Reign - The CW

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Taylirious, May 16, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

IMDB cuts her off at 2015, rather than leaving it open ended.

Her Reign Wiki lists her last episode as the finale last year... But then it also lists every one else as the finale last year. What? So they update the entire cast every week?

Nerds.

Bugger.

Oh?

Well, she wasn't there tonight.

(Pregnant to a dead traitor and banished, is probably why she's not at court this week. More room for her story next week?)

3. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

Just saw Adelaide Kane in Louder Than Words. Didn't even recognize her at first with the blondish hair. That makes two movies she's done with David Duchovny. Goats where she plays his love interest and this one where she plays his daughter.

Anyway, nice to finally have Elizabeth on the show and played by the lovely Rachel Skarsten.

At least he got put out of his misery and bled to death.

Interesting how they give them a modern touch.

Was that tiger really CGI? That's pretty good work for a TV budget.

4. Taylirious

I was making a joke Richard. ;) If it was CGI look for it on The Flash! :p I remember with the ape on The 100, it looked like early Grodd on Flash.

5. Guy Gardener

The backgrounds/space around everything were probably manipulated rather than the people or the tiger, making everybugger appear to be much, much, much closer to the Tiger than any one without a zoology degree should be allowed.

Okies... Did that feel like a backdoor pilot, rather than a seedpod for a smack of b-stories?

Of course it all looks modern.

Even if their clothes could be made that complicated and ornate, nothing and no-one was ever cleaned or washed. The past is not pretty. Brown teeth, reeking of mud and shit, oily hair, covered in 2 pounds of pancake make-up and a gallon of perfume.

6. Taylirious

7. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

EW reports Francis will finally die this season.

Edit: That doesn't sound right, but I meant in consistency with history.

8. Guy Gardener

But that is God being fair.

You get a fair piece or trim like that, so of course you're going to die super young.

I can't believe he's wasting time building a boat, when he could be kissing Mary.

What a mook.

I wonder if that was in the script, or they just found a half built boat when the cast arrived on location, and winged it?

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the episode felt off somehow. like the editing and pacing were very haphazard.

10. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't catch the premiere last night. Been tuning in to Sleepy Hollow instead.

11. Taylirious

The premiere was last FRI & it is on FRI this season. ;)

12. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Rachel Skarsten as Elizabeth. I'm not sure I like the material they're giving her; Elizabeth seems to be a bit of an idiot.

Watching Haldir seduce Susan Pevensie is really strange.

And Skitch Patterson as Sir William Cecil? I keep expecting him to put on sunglasses and quote from Spartacus. :)

13. Taylirious

History is playing out. Peachy! :p

14. Guy Gardener

Is there going to be a spinoff next year, keeping put at French Court, or is the story going to be rained to be split across the channel, or are lot of people getting their hours reduced fork a full season to a couple specials?

Reign Too?

Reign Still?

Reign Again?

Still Reigning?

OH!

A series focussing on Elizabeth (which is unlikely) would be called Red Reign.

:)

15. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Reign 2: Reign Harder.

16. Guy Gardener

Harder, harder, harder... Too hard.

:)

Seriously dude. This is what servants are for.

17. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I've been binge-watching this series (am now up to Season 3, episode 1).

This is visual junk food. Not much of it is historically accurate and the costumes are pretty, but are ridiculously anachronistic. It's like they hired a Victoria's Secret designer to do them.

I'm impressed by Megan Follows. I've only ever seen her in Matt & Jenny, and of course in Anne of Green Gables.

As for Mary... please execute her sooner rather than later. I really don't like her, and since this is already playing fast and loose with history, it won't matter. I find the lives of her ladies-in-waiting much more interesting anyway.

18. Guy Gardener

Matt and Jenny was 1979... I found it on Youtube easily. :)

Although frontier#### doesn't turn me on much.

Holy crap, how the #### old is Duncan Regehr????

He looks fully grown, plus 10 years, and this is still a decade before Zorro.

Megan was a skinny 11 year old actress playing a seven year old.

AAA-dorable. :D

I'll let you catch up Timewalker, as you discover what a pack of twits Francis' siblings are.

Seriously?

How hard is to invent a guillotine?

19. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I'm up to Season 3, episode 7. If there are any more after that, they're not on the site I was using.

Other impressions:

The music and dancing are beyond nonsensical. None of the couples in the court dancing scenes were doing the same steps, and I can't think of even one scene where the music was even remotely appropriate.

20. Guy Gardener

The third and last Anne of Green Gables was made in 2000, when Anne Shirley was an adult, and a teacher.

But lets not forget the 7(??) seasons of Road to Avonlea which was a painful sequel to Anne of Green Gables staring the still childlike, but incomparable Sarah Polley who seemed to have quit acting in 2010.

:(

I'm not sure how many tentacle monsters are in it, but the Japanese did an Anime Series of Anne of Green Gables a few years back that has me a little too squeamish to investigate.

In Reign, I think most of their money is spent hiring these Castle grounds for the exterior adventures, I doubt they'd take a couple days off shooting every time they needed to teach these child actors a new dance even though that was probably very important back and proved that you weren't an idiot or a savage.