The Nintendo 3DS... like it, love it, hate it?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Itachi, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Itachi

Itachi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So as you guys can see I LOVE Legend of Zelda. So obvious the game i've been waiting for and wanting is the remake of Ocarina of Time. I still can't afford it but none the less I still want some opinions on what people think of the 3DS.

I've seen the new Street Fighter game for it and played a demo... can't say its not as great as everyone hyped it up to be. Of course you can never go wrong with the classics so i still gave it a thumbs up. But what about other games?

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It has no other games. It'll be worth a purchase in a few years when it has a chance to build up a library, but there's really nothing worth playing on the system. There's some potentially great games coming out and it will be worth a purchase eventually, but until then I'm happy with my DS and its hundreds of great, unplayed games.

3. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

It's not a remake of LOZ:OOT. It's pretty much a port with 3D Elements added. Seems Nintendo wants to keep milking that cow.......or beat that dead horse. Guess it all depends on how you view it.

4. Kelthaz

To be fair, OOT is considered the greatest game ever made and this is the first remake/port in 13 years. The Gamecube disc doesn't count. Nintendo has earned the right to milk this cow.

5. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I have no issue with re-releasing other games. I mean, am I really going to dig out my N64 to play Ocarina of Time....assuming either my cart or the console itself still works?

The real issue with the 3DS isn't the fact that Ocarina of Time is the best game on the system; its that its the ONLY game on the system worth playing.

I would say wait for the 3DS. It looks like a re-design with two joysticks might be on the way at some point.

6. Kelthaz

Heh, I still have my Atari 2600 hooked up. Played some Berzerk last week. Good times.

Anyway, I agree with you. The 3DS has to come out with some games that define the system rather than relying on ports (Star Fox, Ocarina of Time, etc). I'm optimistic about Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus, Super Mario Land 3D, and Paper Mario 3DS.

7. Itachi

I remember that disc. And I also agree, they do kind of deserve to do that. :bolian:

8. Itachi

Well there's ALWAYS something more new and advanced already on the way with any system. But I think i'll go with your advice as well as some other's to go ahead and just wait until the 3DS gets all the kinks out and has more variety on it's library. :bolian:

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I bought one back in March and love it, I've completed Asphalt 3D 100%, played most of Zelda and Starfox, got 11 NES games on its virtual console and waiting for Sonic Generations' big launch next month for it.