So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Yeah, I remember him saying something like that in an interview a few years back.

The major problem is: Keeping the writing fresh, and keeping interested in the characters and zombie situation(s) when that genre may become passe.

It'll be like General Hospital where the show started in the 60s(?) and is seemingly neverending...:lol:

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Most of the way through "The long way to a small, angry planet" by Becky Chambers.

I'm enjoying it.

3. John Clark

Just started Star Wars: Twilight Company by Alexander Freed:)

4. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I'm still reading The Stand by Stephen King. I figure it will take awhile.

5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:techman:I just finished reading Ascendance I really liked the book. And now I'm reading Startrek Voyager Atonement by Kirsten Beyer. I can't wait to get her next novel Pocket full of lies in a few weeks.:D

6. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

7. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Welcome to Night Vale. A must read for any fans of the podcast.
    I'm currently reading the comic adaptation of Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  8. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i'm chugging along with my 24th century reading order. I'm on TNG: Survivors. This book was alot better than i remember it being. The book really fleshed out Tasha. If the writers had done this with her, she could have been a standout TNG character.

9. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished DS9: Ascendance by David R. George III. Enjoyed it! Here's my review.

Currently reading Enterprise: The Good That Men Do.

10. John Clark

Giving Inferno by Dan Brown a try.

11. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I just finished James Swallow's latest Titan novel. I think i'll start on Ascendance next :)

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Jump the shark's bones?

Anyway, here I'm almost through Perverting The Course Of Justice by "Inspector Gadget" - a pseudonymous expose of the crap that UK cops have to deal with.

13. Reanok

I finished reading Star Trek Voyager Atonement by Kirsten Beyer. Excellent wrap up to the previous Voyager novels. :techman::hugegrin: I'm looking forward to reading the upcoming Star trek books soon.

14. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I'm reading "mission gamma book 1"

15. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wrapped up TNG: Survivors by Jean Lorrah. Onto TNG: The Children of Hamlin by Carmen Carter. This was another great early TNG book, i'm already halfway through it.

16. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Took a bit of a break from Trek Lit in the lead up to The Force Awakens. Since the summer, I've read a lot of Star Wars books and comics in their chronological order in the "new canon timeline." It was quite fun. Dark Disciple [pretty good, if a little cheesy at times], Lords of the Sith [not all that great], Tarkin [Really good!], A New Dawn [Really good, but maybe just a tad too long]. I've even read some of the YA novels that tie into Rebels which have mostly been poor to fair. (Ezra's Gamble being the best, the book I'm currently stalled out, Imperial Justice, being the worst). I've been watching the movies and tv episodes along with everything and it's been a great ride, but I'm flagging a little bit now.

I've got Before the Awakening and The Force Awakens novelization on deck, possibly going back and forth between Deep Space Nine: Ascendance.

17. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished the Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief graphic novel adaptation.

I'm now reading Star Trek: Seekers 4: All That's Left by Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore.

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes by Drew Gaska.

19. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Getting back into reading Star Trek quite a bit soon, but one last Star Wars read before that. I'm reading the 3 new short stories in the Rise of the Empire reprint. It's odd that the short stories aren't in chronological order with the reprinted novels, but what I've read so far is good.

20. Reanok

I finished reading Star Wars The Awakening novelization by Allan Dean Foster.