"All Good Things" ... an exciting thought...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Mott the barber, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

We're a day away from the S2 theater event and it got me thinking that, assuming they do a theater screening for season 7, there is no possible was they DON'T show AGT. How awesome would it be to see it on the screen, especially considering how often people wish it was the first TNG movie?

It's a ways off of course but it's an exciting proposition. :drool:

2. Minuet

Minuet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The marvelous progressive utopia of California
    I certainly wish, personally, that they had ended the TNG saga with that final feature-length episode. It said everything they wanted to say at the end and finished everything off with a neat little bow.

The final poker scene where Picard finally joins the crew for a game was the most beautiful ending they could have hoped for. I still tear up a little at the end, especially when Troi says, "You were always welcome" or something like that.

The films failed to carry the same tone of the television series. It's sad but true.

3. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I really wish they'd do these theatrical screenings in the UK.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still holding out for Best of Both Worlds on the big screen!

5. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a shame they aren't doing one season a year, otherwise it really would be 25 years later!

6. Minuet

That would be amazing. :drool:

7. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

BOBW and AGT would both be amazing on the big screen. I think BOBW is unlikely since it's split across 2 seasons. AGT is more likely, but is S1 is any indicator they may choose 2 individual episodes instead of the bookend two-parter.

8. Minuet

For me, though, I can't watch "The Best of Both Worlds" without finishing it with "Family." It's a three-parter as far as I'm concerned. "Family" finishes the story, and it has some of Stewart's best acting of the series. I always tear up when Picard starts crying after wrestling with his brother. It's so important to the arc that if I were to see "BOBW" on the big screen, I would want "Family" to be played as well, as an epilogue.

9. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

it's a shame that the TNG movies went for the action comedy thrills aspect of movie making without any of the serious drama and the procedural and the high sci-fi aspects of the TV show that made it great. Surely there were better ways of marrying the two than what we got

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The young actor playing Rene, David Tristan Birken (sp?), was very good in "Family". Very natural performance. "I know you! You're my nephew. Jean-Luc."

11. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

In the same way that AGT is a lock, I predict S3 will be an episode plus BOBW pt. 1 (gotta have the cliffhanger on the big screen), and then S4 will be BOBW pt.2 and another...perhaps Family to conclude the arc.

12. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yep. I think the Season 3 screening will feature Yesterday's Enterprise and Best Of Both Worlds Part 1.

13. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Any hopes for an extended cut of AGT? Where there any scenes filmed that not made the cut?

14. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From memory alpha:

15. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You'd think they'd release all these cut scenes in a DVD/Blueray set at some point.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

If the past two screenings are any indication they've shown an "action-y" episode (to show off the new effects) and slightly more dramatic episode that's less effects-heavy. For S3 I'd expect to see "Yesterday's Enterprise" for the "effect"/action episode and either "Sarek" or more likely "Offspring" for the less-effects oriented episode. At the very least they won't show BOBW likely because it IS a two-parter. (Though it could be argued they'll show it and then show BOBW2 for the S4 screening.)