How many of the TNG films do you like?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Bones2, Dec 22, 2009.

?

How many of the 4 TNG movies (GEN, FC, INS, NEM) do you like?

1. All 4 of them

20 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. 3 of them

18 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. 2 of them

25 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. 1 of them

32 vote(s)
    31.4%
  5. None

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

It strikes me that the TNG films are held in much lower esteem than the TOS ones. So I'm interested to see how many people tend to like...as it were.

Do say which you prefer too.

Personally, I like them all except Insurrection.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

FC is the only one I really liked. The other range from mediocre to unwatchable.

3. Plomeek Broth

Plomeek Broth Commander Red Shirt

GEN average
    FC good
    INS bad
    NEM average if I'm really stretching

Shame the best voyages of the TNG crew are primarily in the series. TNG movies tried to make Picard like Die Hard Bruce Willis to cater to the droolers demographic.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I can watch any of the first three, although Star Trek Generations and Star Trek Insurrection posess serious flaws. For some inexplicable reason (I'll chalk it up to brand loyalty and some nice special features) I own Star Trek Nemesis, although I haven't watched more than ten mintues of it since I saw it in the theatre.

5. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

GEN: 6 (Decent) An okay introduction for the TNG movie era, but nothing to rave about.
    FC: 8 (Very good) Easily my favorite of the four. I loved the setting for this one. I also loved James Cromwell's portrayal of Cochrane.
    INS: 4 (Bad) I felt the story lacked substance. It's kind of like they put a bunch of bad TV episodes together and made a movie.
    NEM: So bad that I can't bring myself to rate it. I own this for the sake of completion, but haven't watched it since I saw it in the theatre and even then I fell asleep.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  6. Saxman1

Saxman1 Commodore Commodore

I like parts of each of them (for example, I can't totally hate "Nemesis" because Troi and Riker finally got married and Riker got the Titan). As a whole, I think the original cast films were much, much stronger.

7. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd say three of them. First Contact is my fave, and while I will readily admit that Generations and Insurrection have some very noticeable flaws, I like them overall.

Nemesis is the only one I'd say I don't like... although, to be fair, there are certainly plenty of worse movies out there.

8. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like the first three TNG movies (and detest the fourth) but I don't think any of them are especially cinema-worthy, especially not INS.

9. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

If I ever see "Generations", "Insurrection", and "Nemesis" on TV, I'll watch a few minutes of them just because I can enjoy the novelty of seeing the TNG crew with different uniforms and better production values than those they had on the show, but watching any more of those movies would depress me. So much talent being wasted. "First Contact" is not just my favourite Star Trek movie, but also one of my overall favourite movies of all time, so it's the only one I really like out of the TNG crew's big screen adventures.

10. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

Generations is pretty good, despite massive plotholes.
    First Contact is great. The best Trek movie of them all IMO.
    Insurrection is weak, but enjoyable.
    I voted for 3.

11. spaceballone

spaceballone Lieutenant Red Shirt

Nemesis is the only one I don't like although it does have a few parts I enjoy.
    First Contact is my favorite of all the movies.
    I've always like Generations alot and my only issue with Insurrection is that its more like a tv episode than a movie.

12. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

First Contact is the one I consider good, but yeah, I can rewatch two others. I've even seen Nemesis more than once; I am not sure why.

13. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Star Trek: Generations

There are bits and pieces of the others that I enjoy. But only one I enjoy from start to finish.

14. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Drooling demographic? That's not a nice thing to say about Patrick Stewart. ;)

Anyway, the only one I remotely liked was Generations, and it is a bad film, so I voted none. First Contact and Insurrection compete to be the worst Trek movie ever made. Nemesis is absolutely terrible, of course, but has some redeeming features.

15. Nathan_Heller

Nathan_Heller Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like only one of the films: First Contact.

16. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I don't mind GEN. I actually enjoy parts of it. I also enjoyed FC for the most part.

Then there are the other two. I saw them both. Once. Once was enough.

17. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    MY ORDER WITH GRADES:

1. First Contact A-

2. Generations B

3. Insurrection C+

4. Nemesis D

18. StardustSteph

StardustSteph Lieutenant Red Shirt

I really enjoyed First Contact, that is the only TNG film I can say I liked. Gen was ok. Insur & Nemesis were unbearable to me. :(

19. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2 of them.

FC & GEN, in that order.

I can stomach INS more than NEM.

20. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Looks like more than a few of us are on the same page about which order we prefer the four TNG films.