Game Of Thrones Season 5 TV Only Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Tom, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

QUOTE=President Trump;11294029]
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for.[/QUOTE]

It's been widely reported in local media around Belfast that a huge battle scene was filmed in the town of Saintfield and Harrington was spotted there. The consensus seems to be that it was a battle to retake the North/Winterfell, presumably between the Boltons on one hand and Jon and Stark loyalists, possibly aided by wildlings, on the other. Winterfell is often filmed nearby to this area.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

*zombie thread!*

I finally got to watch Season 5 on Blu Ray. I don't get HBO. :ouch:

I generally found it very enjoyable; I thought this was the season everyone hated? I liked that characters finally started to cross over. I love the pairing of Dany and Tyrion. Jon Snow working for Stannis was interesting.

The Hardhome battle was absolutely amazing. I think I liked it more than Blackwater or the Wall assault. It just looked insanely real, expensive, and gorgeous. The dread of the coming snow was such an incredible moment; WINTER IS HERE!!! It was a payoff of five years of waiting for something and it was so creepy. The image of the White Walkers sitting on horses on the mountaintops motionlessly watching the battle was so creepy. Jon Snow gets to kill a White Walker. We see a Giant kicking ass. And the ending show of the White Walker just staring at Jon Snow with this EFF YOU look on his face as he raises the dead was my favorite moment of the series.

My second favorite moment, another I've been waiting forever for this moment, is Dany's dragon coming to the rescue and her flying on it and toasting the cultists. I've gotten so sick of her story line spinning its wheels since the end of Season 2. So her actually flying a grown up dragon was great.

The season finale wasn't amazing but there were lots of nice little moments in it. It's a real shame they killed Jon Snow; he was basically the only sympathetic character in the series aside from Tyrion. I don't particularly care about anyone else as a person.

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just picked up my Season 5 copy today. I'm probably going to rewatch the whole series before Season 6 premieres. Got the House Martell cover at Best Buy.

5. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

We have the season five set on reserve from the local library- first in line once it is cataloged.
    Bunch of stuff to look forward to (we do not care about spoilers)
    Tyrion joining up with the dragon lady, the walk of shame (so tired of waiting for her to get hers)...
    This show has major motion picture production values and cast- really enjoy every moment, even when favorite characters are always getting killed.

6. Stephen Lee

Stephen Lee Commodore Commodore

I got my copy just before the weekend and binged it. I enjoyed it alot.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Am I supposed to feel sorry for Cersei in that last episode? I still think she's irredeemably evil, no matter what sad things happen to her.

8. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Cersei has done so much harm to others and always gotten away with it. I have been waiting seasons for her to finally get her due and when I saw a still of her taking the walk of shame I felt joy.
    Now I can watch Season five and see how she gets to that point- looking forward to it almost as much as watching Joffrey getting poisoned...

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

They did an excellent job with that whole scene. It's been a while since reading the books, but it was quite true to the original, IIRC.

Certain things in this show they really get dead-on. The fight between Martell and the Mountain was another well-rendered scene from the source material. The only thing I think they missed was when Tyrian was supposed to have power-booted his lunch after Martell's skull got crushed. I suspect Dinklage either flat-out said "no", or the show-runners likely thought it might have been too comical an exclamation point on the scene that was supposed to be deadly serious.:barf::lol:

Other than that, perfection!

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought the walk of shame went on waaaaaaaaaay too long. But of course they were going to do that, since it involved full frontal female nudity :razz: But really, there was no reason for it to go on that long, or there to be that much nudity. You could easily have shot that without a single nipple or merkin since there were people crowding her in at all times.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I suppose in fairness they did open Tyrion's Season 5 debut with him throwing up, just to compensate!

12. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

:lol: There was that, yes. A more appropriate place for that to happen, I think.