Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Relayer1, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?

1. I'll get both

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4)

49 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Staying with Xbox (360 to One)

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4)

21 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

My 15 year old son has been discussing this with his friends at school. At the moment the split between PS3 and Xbox360 ownership is pretty much equal.

With the concerns about second hand games and having to connect to the internet every 24 hours, coupled with the price difference, 6 out of 7 of the Xbox players plan to move over to the PS4.

What do you plan to do ?

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know there's three next generation consoles. I expect a price drop for the Wii U this Christmas and I'll most likely pick one up then. The PS4 will be my second choice in a few years.

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I have the 360/PS3 at present, but due to MS DRM policy with the X1 i will be going PS4/Wii-U, these are the only two consoles i will be touching.

I have no intrest in dealing with any of the DRM on the X1.

4. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why no option for not getting either of them?

5. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's just too much nonsense surrounding the XBOXOne.

Aw man, my internet is down. I'll kill the time by playing some games. Oh.

6. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Unless my 360 dies, I'm not getting either. Microsoft has really done it though, general consensus around the web is almost wildly negative. I don't see the One selling.

7. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I currently have both Xbox 360 and PS3 (as well as a Wii U). My current thinking is that I'm sticking with what I have for now and of the options the PS4 looks far preferable. So when I come to upgrade it will likely be the PS4 only.

Practically every gamer I know is thinking the PS4 will be their choice, too.

8. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Oh it's a bloody disaster. How in the name of Hell are they gonna bounce back from this?

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I will probably get both but as it stands the PS4 will be the first I get and will stay as my primary console for most 3rd party games. I've gone from Mega Drive - PS1 - PS2 - 360 in my gaming career ;) but Sony has won me back now for the PS4.

The X Box One I will get some time in 2014 maybe though quite possible not till christmas 2014 when Halo 5 comes out.

10. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

I have a Wii and a PS3 now and bought both well after they were released. I plan to do the same with the Wii U and the PS4. I like waiting a couple of years to save money on price drops, used games, player's choice and greatest hits releases, and for Sony, slimmer cases. I still have a long list of PS3 classics to get through in the meantime, so it's no hurry.

As for the Xbox One...yikes. I prefer PS exclusives like Infamous to Halo and Fable anyways, and Microsoft's E3 debacle did nothing at all to sway my mind. Ultimately it's the used games thing that kills it for me. I haven't bought a console game brand new in years which has saved me hundreds of bucks in the long run.

11. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Uhhh... don't vote?

Eventually, I'll get both, but PS4 first and the X1 after a price cut or 2 occurs.

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'll be changing from the 360 to the PS4.. exact time to be determined.

I absolutely loathe the vibe Microsoft gives off right now.. technically it wouldn't bother me in the slightest because i have a stable broadband connection that cuts out maybe once a year for a time (if that) and i don't sell off my finished games.

However it's about principle.. Microsoft wants to control me as a customer, dictate how and when i use their products for which i paid good money.

So keep your product and i'll bo joining another company which is marginally better and has made the right public choices (i've no illusions about Sony pulling the same crap as MS if they thought they'd get away with it and come off with a better bottom line).

13. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I usually don't sell my used games either and I almost never buy used games. But recently, I've looked at my collection of blu-ray and video games, probably 300 + at the moemnt... and I just don't want the burden of caring for them anymore. I've begun to buy digital downloads of video games and digital rental of movies when I can get comparable 1080p quality. So no selling of used games for me going forward by default.

14. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Well, on this small (and therefore unrepresentative) sample, it rather looks as if Microsoft have killed their own product in the marketplace.

This made me smile -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

15. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Sticking with the PS3 - it does everything I need it to do.

16. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

The Wii U is certainly new but "next generation" in any meaningful sense? no - it already lags now and is going to look pretty sicky in even a couple of years.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

PS4 for sure. I don't know when I'm gonna buy it, though. It will probably depend on the release of certain games, and whether they are PS4-exclusive or if they release versions for PS3 as well. I love my PS3, but there are some PS4 games that I am really looking forward to.

18. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Sticking with the PS3 for now, but will likely get a PS4 a couple of years after it launches.

What I'm really curious about is, what did MS's market research tell them? Honestly, I want to know, because they've made every conceivable mistake to piss off gamers, and they only seem to be digging themselves into a hole each time they speak. I think that the XBox 360 was one of their more successful hardware products, where others have failed to hit the mark, ie Zune, Surface Tablet, phones. It's particularly telling that they fumbled this so badly, and I think they needed this to be successful, the XBox 360 having been so popular. On the other hand, they never struck me as a consumer-aware company, doing whatever they want and expecting people to like it, especially as of late.

I have this vision in my head of executives sitting in at a meeting and nodding to all of their "great ideas".

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Lately, Microsoft's decision-making seems to be based in the bazarro world. What do customers want out of our products? Cool, let's do the opposite of that!

20. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So I guess those of us who aren't interested in either of them and who'll be switching to PC for newer games don't count then.:confused: