Best conversation you've had with a celebrity?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Othello, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

Let's hear the stories... tell people the best conversation you've ever had with a celebrity. Can be anyone famous, a tv or movie actor to an athelete and anything in between.

My favorite conversation I ever had was with WWE superstar Edge. Met him in a bar after a show before he really broke out big. He just did his great series of matches with Kurt Angle abd Chris Benoit, which I heaped praise on him for as they were great and REALLY elevated his in-ring skills and were the bet series of matches that year, and we talked for like 45 minutes or so about wrestling and argued about who was better, Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan. He was a huge Hogan fan growing up and I'm a huge Ric Flair fan. The coolest thing about the conversation though was that we got into a conversation about himself as a wrestler and I argued (very politely LOL) with him about whetehr he'd be better and make it bigger as a heel or a face. I argued his old Edge character that was such an arrogant dickhead and how well he played it would go over way better with the fans witha few tweaks and the right push than his babyface perona he was using then would. Flash forward a few years and he makes it big as easily the WWE's best heel wrestler.

He was a very nice guy and easy to talk to. A lot of the WWE supersttars are easy to talk to and good with fans.

2. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I talked to the director of "Entertaning Angels: The Dorothy Day Story", and he was quite nice.

I also spoke with Jeff Atmajian (one of hte primary orchestrators for James Newton Howard), and he was super nice too.

3. Sagart

Sagart Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've chatted with Bob Picardo about politics, with John Rhys-Davies about religion, with Zachary Quinto about his favourite places in Ireland, Colin Baker about new Dr Who and what we don't like about it and Tom Baker about BBC comedy and his love of 'Allo, 'Allo.

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mine is with Jimmy Buffett at a book signing back in the early 90s

Me: Hi
    Jimmy Buffett: Hello

That's pretty much the extent of my celebrity conversations.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^That rivals my encounter with Paul McCartney. While shaking his hand at Carnegie Hall in '97, I think I muttered something along the lines of, "How are ya?" He may have muttered something back along the lines of, "Good," but I was too stoked in the moment to remember clearly afterwards.

6. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

I've had a few to choose from! I guess the longest conversation I had was with Jeff Healy over a beer or two in a club in Missassauga, Ontario back in the late 80s. Great guy...really sad at his passing :(

George Takei would be second...he was so kind and generous with his time when he signed an autograph for me...we talked about how I was a teacher and how important education was.

7. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Had a lot of great conversations with Bob Picardo and Ethan Phillips a number of years ago when we were writing their two stage shows.

Probably my favorite was when we were first reading "House Call" at Ethan's house. When he found out I did Mac support, he asked me to take a look at his PowerBook. It was an easy fix, but he and I began chatting about Macs. Bob comes into Ethan's office, script in hand, and says, "Are you two kids through playing?"

--Ted

8. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

LOL

That gave me a goo chuckle. :techman:

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I had a long steak dinner with Chicago Cubs legend Andre Dawson about two months ago. For such a mighty ballplayer, he was so very quiet, reserved and humble -- a gentle giant.

10. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

I had a great private tour of the Columbia Museum of Art with Tony Randall back in 1982. He knew more about the collection than the curator!

11. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

I spent a whole summer working with Tom Hanks in 1976. Had many conversations with him, and don't remember a single thing we talked about. If I had known then he was going to become so famous I'd have paid more attention, and been a lot nicer to him. :brickwall:

12. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I had a lengthy conversation with Tim Russ once. He used to live near me. We talked about everything from his portrayal of Tuvok (Nimoy's Spock was his model), to dark skinned Vulcans (he got a big laugh out of some fans objection to a black Vulcan).

Had a nice run in with Tony Todd (Kurn, Candyman) in a mall once. He disliked the Candyman movies, was once considered for the role of "Sisko", and the Trek producers were at one time considering a Klingon T.V. series.

Both were very nice.

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Matt Hardy might disagree. :)

14. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I had a really nice conversation with Bruce Springsteen once. To be honest, I can't remember a thing we talked about (other than a particular cause we are both involved in) because I was too busy being in awe of the very idea of being in his presence. But I do remember he was very kind - a nice guy for someone who no doubt gets mobbed wherever he goes.

Second place would no doubt go to Peter Jurasik, who I chatted with for some time at a scifi convention.

Third would go to Avery Brooks.

15. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Being on the recieving end of some great flirting by Alice Krige was definitely about the best I can think of right now...

Weirdest was having a conversation about crime and punishment and revenge with Gareth Thomas and suddenly realising that at some point in the past five minutes Gareth had stopped talking and I was now chatting to Roj Blake...

16. TerriO

TerriO Writer-type human Premium Member

Mentioning that I had enjoyed writing the Female Q far too much to Suzie Plakson, and getting in response, "Would that you had been writing Voyager."

And then finding out she'd loved my Selar story in No Limits so much she gave it to her brother to read after she finished. :lol:

Of all of the conversations I've had, that probably ranks at #1 right now.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Most famous person I've talked to is Ashley Miller online (writer of Andromeda at the time, now on Terminator). We even exchanged VHS tapes at one point, and he said he'd take custody of my story if I died (that being a large concern for me at the time!) ;)

18. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Bumped into Charlie Sheen in a convenience store in the Az desert. He said, "Excuse me," as he stepped by and I said "No prob." A deep, meaningful chat, y'know?

Actually, talking to Patricia Arquette about her then-toddler son was pretty cool. And discussing the b.s. that the production team was pulling on us in regards to our checks was an interesting chat I once had with Mike Madsen.

The best chat was probably with Jay Mohr. We were playing roulette in Laughlin and we talked about Az, sports and movies for over an hour. Nice guy. Didn't realize who it was until about 3 hours later(although I had begun to suspect I'd seen him somewhere else while we were talking.)

19. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

actually had Brent Spinner come to my grandmothers last birthday party, she was a Huge Data fan, i ended up asking him a ton of behind the scenes questions

20. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I had a conversation like that once with former astronaut Jim McDivitt, when we both worked for the same company (he as VP, me as a shipping-department peon.) He seemed like a nice guy.