BSG question: Admiral Cain and Gina, and S4 Gaeta webisodes

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by david g, Aug 25, 2009.

1. david g

david g Commodore Commodore

I've just read a blogger who points out that BSG revealed that Adm Cain (Michelle Forbes) and Gina, the 6 who is tortured on the Pegasus, were revealed to have been lovers. Where did this come up? I must say that I missed it.

Also, the Gaeta webisodes "Face of the Enemy" (in which we learn that Gaeta and Hoshi are in a relationship): are they on the S4 DVDs?

I always thought it was quite odd that there was no scene bw Gaeta and Hoshi before Gaeta was executed.

2. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

This will be shifted to the BSG forum, but first:

Cain kisses Gina in 'Razor'. That's pretty much all the onscreen loving you're gonna see.

The Face of the Enemy hasn't been released yet. It's not planned any time soon.

They only included Hoshi and Gaeta in the webisodes, so they didn't push it further in the series unless people hadn't seen them.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

How did you ever miss the threads about:

Admiral Cain and Gina are Lovers - Brought to you by Quizznos. MMM MMM Good.

4. david g

Thanks for the help. Just double-checking--the extended cut of "Razor" isnt what the blogger is referring to about Adm Cain and Gina's relationship, is it?

5. david g

And now I am really confused.

"... it became known to the Pegasus senior staff that Cain was in a relationship with her girlfriend..."

So wrote a poster at one website. When was it revealed that Cain was a lesbian?

What, exactly, *are* the gay revelations of BSG?

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

No, they showed them together kissing in the television airing. That was all the further it went.

The rumors began to circulate about Cain and Gina though when the Pegasus/Resurrection Ship Saga began. When Gina has Cain at gun point Cain says "Frak you" then Gina smiles and sort of teases, "You're not my type" and fires.

7. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

It was very subtle, a little kiss at that meeting, and Kendra Shaw talking to Gina about how she noticed how close she and Cain are, gina replies somthing like "everyone needs comfort" or somthing.

8. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

9. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I hope people don't mind me bumping this thread...I thought it would be better than starting a new thread about Cain. I'm watching "Razor" for my second time ever and wow, I really didn't miss her. Not exactly thrilled to see her again. I think Cain's a well-written and well-acted character, but damn, what a tactless, impulsive, self-righteous bitch.

When she talked the way she did to Shaw (not to mention when she shot her XO), I couldn't help but think of Xander in that "Restless" dream episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". To Principal Snyder (long dead in the 'real world', but alive in the dream) he remarks, "It's a shame that I never got to tell you how happy I am that you were eaten by a giant snake". I felt like saying the same to Admiral Cain (except replace "eaten by a giant snake" with "shot in the head by your Cylon-in-disguise lover"). :rommie:

It's cool, however, to get some insight into why she was so vicious towards Gina in the regular episodes. Must have been humiliating for her to discover her girlfriend was a Cylon. I love that wicked ironic little moment when Gina says, "in the end, we're all just human". :ouch:

10. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Another thing I wondered is...when Cain is giving her supposedly 'rousing' speech at the beginning about how everyone has to press on in the war, are we supposed to think she's a shitty speaker compared to Bill Adama? It sure looked that way.

First of all, she just wasn't nearly as eloquent and inspiring with her tone and choice of words as he was, and second of all, it seemed like the crew was deliberately written (and acted) to come across as rather uninspired by her speech.

They do eventually get that whole "so say we all" chant going, but it feels really forced and lacking in passion. It's like a slow clap that takes waaaaaaayyy too long to pick up. Kinda funny...in a pathetic way. Cain sucks. :p