Jensen Ackles

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by AntonyF, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Amen, my kindred spirit.

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Milo????? Noooooo...... no no no. I have never, ever understood for one moment the appeal of Milo Ventimiglia. I just don't get it.

3. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love Ackles, however I just got back from seeing My Bloody Valentine (had an hour to kill at the mall)... oh... my... God.

It was so aggressively stupid.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Jensen and Jared had a bet as to which of their recent/upcoming slasher flicks (My Bloody Valentine and Friday the 13th) would suck more. :lol:

5. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Ah, it was just a "leave your brain at the door" slasher flick. There are plenty worse, although it pales next to the original.

They shouldn't have tried the "twist," though. It created too many plot holes.

6. Praetor

Why? He's cute, and pretty charming.

7. Dorian Thompson

Milo is cute and charming? I'm afraid we'll have to agree to politely disagree on that. I've never thought he had one bit of charisma. Adrian Pasdar, now he is one charming and handsome man with lots of personality. :devil: Milo was too busy macking on Hayden when he was 30 and she was (hopefully) barely 18.

8. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

Jared Padalecki, my home town boy, is the hotter of the two. I never gave Jensen a first look.

9. Dorian Thompson

I'm a Jensen fan, but I also think that Jared has a spectacular body. His arms and shoulders are pure prime beef. :evil:

10. AntonyF

AntonyF Official Tahmoh Taster Rear Admiral

Well that crooked mouth is such a turn on, for one...

11. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

He is definitely a guy I have no trouble understanding why women react to the way they do. He is also a damn fine actor.

12. Praetor

Padalecki looks like a caveman. A well-bred (cough) caveman, but a caveman.

13. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nothing wrong with "leave your brain at the door" slashers, I enjoyed the Scream movies, but this wasn't even exciting. It was also fairly obvious who the killer was far too early on.

I went in with low expectations and literally left the theater in a hurry, cap pulled low because I was so embarrassed :lol:

14. Dorian Thompson

You're talking about Jensen and not Milo, I hope, with that last sentence. :p

15. gblews

Jensen, of course. :cool:

16. Dorian Thompson

He really is so much more than a pretty boy model wanna be actor. I love this clip of him from Supernatural where he barely says anything much. It's a scene of him reacting to his father talking to him for the last time in life, which Dean doesn't know at the time but he's picking up that something is very, very wrong. It's the quiet scenes without much dialogue that prove whether an actor has the chops or not, and this guy has the chops. The amazing thing is that his shots and JDM's shots weren't shot at the same time. He's reacting to nothing. Even without context the scene never fails to make me cry. It's beautifully scored.

A father's last talk

17. gblews

Damn, I'm a sucker for father/son relationships.

Powerfully acted scene. Dean's "Why?" does not look remotely like "acting".

I finally watched a full episode two weeks ago. Show definitely has some depth. It was the episode about the ghost of the kid haunting the school. The scene near the end, where the ghost inhabits the little girl and then after appearing all innocent looking, attacks (the other brother, not Dean).

That scene actually creeped me out. That has not happened to me since the X-Files left the air.

Now I'm thinking of getting the DVD's.

18. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Perv. :P

19. Dorian Thompson

You really should. If father son/fraternal/filial relationships get to you--this is the show for you. This is the show for you and then some. The Petrellis on Heroes? Nothing compared to these two brothers and their issues. I promise you that. One caveat, the first six or seven episodes, while entertaining, aren't up to the par of the rest of the series. The dialogue's pretty "CW" and clunky, but the show really takes off with the episode "Home" (episode 9) in season one. It's pretty much stand alone episodic until that point. That clip was from the first episode of season two, when the series really really took off. Its characters have evolved realistically since then. It's got a great sense of humor and every once in a while it does episodes completely for laughs, which is great.

A few clips to entice you. Hopefully not too spoilerific for all the main points of the series.

From season one's "Hell House" played completely for laughs.
    Little brothers are made to be picked on--because they're there

From season one's "Devil's Trap," the same father and son you saw in the clip above....you'll be able to deduce why Dean asked "Is that really you talking?" Heartbreaking stuff. Yes, that is sweet adorable nice dead Denny from the insipid "Grey's Anatomy."

What's wrong with you, dad?

For the last time Sam, no

If this scene doesn't get you, nothing will. From season 3
    A Very Supernatural Christmas

And last but not least, from the very ultra serious episode from the ultra stoic and serious mind of Ben Edlund...season's 3's "Bad Day at Black Rock."

I lost my rabbit's foot
    I left out anything from season 4 because it's just too good to spoil at all. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  20. The Borg Queen

The Borg Queen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Boy do I feel silly. All this time I thought Tahmoh Penikett was the name of the person who played Tori. :alienblush: