The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Yeah, that Shadow Biker Scout and Shadow Stormtrooper set is a Target exclusive and all brick-and-mortar stores should be receiving them. I have yet to see any of them at my local Target, but they'll probably get them if they're not already in the back room waiting to hit the sales floor.

2. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

?

CCC,

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Awesome set, KM. Looks the heroes all had a good time!

Today my LCS was having a 15% off everything sale, and when I saw this I lost all self control:
    [​IMG]
    Kotobukiya's Bishojou Series Mara Jade. This statue is just GORGEOUS! I seriously love everything about it.

"Welcome to the shelf, Aunt Mara!"
    [​IMG]

4. cooleddie74

Very cool! That's one of the best looking Mara Jades on the market and the Bishojou Jaina Solo reminds me of cable news personality Chris Jansing. :)

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw a review on youtube of the Mara statue...probably one of my very favourite statues that they've done so far. They did a tremendous job.

6. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TMNT figures, borrowed from my brother.

[​IMG]

7. OdoWanKenobi

Those are the bootleg NECA ones, right? I have the actual releases with the red bandanas. Probably still the best Turtles figures ever made. The colored bandana ones are so well done you would never even know they were bootlegs.

8. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think they are. I'm not sure where my brother got them from. Probably ebay. He also had some bootleg figures of the 90s movie figures.

9. cooleddie74

If any of you guys are interested in the new Rebels action figures keep your eyes peeled. The basic 3.75" figures and the Mission Series two-packs in the same scale have been spotted at a few retail locations here in the U.S. and they'll likely start appearing at many more as the days pass.

10. RyanKCR

RyanKCR Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the Jaina Solo one. I wonder if her brothers are available. I don't think I want to know the cost.

11. cooleddie74

I'm not sure if Kotobukiya ever made any Jacen or Anakin Solo statues and I'm thinking not (otherwise they would have been plastered all over the numerous collecting websites), but you might want to Google them and see what if anything turns up.

12. OdoWanKenobi

If they did it wouldn't be in the same anime style. The bishoujou line is all female.

13. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Went to Target today, and was quite surprised. They actually had a bunch of the new 6-inch Black Series stuff! They had the entire Wave 5 except for RotJ Luke, as well as the Speeder Bike. I grabbed Vader and Chewiee right away (I grinned like an idiot when I saw them). I really wanted the Speeder Bike, but spending $40 at once was already pushing it for me. I also love the new Sandtrooper. I very much prefer it to the original. Right now though "new" characters take priority over variants, because I have to draw the line somewhere lest I go broke.

14. cooleddie74

^
    Nice! Congratulations on your find and scores! I have yet to see the new Wave 5 figures in the redesigned packaging at any of my local big box stores.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another long wait has ended as I finally own Masters of the Universe Classics He-Man in all his glory! I ended up having to pay near $70 bucks for him...but well worth the price in my opinion. I have wanted him since the line started but always just missed out on him or didn't have the funds at the time. I will probably be getting She-Ra at some point. Skeletor is outrageous at some outlets right now. I dunno if Big Bad will have any re-stock in again or not but I probably won't be able to get him.

16. cooleddie74

Jedi Temple Archives and Yakface are reporting that more people are finding new Star Wars: Rebels action figures at brick-and-mortar retail in the U.S. and it includes both single-carded 3.75" figures and the Mission Series two-packs. I know these are 5-POA sculpts and from an animated series that some fans might not be too fond of yet (if they've even seen any episodes), but it's new Star Wars product and some of them actually look pretty good.

Also: a collector just reported finding Wave 6 of 3.75" Black Series at a Kmart. This is the very first wave assortment to be packaged on the all-new TIE Fighter Pilot-themed cardback design and includes Wampa Attack Luke Skywalker, R5-G19 and the repacks of both Starkiller and Darth Malgus from the Vintage Collection.

17. cooleddie74

For those who might still be on the fence about purchasing the new 6" Darth Vader from the Black Series, check out this video review of the figure from my buddy and fellow collector Corey over at The Wolfpack Podcast:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFegnb0Bo5s[/yt]

18. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

It looks like he's pimped himself up wearing "bling" with that necklace

19. cooleddie74

Yeah, I'm not he biggest fan of the oversized, Mr. T-like chain around his neck but at least it's not another painted silver fabric "chain" like many of the smaller 3.75" Darth Vader figures have had over the years. I wish they'd made smaller links in the chain so it didn't seem so exaggeratedly large but maybe there's only so much you can do with metal in this scale and at this pricepoint.

For the most part this is a pretty great-looking Vader.

20. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Picked up Reaction Dracula, Frankenstein and Bride figures yesterday.

CCC.