If it's should that be another stargate series

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by EmoBorg, Apr 24, 2013.

1. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

If the powers to be were to resurrect the stargate franchise and produce another stargate series, what theme should the new show take?

Stargate SG-1 type of show. Standard Adventure/Military science fiction type of show.

Stargate Atlantis type of show. A more lighthearted approach in the stargate franchise.

Stargate Universe type of show. A darker themed approach in the stargate franchise.Stargate Infinity type of show. An animated series.

2. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

It would probably be an SG-1 style reboot.

3. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just hope they'd incorporate a mini series connection for SG-U... Obviously they wouldn't get many of the original cast, but probably a few if it's a limited commitment.

4. DrunkUncle

DrunkUncle Ensign Red Shirt

If they ever decide to reboot SG-1 with the same characters, they should really try to get Billy Burke to play Jack O'Neill.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

An SG-1 style show would be the best bet, since that's what proved to be successful.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd settle for a SG TV movie that introduced a crossover to one of my favorite shows of all time (and which definitely seems Stargate-ish in its concept): Otherworld.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8idvQeM0kA[/yt]

With almost no rewriting, that show could EASILY fit into the SG canon.

7. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

As long as it avoids teeny angsty crap and girl making the fat guy a "friend" when he "loves" her while she chooses the cliche hot young military guy... even after he carries her injured ass around the ship. :rolleyes:

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The darker approach of Stargate Universe with the competent and fun characters of SG1 or SGA. The bunch of ignorant, scheming idiot assholes they wrote for SGU was absolutely horrible.

O'Neill or Sheppard would have held the whole gang together like pros, and Carter or McKay would have repaired the ship and searched for a way back like pros, and Jackson would have analyzed the database and searched for the bridge and other vital systems like a pro.

I like the drama more when things go wrong even though people do their best. I hate it when things go wrong in fiction just because people are absolutely stupid. If people make mistakes and bad decisions, then it have to be mistakes and bad decisions that I can relate to. None of the stupid shit that happened in the show was anywhere close to being relatable.

9. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Such as? I'd say if anything, the crew holding together as well as they did was the least believable thing about it. It didn't go anywhere near as 'Lord of the Flies' as I'd have liked it to. I can't recall any character really acting stupidly either. They certainly never acted like square-jawed heroes, but then, human beings almost never do.

10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I think they might tie it into Defiance in some way.

11. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I don't see how or why they would do that.

12. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

What is "Defiance"?

13. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
  14. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Thanks. Yeah, don't see that happening.

15. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

And Teal'c/Ronon Dex/Telya Emmagan would have kicked enemy **** like a pro.

16. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

And it everyone would have played happy families and it would have been boring as hell.

17. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Atlantis was successful.

Yup. :)

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Indeed.

Not at all. A show doesn't get boring just because people are NOT unprofessional, incompetent dicks.

19. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In fact, having well adjusted protagonists who generally get along makes it easier for you to like and therefore care about them, which enhances the drama. Having a cast full of people who argue about everything all the time just results in wishing most of the characters would die.

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

SG-1 is the more popular one.