Call of Duty 5 SUCKS! Dont waste your money!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Lookingglassman, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

This is not a true statement at all. The "superiority" of modern firearms doesn't have much to do with the "power" of the weapons. In fact, I would say that the .308 caliber M1 Garand rifle of WWII has more "power" than the .223 caliber (5.56mm) M6A4 in use now.

2. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am so far.

3. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I took the Beta to the end(Lvl 44). OP-I found that turning the brightness way up improved the graphics a lot. The "grainy" look is intentional, according to an early developers blog I read-its their way of adding to the "fog of war". I never had an issue with shooting through walls-An MG42 with high impact whipped right through almost anything but a tank. Also, I don't play the off-line anyway-electronic masturbation does nothing for me. I'd rather pit myself against other people-far more satisfying when I win. Tetryarch made it clear that the multi-player was their pride and joy. Their goal was to add-on to the COD4 experience. Judging by the Beta, they may have pulled it off. The variety of weapons is great, also. In COD4 I ended up relying on 3 weapon load-outs, including the MP-5, all the way to Lvl 55. In the Beta I rotated load-outs all of the time because most of the guns were a blast to use. Another improvement in the 5Beta-snipers couldn't dominate a round the way they can in COD4-I never cared to be a sniper but was forced into it by those damn sniper alley rounds where an entire team would sit back in a corner with the stupid things and none of the other guns could hit that far away. In 5, you can take a sniper out with an MP-44 if you are a good enough shot. Also, the dogs lend a bit of fear to the game that never grows old-you never know when one's gonna appear in your face unexpectedly. One of the best moments I had in 5Beta was lying in last stand waiting to be revived(another great perk). I rotated around to check my "6" and a dog was crouched over me, snarling. I dropped the drink I'd just picked up.

IMO-COD5 is not COD4, despite being based on the engine. It takes getting used to but I got 2D14hours of fun off the Beta and I expect I'll get a lot more out of the full game starting in about 12 hours...:techman:

4. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

Where are the reviews? :wtf: I can't find any.

5. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I keep checking Metacritic and a few other sites for a professional review. What's the deal?

6. Twilight

7. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I bought it because I read a review of it in the XBOX magazine awhile back. The way review sounded it seemed like ti was going to be a great game, but all it is is more of the same like COD 3. One thing I heard was you had more paths in order to attack something like in COD 4, but in reality you are really stuck going down endless trenches and halways in order to get to your objective.

Well anyway, it is good to have friends in high places. I work with a guy whose wife works at the local gamestop and I did him a favor once so she took it back and gave me a full refund instead of making me exchange it for another copy.

If you really want to play it I say wait until the price goes down or play COD 3 since it is essentially the same game. It is not worth 60 bucks.

8. Lookingglassman

Pkerr, I started out on easy to get a feel for the game then switched to the hardest setting and it still was stupid. The other characters get in the way, always seem to be standing behind you when you are trying to move to escape a gernade or enemy fire.

I got it yesterday because I pre-ordered it from gamestop.

9. Twilight

Found another review - very positive - here:

http://cheatcc.com/xbox360/rev/callofdutyworldatwarreview.html

One note about multiplayer: some possible balancing issues in kill streak rewards:

My experience in the Beta is that the 5 kill mortar strike is VASTLY more powerful (in that it covers more surface area) than the airstrike in COD4 ... that might get annoying.

10. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

11. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Mistral

Those issues were already fixed a couple of weeks ago, including the on-going KillBonus thing. As for the strike power-yeah, it covers a big area but once you realize there's a pattern to the shells landing you can (sometimes) escape. I've actually stood in the middle of one, watching my panicking teammates die and shells land all around me without being touched. You just have to remember the final shell comes a bit late and off-angle from the rest...

I'm waiting to see how long it takes Treyarch to fix the dog glitch. I found it on my own and haven't really seen anyone else use it so I'm staying mum, but there is a way to survive a direct dog attack without killing the beasties.

If you go to the link Twilight (?) posted that I quoted here, there are a number of different reviews in the bottom left column.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  13. Twilight

14. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finished it last night, and it was incredible. Just when I was getting to the point where I'd had enough and was ready for it to end, it changed things up in a big way and I was cackling like a lunatic right through to the end.

Bring on Gears 3. Now.

15. apostle83

apostle83 Admiral Admiral

Me loves it. Me orgasms.

16. Mistral

Yeah, I've got 3 hours until its in my hands-but I have to wait until like 3-4 hours later to play.:( Gotta feed the family, put the kid to bed, etc. GRRRRR.

17. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

Guitar Hero: Call of Duty edition, obviously!

18. Lookingglassman

I went out and bought a copy of Far Cry 2 and I like this game MUCH better than COD 5.

19. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

goddamned dogs man, atleast with the COD 4 helicopter, i could break out the RPG or my M-60 and drop it as soon as i see it, but the dogs continually respawn for a whole minute

20. jkladis

jkladis Moderator Admiral

I'll have to check with my brother. The guys at work were lining up today.

And...

Don't forget that these days "Jap" is offensive, especially to Japanese-Americans. We actively discourage that language here. Thanks.