The Revolution pilot is online now...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Sep 4, 2012.

1. therealsb63

therealsb63 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'll have to go back to the Revolution FB page for all of them, but also in this week's episode Aaron calls the kids "The Children Of The Corn"...

There's been about six now all together, I think.

Speaking of Randall, I had a feeling Ben and Rachel's old boss was going to turn out to be Randall...

2. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Okey, wild guessing on the way: Randall and whoever he works with did turn off the lights, believing that they could turn it on at will with one or a few pendants. But they were all of them decieved, for other pendants were made.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They'll find the One Pendant that controls all the rest and have to go on a quest to destroy it by throwing it into the Large Hadron Collider.

4. therealsb63

Or he was part of an extremist group that thought they could bring down the United States with the device, not realizing it was more powerful than they thought.

Perhaps the machine is protected like Colossus was in "Colossus: The Forbin Project."

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^That's my theory at the moment. That it was some kind of a conspiracy to take over either the country or the world, but it backfired and things got out of control quicker than the conspirators expected.

6. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

There is really no point in turning off the lights if you can't control it yourself. Unless you're Amish and want to level th playing field. Somehow it must have gotten out of control. The pendants could be insurance to make sure the power is not off forever, but I' having trouble seeing what they are waiting for.

7. therealsb63

My guess? The people who have them want nothing to do with Randall. Not to mention you now have goons like Monroe and his boys trying to get ahold of them for their own agenda.

8. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So it is better for the entire world to live in the dark and where physics so not work then to let Sgt Monroe USMC (deserter) be the first to have electricity?

9. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ugh after last weeks episode that had nothing to do with the story to far I turned on this weeks. I lasted about 30 seconds into charlie getting branded and turned it off. I think I've given up

10. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The story is the flashbacks, not The Hunger Games lite.

11. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

no really, it's both

12. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

No there have been more like a few episodes back when Miles introduces himself as Stu Redman and Charlie as Franie, also from the Stand.

13. therealsb63

Yeah, Sebastian really lived up to his Marine oath, didn't he? Chesty Puller would chew him up, spit him out, and do all kinds of ugly, mean and nasty things to him...then he'd REALLY get mad!

A lot of people who have posted on the Revolution FB page really don't accept that Sebastian and Miles were Marines. I at first thought they were Army. They just don't carry themselves like US Marines at all.

I don't think Monroe is part of the bigger equation any more than whoever is running any of the other "republics" in what's left of North America. They're trying to keep the pendants away from the two-bit dictators, yes, but more importantly, I think they want them kept away from Randall and whoever he really works for.

14. therealsb63

It's more "The Postman" to me than it is "The Hunger Games."

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another conspiracy. Wonderful. :rolleyes:

16. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Schizophrenic show. Lavish production, great direction, supremely attractive cast, potentially riveting storyline, cheesy throwaway lines, yet brain-dead setups that require a full frontal lobotomy for any suspension of belief.

I'll give it a few more eps.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've thought it was pretty clear from the moment they introduced the pendants and Randall that there was some kind of a conspiracy involved in all of this.

18. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

So the DOD guy is Randal and he has a fully powered particle accelerator complex?

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Hmmm, my earlier joke about a quest to throw "the one pendant" into the hadron collidor may have hit closer than I thought.

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I knew that whoever the DOD guy was, he'd end up playing an important part in the series. You don't just waste Colm Feore in a one-shot role!