Enterprise D Virtual Tour

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Candlelight, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

2. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

So many bars. Who knew?

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

In the bridge head, next to the toilet there were (of course) the three sea shells.

4. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

This is amazing. Very much along the lines of what I think Donny is trying to do as well.

Downside is there's no way the entire ship would be able to be rendered in full scale as one unit that's entirely traversable. You'd need the Enterprise computer itself to pull that off!

5. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

This is sweet. What I wouldn't give for a new Trek game using this! :techman:

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, there's a difference between a lounge and a bar. ;) And if the plans are based on the "official" blueprints of the ship, there are indeed quite a few lounges and sitting areas all over the saucer section.

7. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Yet no brig or secondary hull transporter rooms.

8. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

How accurate is this? Or is there some interpretation involved?

9. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

What was missing was the presence of people, walking the corridors, seated in the lounges and the bridge.

10. Squiggy

I'm totally getting an Oculus Rift if this happens.

11. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

Maybe the footage is from 'Remember Me' from Beverly's own little bubble where eventually she was the only member of the crew left, she just didn't happen to bumb into the camera crew filming that. :) The voice talking in the beginning to the shuttle must've been automated computer thing. :)

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

More programing time and rendering time for the programmers/animators not to mention more resource use for whatever is hosting or running the tour. Computers aren't full of infinite resources, cuts have to be made. At this point I'd be satisfied with just a complete "virtual tour" of the empty ship as it's likely to mean more detail and computing resources can be dedicated to the visuals.

Granted, there's missing bits in the blueprints (they've even said how they completely forgot to put the arboretum in where it's supposed to be.) But it's probably easy enough to see many of duplicated or vague rooms as being the brig or secondary hull transporter rooms.

We are talking about a ship with an internal area of about 348.100 feet. A little smaller than the base of the Pyramid of Khafre. So it's possible a lot's going to be missed or overlooked.

13. ihno

ihno Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like the footsteps audio but the guy must make really big steps. :D It looks very good but the colourscheme of the shuttlebay is a bit too blue for me. And it looks a little bigger than on the tv show.

14. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very cool, but to be nitpick, the briefing room was a little off, as was the "Enterprises of the past" display at 9:13. Then again, I noticed the shuttle and NX-01, so maybe that's what it SHOULD look like.

15. ihno

ihno Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And the benches next to the three Picard/Riker/Troi chairs on the bridge are missing.

16. Squiggy

We never saw the Main Shuttlebay on the show. Only that exterior model shot, but never the inside.

It's supposed to be huge. It's a huge ship.

17. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

It occured to me after I posted last night -- I don't recall any stairs on the Enterprise D.

I also don't recall any ramp halls, like the one that had the ships displayed on the walls.

18. Squiggy

None were ever on screen, which is the point.

19. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

That was really cool.

I like the conceit too that the gold starship bas relief sculptures from the Seasons 1-5 observation lounge got moved to the small corridor between the Observation Lounge and the Main Bridge.

20. Squiggy

And I liked the addition of the earlier Enterprises on the other side of the corridor.