Should they have sold Dharma products?

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Morpheus 02, Jun 15, 2010.

?

Would youhave bought Dharma-branded products

1. DEFINITELY they need to be in the sequel!

44.4%
  2. Probably

44.4%
  3. Maybe/Maybe Not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

11.1%
  5. I would've boycotted the store that sold them!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For the first couple of seasons, the Dharma-branded goods seemed significant (and was it 2nd season where thye even had Hanso Foundation commercials in-bteween real ones).

Just a thought...should they have tried to sell Dharma branded products in a store (replacing store brands for a season with the Dharma dranded stuff)?

A store like Aldi's could've seen a boost in their customers & purchases by fans who would normally go to a regular supermarket.

Those stores could've had a small mark-up for the licensing. i doubt they would've even need to reduce the price to get rid of the last of the inventory (the new season could've sparked new interest).

I bring this up because i think of the Simpsons campaign with 7-11. Was 7-11's selling of Simpsons products a big success?

So what do you think?

2. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really surprised they didn't go on a Dharma marketing blitz. I'd have tried some Dharma beer :guffaw:

The prize inside a box of Dharma corn flakes? A compass :p

3. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Well, they sell Tru Blood from the show, and as far as I know its been a moderate success.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

You can print up Dharma Initiative food labels HERE.
    This would be a good alternative to trying to find actual products---just relabel what you have.

Just click on the green "label" links. They have labels for crackers, beer, wine, soda, cookies, and you can even print out an Oceanic Airlines boarding pass.

MAN...I wish I knew more people who liked LOST. This would great for a party.

5. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

The DHARMA branding reminds me of the packaging for the Tesco Value series of products. :)

6. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You'd think that ABC would have tried something like this to promote the series finale or something. Does anyone remember when The Simpsons movie came out? 7-11 stores began to sell Simpsons-branded merchandise (and some stores, including one near where I lived at the time, re-vamped their exterior facade to resemble the Kwiki-Mart). I think that "Lost" fans (myself included) would have loaded up on Dharma Initiative food and beverages for screening parties, and to have as collectibles.

7. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was totally thinking that when i posted this.

i assume the idea came up. i just wonder why they decided not to go through.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And all those generic products we used to have in the 80's. They'd be labelled stuff like "Food" and "Beer" in weird sans-serif block letters, plus these cheap paperback novellas just labelled "Romance" or "Science Fiction" or whatever.