soon as I saw it I thought: "that won't be there tomorrow" - and so has it proved.
    Why censor people in this manner? If they think a politely worded criticism is wrong or unfair why don't they just counter it with a proper, fulsome explanation of the situation that would satisfy the person who has complained? I think we probably know the answer to that don't we? All of the responses from Jason Joiner seem to be along the lines of "stop complaining, stop being negative, trust us, we've got your best interests at heart, we're doing our best etc., etc." No concrete information on anything, just lots of promises of things to come. He's like a politician!

8. Admiral Bear

As always whenever Joiner opens his deceit filled pie hole, it becomes a case of anything you say may be used in evidence against you in a court of law. He won't tell the truth because that would incriminate him, so he now tries but fails miserably not tell barefaced lies to pacify people, and slags off and bans anyone who asks legitimate questions as a cover for not answering anything he deems "difficult".

It's taken far too long to happen, but Joiner's finally being found out for what he is. And he's doesn't like it. If Val Kilmer had sued Joiner years ago, we probably wouldn't be here having this conversation.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  9. Q_Incarnate

Q_Incarnate Cadet Newbie

That's because you are not looking at the right thing Bear. What you are looking at is the Unofficial PAGE, not the group.

10. Admiral Bear

Someone complaining they DSTL ticket site won't let him buy a Patrick Stewart photoshoot for the Saturday, with the site saying they're only available for Friday and Sunday. Poster has asked the pertinent question "Is Patrick going to be at the event on Saturday?"

Post will probably have been removed by this evening. Get it while it's still hot.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  11. Rarewolf

Actually they've answered - the online allocation of his photoshoot HAS sold out, with less then half remaining on the other two days.

As such keeping the thread open serves a purpose to them.

Do feel sorry for the guy though - you have to buy a ticket to see what extras have sold out? And if the website said sold out instead of removed completely it would avoid confusion.

12. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Let's keep the discussion about the London event, instead of branching out into bashing other forums, please.

13. Admiral Bear

I think this constitutes unpleasant bait and switch tactics, not that I'd expect anything else from this company. Looks like one for Trading Standards.

Seems a bit odd that Patrick photoshoots have suddenly sold out with 2 1/2 months to go when we were never even told they were limited. Obviously the line has to be drawn somewhere regarding numbers, but to not be told how many were for sale, plus the general manner Shamasters are handling this is, as usual, pretty damn disreputable.

The whole ticket buying system was deliberately set up so that you have to pay for an entry ticket before you can even see if tickets for the advertised events are even available. Has nothing to do with making sure people can add tickets to their original order without paying more booking fees. Those of us with eagle eyes will have noticed that during one of his meltdowns, Joiner said tickets for the 5 captains talk would go on sale "in a few days". Well, that was well over a week ago, and it still doesn't appear to have happened, not that any of us would know if the tickets were available or not unless we'd already stumped up for an entry ticket!

Scum company.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  14. Admiral Bear

After what I've read today, I don't know what photographers will be used for the DSTL photoshoots. It seems the only two photographers from LFCC who could take a decent photo will no longer be working with Shamasters.

Also from Twitter loitering, it seems Media 10 have got their hands on the TOS bridge set that was in the London Star Trek Exhibition about 10 years ago.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  15. Rarewolf

Interesting, considering all the trouble they had with the other photo sessions.

Hopefully as they've never tried to take a photo before in the Excel centre they will learn quickly, since they never make the same mistake twice!

I thought the whole point of Media 10 being invovled was they made whole houses for the Ideal Home Show. Getting a ready made bridge seems like cheating! Still it will serve the purpose.

16. Admiral Bear

It's quite funny that Shamasters put up that forum poll asking people which bridge set they wanted for photoshoots, when it was pretty clear from the start which one they were going to get.

AFAIK, there's no Enterprise-D bridge set outside of the US, and there's never been anywhere in the world, mock ups of the Defiant, Voyager, Enterprise-E, or Enterprise-NX bridges.

And yet people were suckered in to posting "I want the Defiant bridge etc etc".

I pity the people who've loaned the TOS bridge to Media 10. After thousands of dirty, smelly fans have walked over it to have their photo taken, and probably tried to sit in the big chair, I dread to think what condition it's going to be in. When it was at the Trek exhibition, it was roped off and you couldn't get near it.

17. Admiral Bear

Someone on twitter is saying they're taking Shamasters to court as they've not had their money back for long cancelled guest tickets from previous events.

I think this person needs some serious public support.

18. Q_Incarnate

Q_Incarnate Cadet Newbie

The event in London was Star Trek The Experience - it was the Enterprise D bridge too, not the original

19. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Star Trek: The Exhibition was in London. The Experience was in Vegas. :)

There was an exhibition in Edinburgh many years ago that had a roped off TOS bridge. That may be what Admiral Bear is thinking of.

20. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I was at that very exhibition, the bridge was all roped off, you went by like you were at a state funeral.....lol

Although i did take a chance, jumped the rope, and had a quick photo taken standing next to the caps chair before security noticed. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.