Most underrated and most Overrated character?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by GalaxyClass1701, May 11, 2010.

1. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree with you. But as she was realized, she actually didn't do so much, thus I think she is not actually under-rated. If that logic makes sense.

2. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Overrated: Elim Garak. OK, don't shoot me! I really do like this character a lot, but to a lot of DS9 fans he's pretty much the second coming. With that sort of adulation it's hard not to be at least a little overrated.

Underrated: Quark. His role in DS9's Occupation arc was fantastic, but otherwise he too rarely got the chance to really shine.

3. Fenric

Fenric Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Overrated - Spock - I just never really enjoy vulcans / 1/2 Vulcans and when watching the original series i was always far more interested in McCoy and Kirk than spock

Underrated - Ezri Dax - well not only do I :adore: Ezri Dax, I do often wish she was in more episodes of DS9 some how, Also I enjoy reading about her in the DS9 relaunch novels

4. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

Over-rated: Sisko, Robu

Under-rated: Barclay, Lwaxana Troi, Chekov, Bones!!!, Rom, Quark, Dukat, Hoshi, Trip, Malcom

5. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

lol

6. Rek

Rek Commander Red Shirt

Most Overrated: Wesley Crusher. I just never found any appeal in him.

Most underated: Elim Garak. Damn I loved that guy. He added in the humor that I loved and I sort of clicked with him when it came to fear and such. etc. A great character all around. When I first watched that ep when he "died" I was SO pissed, thank god it was just a fake world projected into their mind by the dominion.

7. Mikkid82

Mikkid82 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Most Overrated: Janeway

Most Underrated: Garak - Superb character writing