Official Smallville Season Eight Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jul 6, 2008.

1. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

yeah its an interesting theory, but I think that ending is going to confuse a few people

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

TV guide interview
    http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Smallville-Preview-1/800043585
    probably another alternate reality episode/ dream in which Welling takes them off as fast as he can :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some people pay a lot of money to be confused.

They're called drug addicts and alcoholics.

I don't think any one would admit that they quit a show because it was too smart for them, but almost everyone would quit a show which was too simplistic and unchallengingly... Of course then there are the people who confuse the two.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting interview...so they once again change something, this time Chloe's powers. I wonder what form they will take and how it will effect her rumored relationship with Doomsday. They're going away from the Kryptonian storyline...I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not. Does that mean the Fortress is completely destroyed and we won't be hearing from Jor-El any time soon? Clark will become Superman by another method that we're familar with? I'm still half and half about this season...some parts are interesting, most is big time meh.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ It could just be... evolution...

6. Admiral_Young

That would be too much to hope for NX...

7. Guy Gardener

Remember the final season of Earth final conflict? Left field bullshit. Or the three year back step on Dallas? Then again even Coto taking over Enterprise, the change was fucking GLARING, but oppositely so.

The probable problem is that it's going to be too Smallville to bring in new punters who've already made up their mind, but then also be just different enough to alienate the more fickle fanatics.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  8. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

There was never a three year back-step on Dallas.

One season was revealed to be a dream, and before that it hadn't been as widely done, despite becoming the controversy it did. Big deal.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I have a feeling you're right...

10. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ausiello/Entertainment Weekly

11. Guy Gardener

I wonder how the "war" in Indonesia is going?

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Kristen is coming back during sweeps. Sad thing is that may drive ratings down.

13. Guy Gardener

The only reason I hate Lana other than mob mentality and peer pressure is that she was standing in the way of Clark and Chloe. Wasn't actually doing anything for him or to him, just standing there like some evil traffic cone of blandnness... And now! They're putting Lois in the same position. Soon I'm going to hate Lois because it should be Chloe that Clark is swearing his undying devotion to on bended knee not Oliver Queen's Girlfriend...

The draw back is that Chloe is too good for the Man of Tomorrow.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^
    In the original screentests for Doomsday before he became a paramedic the person who he interacted with was Lois. She was complaining about the farmboy and that she was developing feelings for him and hated it.

15. Admiral_Young

Uh-Oh...Lana coming back during sweeps and at a very inopportune time for Clark? Oh boy more drama coming. I find the comments about Clark and Chloe and feelings having a creeping way in interesting. I wonder what all of this means. Wait I know...they're AMPING up the DRAMA for season eight! So no tights still...that combined with "we're taking Clark becoming Superman in a direction that has never been done before" (I know that isn't the exact quote) has me worried now.

16. Guy Gardener

Lois has been complaining about "that" since the beginning which is just an extension of Margot Kidder's interpretation of the character that she is the center of the universe. Of course Lois was imagining such a relationship, the presupposed infatuation really really pissed off Clark. You were there.

Something strange has to happen to break the platonic status quo of their friendship.

O.

Is Martha President or a Luthor yet?

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Martha can no longer become a Luthor. The Luthor that was in love with her is dead. Then again didn't she win the MILF contest a few months ago?

18. Guy Gardener

Death cannot stop true love, all it can do is delay it for a little while.

19. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Great...I can look forward to five more episodes Clana angst. :rolleyes:

They're still keeping the vain of Miles and Grough. Great...

Those two are the reason the show has been dragged down the past two seasons with the neverending emphais on Clana, Clark being a gutless coward who refuses to fulfill his destiny, etc

20. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, great. I can look forward to five more episodes of Clana. :rolleyes:

The fact that they are keeping true to Miles and Grough's vision is not promising. That vision is responsible for the neverending Clana angst, Clark being a gutless coward who refuses to accept his destiny, and the fact that every Kryptonian on Earth can fly except for Clark. That's really something a person should try to live up to. :rolleyes: