Stargate SG-1 - First time viewing of whole series

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Captain Craig, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

8x9-Sacrifices: Get your tux on cause Rya'C is getting married to a gal from Ishta's clan of Jaffa. Good to see Jolene Blalock back again(especially seeing as how Enterprise is still on). The thrust of the episode seems to be about gender equality among Ishta's group of Jaffa rebels. Discarding the old ways. Rya'Cs new bride balks at kneeling to him during the ceremony. Bra'tec with the funny line about "seeing the need to rehearse these things". Ishta and her Jaffa have mostly been fighting against the Gou'ald Molock and intel leads them to believe their base may have been discovered. The SGC locates a new world to relocate them and a hastily done summitt is convened for Ishta and other rebel Jaffa. We discover that a plant must be in the midst as Molock shows up and slaughters the participants. Ishta Teal'C and another manage to escape. Molock ends up capturing Ista and torturing her. The SGC is able to send in an armed drone to even the odds and all ends mostly well...except for lots of dead Jaffa.
    Rya'C and his bride mend their ways and get married. Teal'C asks him if he's ready for a certain "honeymoon" procedure and that to make sure the knife his sharp. Rya'C wryly smiles and says maybe some of the old customs can be done away with. I'm thinking this was a circumcision joke?

8x10-Endgame: Those bastards who tried to kill Industrialist Coulson from a few episodes ago are back, The Trust. They have plants all over top secret bases. One of their plants manages to place a homing beacon on the Stargate and it's beamed right out of the SGC. This is the first episode that reveals how Osiris got to Earth and that she has a cloacked ship in orbit. Which the Trust has managed to get ahold of via their spys within Area 51. Come to find out they are going to use the Tok'ra poison(last seen in like S6) to wipe out Gou'ald dominated worlds. Any Jaffa are seen as casualties of war. Sam argues they've been bred that way, they are just following orders when one of the Trust members throws out the historical "geez, where have I heard that before" line. They manage to attack a number of worlds, one was a rebel Jaffa site. Now I'm unsure and they never say but the look on Tea'C's face has me wondering, was that where Ishta went? Did the writers kill Ishta off camera just now? The SGC is able to locate Osiris ship and reclaim the Stargate. However, one Trust member is able to escape with the ship anyway and it's payload of Tok'ra poison. No doubt a follow up to this is coming. While The Trust's actions can be seen as extreme, I'm not so sure it's not an acceptable war time move. The only thing I'd alter is to alert rebel Jaffa ahead of time that the poison is coming and to be gone, Tok'ra as well. They will lose as many lives trying to convert loyal Jaffa as they might gain. The Gou'ald are at war with the Tarrae, it's a zero sum game for them. May as well play by their rules.

8x11-Gemini: The Replicator Sam Carter contacts the SGC, saying she's fleeing Fifth and wants to be destroyed. O'Neill has an awkward moment comment about "be nice if there were two Sam Carters". Replicators are clearly The Borg of this show as I suspected they might be not long after they appeared. Replicator Sam doesn't really want to die, she wants to kill Fifth and take his place as the leader of the Replicators. Which happens. So basically Sam Carter(replicate) wants to rule the universe...nice. Out of these 4 episodes on this disc this was my least favorite actually. What does Gate fandom think of this one?

8x12-Prometheus Unbound: Claudia Black turns up, I knew the Farscape alum were coming in the later season, seen the DVD covers. Aeryn is first and it was a fun episode! Also showing back up is General Hammond. I admit the way he was talking about wanting to "be in on the action" and having regret about sending men out who never returned gave a specter of death over this episode. Black plays a human who shows up and to her surprise is able to commandeer the Prometheus away from it's crew, all except Daniel Jackson. She also has come into some of the advanced energy absorbing armor of Anubis' clone warriors which aids her in that end. Hammond and Co. are all transported to a disabled Gou'ald ship. There is some humor with a technician who has continual hiccups, but is seemingly cured by shows end. It also seems like the spinoff show Atlantis must be airing now as it's mentioned Hammond is taking Daniel with him on the Prometheus to get to their last known location to begin a rescue attempt. When they get Vala's distress signal and it's only a few minutes off course that's why this story unfolds in the first place. So whenever I get around to Atlantis I should rewatch this episode...or not?
    Vala feeds Daniel a line about being a freedom fighter cause she used to be host to a Gou'ald....but got better. She's trying to free her people and this ship will enable them to transport all of them to safety. Nobel cause, Daniel says why didn't you just ask. Vala has put the ship locked into a rendezvous coordinates and when Daniel is able to take the ship back and put her in the brig he finds out their stop is to pick up some refined weapons grade naquadia. The reveal of his name to the weapons dealer is priceless....I'm....Solo....Han, Solo.
    Back on the disabled Gou'ald ship Hammond pulls a James Kirk and does all the heavy lifting himself....and almost dies. They led us that way for a few minutes those punk writers.
    Hammond gets the crystals needed to re-power the ship and he catches up to the Prometheus and Daniel and bails him out. Vala is now their prisoner....and as she states, what are you going to do do with me? Can't wait to find out. Will she be the new Jonas Quinn type character. SG-1 has tip toed around a 3 member team for awhile now and I know she's a regular next season. Seen the DVD covers at the store and all.
    Really, really enjoyed this episode. A repeat viewer of an ep for sure.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, Ishta was not killed in Endgame.

I agree with you about Gemini. Always found that one boring.

It isn't necessary to rewatch Prometheus Unbound when you get to Atlantis. It has no actual impact on Atlantis storylines at all.

3. Captain Craig

8x13-It's Good to be King: What's more humorus, Harry as a 'King' or Wayne Brady as a First Prime....to Ares. Is this the first Greek God we've had a name for? First one I've noticed. So the planet that the Tok'ra found sanctuary for Harry is about to come under attack, or at worst be re-conqured by fleeing system Lords as Ba'al is handily defeating his Gou'ald rivals. Jack reluctantly authorizes a rescue party for Harry where they find he's been made King!! Harry reveals he found an abandoned temple area of the Ancients with inscriptions that foretold future events. Harry figured out how to read it and the simpler minded people made Harry the Prophet into their King. He also taught them irrigation, medicines and other things to better their living situation.
    The crux of the episode though is how the Ancients were predicting the future on this planet. Seems they had a time travel ship that just so happens to be nearby...but it needs an Ancient to fly it. Jack due to his mental downloads is chosen, although I don't get why Daniel wasn't a candidate to fly the time ship, he did ascend after all. So while SG-1 takes out Ares, it seems(we didn't see a body or anything), in self defense---which only helps Ba'al right? I mean Ares was fleeing Ba'al, SG-1 came to relocate Harry and while the Tarre may not have an alliance with the System Lords(despite trying) this can't be seen as favorable to future talks. Assuming there are future talks. So what will we learn from the time ship? Is this the only time ship? How wide spread was Ancient Time travel. They get bored just watching and doing nothing in the present?

8x14-Full Alert: So Kinsey is back. The disgraced former Vice-President shows up at Jack's house claiming to have knowledge he needs, or could use. I think while maybe not needed, it would've been nice to hear about some fallout of a new administrations Vice-President resigning. The Trust shows back up and it appears they've been infected with Gou'alds. They in turn take Kinsey back and infect him with a Gou'ald. Was a bit unclear on all this. Even after The Trust infected Gou'ald place a 'snake' in Kinsey they are still not friends. Wouldn't the Gou'ald in Kinsey be aligned with the others? Even if Kinsey himself wasn't. That bit lost me. The goal of the Trust is to turn Russia against the US as it relates to the SGC program. The Trust was set to prove the US government had been infiltrated and ultimately start a nuclear war. Showing Kinsey, a disgraced VP as infected serves that end. Things did get tense. I always enjoy seeing Gary Chalk though. Second best Optimus Prime cartoon voice after Peter Cullen. The Prometheus is sent to stop the Alkesh aka Osiris old ship and a struggle ensues aboard it. Kinsey kills a number, if not all of the Gou'ald infected Trust members on board. Again, why didn't the Gou'ald in Kinsey assert control and stop that? Feels like a plot hole. Kinsey was able to get ahold of the wrist transort device we saw. So when the Prometheus destroys the Alkesh it appears Kinsey and Co. died. I doubt we've seen the last of Kinsey the Snake.

8x15-Citizen Joe: Having gotten quite a few clip shows that progressed the show forward this one was a let down. I kinda kept waiting for 'Stylin Joe' to be important in some way and instead we got a mediocre comedy episode that at best reveals Jack enjoyed the mundane experiences that were cross shared with Joe.

4. The Wormhole

O'Neill's ability to fly the timeship actually has more to do with his Ancient gene. Ancient technology is DNA encoded so only an Ancient can use it, but some humans possess a gene which make Ancient tech recognize them as an Ancient. O'Neill does, Daniel doesn't. This is explained better in Atlantis.

It's common for Goa'uld to willingly sacrifice another to advance their own goals. When Kinsey Snakehead realized his place on the totem pole, he was naturally pissed.

5. Captain Craig

8x16 & 8x17 - Reckoning pts1&2:
    Anubis and Ba'al have their hands full now that Replicator Carter is leading the Replicators against them. Ba'al has agreed to serve Anubis and act as his avatar but we know Ba'al, he's looking out for #1. In doing so he attempts to enlist the aid of the SGC into helping destroy the Replicators. Gen. O'Neill is all puzzled and says why would we do that, no. Since Anubis fleet is so distracted by the Replicators one of his strongholds on a planet called Dakara, where the Jaffa enslavement is said to have begun is left with a paltry amount to defend it. Word gets around that Dakar actually has a temple built by the Ancients that might just have the key to destroying the Replicators. Under Anubis' rotting nose the whole time but didn't know it. The Jaffa manage to take Dakara and SG-1 along with Selmack/Jacob Carter begin trying to obtain the the Ancients weapon. Meanwhile Anubis is not happy and sends a contingent to retake Dakara. Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock. They manage to get the weapon and find out it's original purpose was to destroy all life by separating the building blocks(peptides, aminos?). They just have to retool it for the Replicators...and who helps out Ba'al...cause you know he's a god, all knowing. Which he enjoys saying to spite them, Jacob Carter is all "lucky guess". Somewhere in here I should've mentioned that Daniel is captured by Replicator Carter and being interrogated on her ship that is battling Anubis' fleet. They get the device to work, Replicators fall, as does the ship which means Replicator Carter dead...Daniel dead? Again. Anubis and Ba'al who knows, they'll turn back up but the Jaffa Nation is founded this glorious day and Dakar will be there home.

8x18-Threads: This episode really has a lot going on. Some develpoment of the building Jaffa Nation with Teal'C and Master Bra'tec given early high positions of honor. Bra'tec reminding Teal'C that this is why he joined the Tarrae in the first place and he can now leave them. That is an unsettling thought which he doesn't answer yet. Selmac is dying and along with her Jacob Carter. Selmac had been critical for some time and kept it quite while plans for Sam's wedding were underway.
    We learn that the CIA has a liason with the SGC, named Kerry Johnson whose coordinating to track down any possible remaining Gou'ald on Earth. She and Jack have struck up quite the hush/hush relationship.
    Daniel meanwhile is basically in a version of the Elysian Fields of the Ancients. He's not dead but not alive either, he's stuck in this "pit stop" cafe where Oma who helped him last time is there. Along with a jolly man who is the only one that will talk to Daniel. The other Ancients in the diner ignore him. He feeds Daniel news of what Anubis is now planning. We learn Oma is a bit of an outcast herself, why, she allowed herself to be tricked into helping a young Anubis ascend. For some reason when he was cast down his form was of the half/half which is why he always needs new hosts. We also learn the jolly man is Anubis Ancient avatar self. Oma decides to rectify her mistake and she and him flash out in a display of light. Is Anubis dead now? Daniel is returned to life at episodes end, stark naked to Jack's office.
    Also, Sam calls it off with Pete. In an odd display during the show where it looks like Sam wants to speak her heart to Jack she finds Kerry there. Who reads the signs and later calls it off with Jack.
    Episode ends and the whole SG-1 goes fishing in Jack's pond, that has no fish. And which Jack has been trying to get Sam to do for some time and she replies, almost in answer to a question no one asked, "We should've done this a long time ago."

8x19 & 8x20 - Moebius pts1&2:
    A time travel episode to end S8, interesting choice. The SGC still has the Ancients time warp ship from the King Harry episode. So, Katherine has died, another tie back to the movie. Daniel goes to speak at her funeral and her niece gives her the eye of Ra, saying she'd wanted you to have it. She thought of him as a son she never had. He also has been willed many of ther things and Daniel tells her where to send them. It felt they were maybe going for an attraction vibe with the niece also. Maybe she come back into play in the last two seasons.
    It's also detailed via Sam that the AirForce is working on a new class of interstellar ship, to be called the Daedalus. Among the new pieces from Katherine Daniel discovers a book which chronicles that Ra had in his possession a ZPM, but didn't know what it was. This is why they time travel, to get something valuable that Ra will never know to miss. They actually get the device rather easy with the time ship. But the cloaked time ship is discovered by Jaffa soldiers, how, blown sand is revealing it's profile.
    SG-1, using their camcorder, record messages for themselves, bury it so it's unearthed later. Apparently the timeline has shifted now. The rebellion that was to occur still happens this time lead by SG-1. However, instead of Ra leaving and the Gate being buried, Ra takes it with him. This act means it's never discovered in 1929, things change. The fun of the episode is seeing the retired Jack chartering fishing boat expeditions on his boat 'The Homer'. Sam is a nerdy self-esteem lacking research doctor. Daniel is teaching ELL classes to immigrants. This altered time line bunch goes back in time after some work by altered Daniel and Sam on a tablet "original Daniel" made to clue them into events like the second gate in Antarctica.
    Shorten this up.....there are fish in Jack's pond. So we are essentially in, at the least, a minimally altered timeline. So we could discover things in these last two seasons that are a hair different...or more, right?

Well, 8 seasons down, I see this one is now 20 episodes. I'm guessing the last two will be as well? Following the more standard sci-fi channel episode quota. Can't believe how close to the end of this journey I am.

6. The Wormhole

Yeah, it seems SG-1 mucking around with the timeline has changed O'Neill's pond from lacking fish to now having fish. This was intended to be a reference to the Simpsons Halloween episode where Homer is constantly changing the timeline with a time-travelling toaster and in the end settles for a timeline close to the original (or "Prime" to use Star Trek terminology) except everyone has snake tongues, which Homer just shrugs off as "close enough."

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Or they might always have been fish in Jack's pond just he hadn't managed to see any before.

8. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Jack stocked the pond for the lulz

9. The Wormhole

I'm just repeating what they said on the audio commentary on the DVD.

10. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

There was a Wolverine comic from the early '90s which featured Logan and Lady Deathstrike dueling through different time periods, while Donald Pierce monitored the present to make sure they didn't mess up the timestream too badly. (Why he was immune to the changes wasn't explained.) At the end, Pierce assesses the damage to the timestream and says, "Aw, they won't miss that fifth Ninja Turtle anyway."

11. Captain Craig

^^^^
    Funny enough that FIFTH Ninja Turtle materialized in the early '00 live action TMNT show that only went like 13-15 episodes, Venus DeMilo I think was the female 5th turtle. Not to be seen again though for the last decade at least. So that Wolverine comic is more humorous now than what it was intended to be.

Started SEASON 9 last night.

9x1-Avalon pt.1: Ben Browder and Claudia Black both guest starring to start S9!! The only thing to make this better would've been Tricia Helfer as an Ori and Michael Dorn as the Jaffa ambassador played by Louis Gosset Jr., that would've been a sci-fi win/win fanfic playing out right there!!
    The episode introduces Browder who has been an up and coming pilot and inter splices it with his role in the Anubis attack on Antarctica. Browder is Lt.Col.Mitchell and he's been selected to lead SG-1, we find our team has been split up. We then discover that Jack has also stepped down and we have our 3rd new leader of SGC in 2yrs with Hank Landry(Beau Bridges). Mitchell sets out to re-recruit Jackson, Carter & Teal'C cause when he put in for transfer it was specifically to work WITH the existing team. Leading a team without them not his plan.
    SG-12 is on a mission and they return with Claudia Blacks Vala who once took over Prometheus and is a rather unscrupulous individual seeking a treasure of the Ancients. She also says she's pregnant and Daniel maybe the father...although I think both statements were for shock value. The Ancient tablet hints that Merlin, of Arthur's Round Table, was likely an advanced human but not yet fully Ascended. I'm no expert on British landmarks but the Glastonbury tomb site is where the tablet points. Sure enough mega encrypted Ancient tech has been giving back false readings at the site and indeed something is inside the mound. We then have a pseudo-Indiana Jones moment in two chambers where the ceiling is caving in on SG-1. Not technically, cause Mitchell hasn't officially named his team. Jackson and Teal'C are just along to do a one off assist in this moment. Cue the "....continued" tag as the ceiling lowers down.

9x2-Avalon pt.2: The two person teams solve their riddle, stop the ceiling and go back to the main room to see if they can now pull the sword out of the stone(didn't mention that last time, oops). Mitchell pulls the sword and a holo-knight appears to do battle with him. Mitchell is the only one who can hold the sword, it's keyed to him. He must beat the knight to earn the "treasure of Avalon". He beats the knight, no treasure. Daniel surmises the presence of others, meaning them, might be the problem so He, Teal'C and Vala ring back up to Prometheus. At which point the place begins to cave in. Daniel gets Vala to admit she took a coin, Pure of Heart she is not. Mitchell rings down with it, places it back in the pot, presto treasure appears. Within the treasure is a device and two stones. Daniel and Vala each take one and it links them across galaxies to inhabit two other humanoid beings. The humans here are living much like 14th/15th century Europeans and worshiping a race known as the ORI. Whose favorite phrase is "Hallowed by the ORI". They are, as we find out, offshoots of The Ancients. Kinda like cousins with different philosophies about their ascended/enlightened status. The Ancients, who it seems were once known as Arkons(sp), have a handsoff approach. The ORI are a bit Gou'ald in they demand to be worshipped. And will use their power to harm you for being evil if you don't. Vala even gets burned as a heretic but an ORI avatar/ambasador appears, heals her/restores her to life and then Daniel and Vala disappear with him.

9x3-Origin: or Avalon pt.3 as I thought of it, it really flows right out of the two parter. So this Avatar is called a Prior and takes Daniel and Vala to see an ORI. These ORI are real found of fire. Daniel makes the ironic parallel that on Earth, religion cultures associated fire with hell. Here it's associated with righteousness. The ORI apparently were unaware that the Milky Way was there for conversion. Now thanks to the body swap they inform Daniel they will begin sending Priors there for conversion. One has already gone. Daniel and Vala are returned to the village where an ally takes them to an artifact that might help. It's a sister communication device. The local priest finds them and this time Daniel and Vala are tied back up to be burned in the great circle. The body swap happens and Daniel and Vala are back in their bodies. O'Neill pops in at the end to speak with Daniel but we don't really find out what he's up to. Carter is the only one out of these three episodes to not physically appear. She was just on a Skype-type call with Mitchell in Avalon pt.1
    Also, at episodes end Mitchell still doesn't have his team in place for a new SG-1.

