Fantastic Four reboot-- Casting, Rumors, Pix, ect;

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^^
    But who would willingly waste money buying this film?? Let alone Double Dip on it!!

2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

In all probability, me. And I'd hate myself for it.

Maybe preowned copies ?

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not watching a movie you do not own is easy.

Not watching a movie you do own takes character.

Every day I wake up with the character to have never seen Top Gun.

4. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I have several DVD's and BluRays of movies I have never watched.

5. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to admit that I purchase plenty of crappy movies at the Walmart discount bin. When a movie is less than the cost of the snacks that will be consumed watching it then it becomes pretty attractive.

6. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me. Coz I'm a sucker.

It's how I managed to buy Salo on DVD and Bluray, in spite of not liking it the first time!

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

The Wolverine wasn't a double dip. The extended version was available same day as the theatrical.

Fox would definitely be smart to offer a new cut of FF later on, even if the alt cut is shit too. Curiosity can be a powerful motivation. :)

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That's deep man.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

And yet you watched Fantastic Four...

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

He has character, but no shame.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This thread has become way more entertaining than the film seems to be.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a way larger DVD/BR collection than I probably should. That's even after trimming it back by about 40 DVDs earlier this summer. Note: I sold the two Tim Story FF's in that trimming expedition as well.

I'm trying to only have movies I really, really love and would re-watch regularly.
    Movies I "wait for DVD", like this FF film, are just going to be a view on Netflix.
    Even cheapo $5 Walmart DVD's take up space and are ultimately overpriced for one viewing vs Netflix...for my dollar and storage space anyway.

I am a bit surprised that many of you would buy this film, let alone double dip(triple if you're that rare person who paid to see it in the theater).

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Which cast member said "I don't think so" when Trank said FF4 was better than 99% of the comic book movies made?

http://defamer.gawker.com/which-fantastic-four-cast-member-told-its-director-that-1723680624

14. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think JA is as bad an actor these days as she used to be. Now, unfortunately for her, her reputation is: "can't act". She hosted the TV Movie awards some yeas ago and did a series of comedy shorts that showed she has a fair amount of comedic acting ability. She was quite funny. She also was pretty funny as Ben Stiller's the psycho wannabe girlfriend in one of those Focker movies.

Given the right script and director, I could see her doing a great job in a comedy. She starred in a small indie movie a few years ago which I didn't see, but she got pretty good reviews.

15. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I think this may give you a clue...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=123997

16. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

I haven't seen the film yet (although, I am curious as to whether it's as bad as people are saying), but now I'm wondering how much that Fatman on Batman interview was PR bull - nothing I've heard from it even remotely hints at the now reported dysfunction.

17. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

That was my first thought.

18. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the most frustrating aspect of the film for me was that there are moments, especially during the first act, when you can see that the film might have really worked. I was really looking for an original take on the heroes that I thought Trank might have been able to pull off. Yet it really seems rushed and incomplete the whole way through.

I remember back in college I put off writing an essay on Margaret Atwood until the last minute, pulled an all nighter and turned it in. The comments on my C- paper went something like "You have the basis for an excellent and original paper here. Unfortunately, it seems like you just pasted notes together rather than truly following through with your ideas."

19. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funnily enough, I made nearly the exact same analogy when trying to describe it to a friend. Except I compared it to an exam essay - one where you suddenly realise you've spent way too long on certain part and now only have 5 min to cram in the rest of your points and a conclusion.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I was listening to part 3 of the Josh Trank Fatman on Batman podcast. It was pretty hilarious. He heaped praise on everyone involved with the production, particularly Simon Kinberg and the executives, and went on about how the movie is amazing and he's so proud of it. :lol:

I'll be very curious to see what part 4 says, being released two weeks after the film bombed and he torched his career!