Stellarford class

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by RichMerk, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very nice. Ive never seen this class before. Reminds me a bit of the ship from Silent Running with the arboretum dome at the front

2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think we have seen this before, at least a new updated version of it.

Compare with this; http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/skyships-stid-screen.jpg

Keep in mind were seeing it from the bottom, and a little bit of the aft end is obscured, but I think the similarity's are more than coincidental.

Also, the name of the ship in the OP is USS KING CHARLES, the ships in STID are hovering over LONDON. Cut and dried, imo.

3. RichMerk

RichMerk Captain Captain

Highly unlikely.

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Keep up the good work.

5. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She isn't actually all that accurate to the original. She really only has the basic shape, and even then, I think that you made the edges a little too thick-the edges of the original are a little more rounded and thinner. She also isn't as blocky as you made her out to be.
    All that said, I can certainly appreciate AND applaud you for modeling a design that, no one else has done! And I do!!
    But if you ever feel up to it, I would certainly love to see you try to make a more accurate model!