stalkin' my peeps - Welcome New Members thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by alibee, Sep 26, 2007.

1. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

I've never been to a Zumba class, but I seen the classes in action.

2. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Certainly couldn't hurt. I'm racing towards 30 too, I guess.

<------ 27.

3. PopBoy

PopBoy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hahaha!
    ;-)
    Yeah I am thinking Zumba is all about the music and the fun....

4. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

belatedly welcome :)
    You have pretty eyes, even when you are jet-lagging!

and LOL at the race towards 30 - I'm almost as old as the two of you together :P (but young at heart!)

5. PopBoy

Hey thanks ;-) The most important thing - is to be young at heart. Totally.

6. ShamelessMcBundy

Then in that case, I'm 12.

7. PopBoy

awwwwwww u reflect ur avatar........then ;-)

8. ShamelessMcBundy

It's how I stay young. ;)

9. rhubarbodendron

in my experience the only important thing in life is to preserve one's sense for nonsense :D

I feel kinda 23-ish inside - and regularly feel surprised when I see my reflection in a mirror or a shop window, lol. Still, being close to 50 is not all that bad: you are old enough to be naughty and still young enough to enjoy it.

10. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Heeey...I've lurked here on and off over the years, decided to start posting a bit. I was really into Voyager and J/7 in high school, then kept watching Trek on and off through college. I just graduated with my bachelors in information systems, and have decided that there's no better way to spend my summer and indulge my quarter life crisis than by neglecting employment and filling in all of the gaps in my Trek viewing history.

I'm also pretty crazy about Battlestar Galactica. I have a small shrine to Admiral Cain on my desk, an army of cylons on top of my PC, a giant cardboard cylon standee next to my bed, and a bookshelf full of BSG minimates. It's been my defining obsession for the last while. =P

11. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Did I say hello in the wrong thread?

Hi, I'm Rhaven.

12. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Hello Rhaven, welcome aboard to the board!

13. kirsten187

Hello new guys - welcome to the boards :)

14. GulGoneCrazy

GulGoneCrazy Lieutenant Red Shirt

Greetings to all from long haired crazy dude!
    I'm living and working in Croatia, i like things like heavy metal and hard rock music,big girls:drool:,history,animals,poetry and Star trek!Generally i am an musician and artist who is living far from real world as much he can and i am trying to enjoy my life as much i can!
    DS9 are my favorite series.Unfortunately can't say i am a big trekkie since i don't have much free time ,but i am glad to be here! :cardie:

15. kirsten187

Another DS9 fan! Welcome to the forums :)

16. rhubarbodendron

Welcome, Colibri, Rhaven and GulGoneCrazy :)

LOL I think I never got around to properly introduce myself outside of the lounges.

I'm another Niner/TNGer. Besides Trek I like Galactica as well (but I liked the old series better than the new one) and am a big fan of the Highlander Series and Star Wars (the 3 old movies only. The new ones are not quite my cup of tea).

You'll never catch me without a book, particularly very old SciFi like Verne, Heinlein or McVicar. A few months ago I purchased an ebook reader which currently holds some Highlander Fanfiction, Sun Tsu's 'Art of Warfare', Plato's 'Symposion', 'carry on, Jeeves' and a couple of fairy tales.
    My taste in music is just as versatile: I like Rainbow and all the spinnoffs (Dio, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath etc.), Rush, the Beatles, music from the 60s, baroque music (particularly Telemann and Purcell), Gilbert&Sullivan operas, renaissance music, Gaelic Folk, Jazz (esp. Fusion) and Blues.

Other than that I do a lot of needlework (embroidery, knitting, sewing, quilting/patchwork and tatting), cook not all that badly and am friends with every single dog in a radius of 5 miles :) As a general rule I get along better with animals than with humans.
    I grow my own lettuce, radishes, tomatoes and herbs in pots and flower boxes and try to convince my eccentric hamster that neither lettuce nor rolled oats are poisonous, while he tries to make it clear to me that the ideal diet for a hamster consists of mealworms, sunflower seeds and mozzarella cheese exclusively. :D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  17. ro_ro_ro_laren

ro_ro_ro_laren Cadet Newbie

Hello!

I don't know if anyone here remembers me, I used to frequent the boards in 2001-02 I recently rediscovered my love for Trek and knew I had to come back:)
    So anyone from back then, hello!
    and all those I've not spoken to before, great to meet you:)

18. rhubarbodendron

welcome back :)
    Did you go under the same name back then?

19. kirsten187

Hi, welcome back :)

20. Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann Lieutenant

Hi everyone. I've been watching Star Trek since I was a child in the TNG era. TNG remains my favorite of all the series. I'm also one of the few people who seem to like Enterprise, in spite of all its flaws. Right now I'm in the midst of re-watching the entire series, just for the fun of it.

My favorite movies are TWOK and TUC. I hate J.J. Abrams' Star Trek, and I am not afraid to let it be known. I look forward to many spirited (but civil) arguments with some of you over the reasons why.

Thanks!