2011 NFL Season - A New Game

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Redskins vs. Colts: Five post-game observations

This always seems the case with the 'Skins. They have 2 wins though in the pre-season so far...can't complain too much. :lol:

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I was hoping he'd wait until after the Eagles gave DeSean Jackson an extension. This will certainly up the price for all future wide receivers.

3. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, Denver's run game and rush defense didn't look as good as last week. But, we were killing on the screens, our pass game in general was pretty good, and Von Doom was getting some good pressure on the QB. You can definitely tell Denver had the league worst defense last year..... we have zero depth. I have no doubt that our rush defense issues had something to do with the fact that we're missing both of our top DT's. And then once the first team got off the field, the second team did ok, and the third team defense got destroyed. I thought Tebow kinda got hosed tonight. Almost his entire time out consisted of him handing the ball off and the third team D couldn't get off the field. And then, with 2 minutes to go, rather than letting him have a second drive to try to show what he can do, they pull him for Weber.

I suppose now would be the time to note that I'm not a Tebow-maniac.... I have no issues with Quinn replacing him on the Depth chart. But I at least want to see the kid play.

4. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

<--Wonders if Timby has been carted off to the hospital due to alcohol poisoning yet...

5. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Lane fucking Kiffin... :scream:

Good point but... another example, plez? :)

And maybe it's just me, but Buck also sounds incredibly, incredibly pompous and self-satisfied. Like, I want to punch the guy in the face half the time. Aikman might be addled from too many concussions, but he doesn't sound half as smarmy as Buck.

Also, the Madden hatred in his latter days of announcing made me laugh, so I'm not sure I can be called a Madden hater since part of me wanted him to keep it up just to annoy some people. :devil:

Mwa ha ha... am I a bad person hoping Saint Timmy gets cut or traded? Although I wouldn't mind seeing him as a Fullback - that position needs more starpower. :evil:

Anyway... Chris Johnson I'm sure will eventually be back, but in the meantime the Titans seem to have found a pretty darned capable 3rd-string back in Jamie Harper who played with the first stringers against the Rams and got 83 yards on 11 carries. Not bad for somebody that's probably only gonna be a situational back.

6. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

If you're wondering what team to root for this season, here's a little help.

[​IMG]

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kerry Collins has come out of retirement and signed with the Colts. There are worries that Manning won't be ready to open the season.

8. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I'm looking for another strong season from the Jets, and hopefully they will go all the way this year.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yep...all the way to second place in the division. ;)

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Bears are so embarrassing to watch. They should keep Urlacher, Forte, and Hester and just dump everyone else.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  12. Thestral

The Titans aren't looking a whole lot better, truth be told. If Nate Washington didn't have a case of the dropsies...

But that's okay I'm having fun with the Lions taking it to the Patriots. :devil:

13. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Matt Stafford came to play today. Showing Tom Brady up...

14. Thestral

In fairness it was Ndamukong Suh and the Lions D-Line in general mauling the Pats O-Line that was the real problem.

15. archeryguy1701

I didn't get to see the Broncos game, but after reading the post-game synopsis all I have to say is that I'm really, really hating the lack of offseason activity. I don't know how other teams are holding up, but Denver's getting killed on injuries! In practice and game, it seems like we're constantly losing guys. Hell, DT was one of our bigger weaknesses last year and we've already managed to knock off our 3 biggest DT signings. I don't know much about Denver's new identity, but I do know that we are not the Packers- we can't put 15 people on IR and then plan on winning anything this season.

On a brighter note, I did like hearing that Denver's first team D put 5 sacks up on Seattle, including 3.5 combined for Von Doom.

16. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing about that game was good for the Pats. And then White Wes Welker got hurt. My wife thinks I have a mancrush on him. She's probably right.

17. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Jets looked pretty good tonight.

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So I just watched the Packers pull their starters after one series, while KC kept most of their starters in the WHOLE GAME. AND KC STILL LOST. Not pretty any way you slice it. I imagine Haley is going to get killed in the media considering the injuries they took.

19. archeryguy1701

Denver gave me falshbacks to last season.... it wasn't fun. Quinn looked terrible. In fact, "terrible" doesn't even do justice to exactly how bad he was. The two running backs that looked so good the last few weeks also looked pretty lousy (Ball and Johnson), though Minor really looked good. For most of his drives, Tebow was Tebow- somewhat inconsistent and running at the first sign of trouble. However, Tebow looked really good on his last drive. He hung in the pocket, didn't panic, and made several real good throws. I still have hope for him.

I hope we can somehow sneak Weber through waivers onto our practice team. I really, really, really, really liked what he showed in the couple plays he got. WR Riley really did his best to earn a roster spot tonight too. I hope he gets it.

Cox was not good. He got burned several times and made a couple lousy calls as a punt returner. I was pleased with him last season, but with the way this preseason went and the fact that he's looking like he may end up in the slammer for a good long time makes me inclined to think that we shouldn't use a roster spot on him.

We're running out of players to hurt. We're going from having no depth at any position to not having any surviving backups at any position.

20. archeryguy1701

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.