Just seen the last episode... I'm outrage!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by eezo, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eezo

eezo Ensign Newbie

Loved enterprise but feel like I've been stabbed in the back now.

Fat Riker, dead trip for no reason, I don't even know where to begin. What a total joke of a way to end a brilliant series.

Sigh....

2. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Join the rather large TATV-hatin' club.

3. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

You're a bit late to the party, but there's still plenty of chips and dip. :)

4. eezo

eezo Ensign Newbie

I would liken watching Enterprise to starting a relationship with a woman

The first two years are a little slow, you don't quite know what to make of each other but then all of a sudden around the third year the sex gets really really good and you realise why you have stuck with her all that time, it's steamy, passionate and filthy, then after a nice long romp and your fourth year together, you realise you have fallen in love, things are almost perfect..... but all of a sudden out of nowhere the b###h donkey punches you in the face, stamps on your balls, robs you blind and runs off with your brother.

I'm just flawed by how utterly disgustingly terrible that ending was.

I could actually cry it was so bad!

5. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How much of the fanbase (and book writers) ignores Trip's death? I sure do.

Oh, and next time you feel like giving Braga the benefit of the doubt, remember, he considered TATV a "love letter" to the fans. More like a Dear John. :D

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

eezo it is TERRIBLE. A lot of fans consider Demons and Terra Prime to be the real finale. It's fitting, dramatic, back on earth at crucial times.. and an excellent double ep.

TATV is one of the most actively loathed episodes in all of Trek, if not the most loathed. And of course being a finale that was touted as a "valentine to the fans" by Braga before it aired you can't just dismiss it laughingly like some other embarrassing episodes.

7. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd say it's second to And The Children Shall Lead.

8. teacake

But there was no pressure on that. It didn't specifically disappoint.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

These Are The Voyages had a nice concept, and could have made for an excellent two parter. But it would have cost money.

The Enterprise-E (the ENTIRE crew, from Picard down to Geordi) discovers the wreckage of the NX-01 enclosed in a comet. They are extremely puzzled, because there is no NX-01 anywhere to be found in the Starfleet databases.

They take the mission and personal logs and reconstruct the final missions on the holodeck. Based on that, they uncover a big conspiracy and battle the threat.

At the end, they return the ship and its crew home, making it public and putting the adventures of the NX-01 in its proper place in history books. Maybe T'Pol was still alive but lived in exile.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep... a Valentine to the fans? More like B&B just saying "Screw you!" to the few fans who had stuck around at that point. ;)

A crossover between TNG and ENT could be a decent episode if done properly. Voyager managed it. But not on the finale. The finale should've been a celebration of Enterprise... not Riker and Troi stealing the show for no reason.

11. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

[LEFT][​IMG]
    [/LEFT]
    [LEFT]:p
    [/LEFT]

12. teacake

I'm excited by the brand new fresh outrage.

13. Pippin

Pippin Ensign Red Shirt

The relaunch books have apparently gone to great lengths to undo Trip's death.

Me, I just ignore it. After all, it's just a holodeck programme done by Troi, of all people (not exactly an electronics genius) and since continuity is ignored pretty consistently throughout the entire episode (Trip never went to college? Hoshi could hardly understand him at first? He calls Archer "boss"? As evay said on triphammered, who are these pod people?).

I think you'll find that most fans (a) hate the episode with a pure and holy hatred and (b) don't think Trip is dead.

14. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Barclay got drunk and reprogrammed the holodeck to mess with Riker.

15. teacake

^Aaand.. when Riker is on Wheel of Latinum next year and asked a simple history question about the NX-01's chief engineer he smugly answers with this total fiction and the buzzer buzzes his ass right out of that Risa holiday he was hoping to win.

16. eezo

eezo Ensign Newbie

I had only ever managed to get as far as season 2 before giving up but a friend suggested it was worth sticking with, I'm glad I did as season 3 and 4 where awesome.

I just can't believe after such good writting there was such a nuclea disaster of a final episode. Think I'm going to count the previous 2 parter as the final.

At leaset there was no fat Data in it as well I guess!

17. teacake

Yes 3 and 4 were fantastic, and have led me to a fondness for 1 and 2 in retrospect.

At no point during the four seasons of ENT viewing I enjoyed did I ever think, "you know what would improve this.. Riker."

18. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well those two episodes end on a more fitting note ENT. As fpr TATV think of it more as a TNG episode.

The only real characters in it are Riker and Troi

It is said on the holodeck of the Ent-D in the 24th Century

As it is set on the holodeck we are watching a recreation of events

19. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

TATV was terrible, there is no other way around it.

Even if the Riker/Troi moments were brought up to the "current" TNG timeline and had them on the Titan it still would've been bad.

I'm actually kinda glad this episode causes so much outrage still, it just proves that it was as awful as everyone thought it was on first viewing :)

20. eezo

eezo Ensign Newbie

Anyone know if Braga ever took any responsibility for this travesty?

I kind of feel like he needs to personally apologise to me and every other enterprise fan who watched that utter waste of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.