So while I don't think we've seen the last of Annubis, Gou'ald, Replicators etc it seems for the next two seasons the ORI are going to be the big Heavies and force the hand of the Ancients perhaps? The opening intro has been totally reworked as you'd expect. I notice it still has Amanda Tapping in the credits AND that the Teal'C, Carter,Jackson,Mitchell shots of them going through the Gate are in the credits. So when he tells Walter it doesn't look like he's getting the band back together I guess he was premature. I had thought Vala was a regular, next season then or she just pops up as a semi-regular? Guess I'll find out soon enough.

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

^Remember that orginaly in the US the first ten episodes had the short 10 second opening credits rather than the usual 60 second opening credits. This was reversed in the US due to fan reaction, though the longer opening sequence actually aired first in the UK.

13. The Wormhole

Carter will return. Amanda Tapping needed some time off at the beginning of the season since she had just had a baby, and so since the whole SG-1 couldn't be on hand, they decided to feature everyone having moved on in life but being pulled back in by events.

14. Captain Craig

9x4-The Ties That Bind: "Get my necklace back and I'll show you how to break the bond".....I do not think that phrase means what you think it means. Cause once Mitchell, Valla and the de-facto SG-1 team of Teal'C and Daniel track down a host of items that Valla had traded and flipped, he tells them he doesn't know how. So I jumped right in, this episode deals with the fallout of the bracelets that bonded Daniel & Valla together while they were magically transplanted to another Galaxy where the Ori are. A fun episode that, at it's core, is really giving us more character insight into Valla(whose still just a guest star 4-episodes into the seasons). But don't worry, I'm sure the effect of the psyiologcial connection from the bands will wear off in time. By that point Valla will be....reformed?

9x5-The Powers That Be: So a world that trusts Valla is on the lists of planets to visit. Valla insists she goes to help smooth things over cause she is on good terms with them. Mitchell sees this as a red flag, anyone who trusts her does so at their peril. Come to find out, Valla who once was infected with a Gou'ald named Ketesh, ruled these people as a god. After the Tok'ra removed Ketesh, Valla still kept up the charade. She's been gone a long while and a Prior of the Ori has shown up to demand their worship. Valla is exposed as a fake and sentenced to death, then life in prison. The Prior infects the whole immediate population with a fatal disease then leaves. SG-1, with Valla's help using the Gou'ald healing device tries to tend to the villagers. The Prior returns, heals everyone, even resurrects those who died. The Prior leaves SG-1 unharmed, even after Valla attempts to fill him with lead, and instructs them to spread the word of his deeds and that the Ori are coming.

I liked both of these episodes alot. These Ori are going to be some nasty sonsa...., wondering what weak spots we'll expose to defeat them. Daniel did give a big speech about science, technology and knowledge. I'm guessing some Ancient device will come into play? The Ancients themselves? Might they after the events with Daniel and Oma cause them to reevaluate their non-interference directive and get involved somehow?

15. The Wormhole

The Ties that bind also introduces the Lucian Alliance, who go on to become important players in the Stargate franchise.

16. Captain Craig

^^^
    So we will see more of the Lucian Alliance, kinda thought so. They did make a rather big deal about explaining them.

9x6-Beachhead: Those Ori aren't messing around. They are going to implode a planet in order to create a singularity so large it can open a portal to their galaxy and stay open indefinitely. Crafting a planet sized Stargate around the aperture. Crazy stuff!! This also is the episode that bring Dr.Carter back into the fold!! Mitchell is also happy to make it official by slapping the SG-1 patch to everyones arm. The Ori are defeated, despite an interfering Gou'ald who aided the Ori into tricking SGC/-1 into helping them in their process. Valla is the hero of the day. After trying to help and being ignored she takes action and flies a scout ship, shields up, into the forming planetary Stargate, causing an overload so that when the planet goes the energy isn't properly contained and channeled. Valla is seemingly dead but it's theorized that in the instant the singularity was attempting to form, it did open ever so briefly and Valla may have been pulled into the ORI galaxy. Assuming she survived.

9x7-Ex Deus Machina: Ba'al, you crafty bastard. I mean I knew you were still out there but the hand your playing now...kinda a stroke of genius really. You've supplanted yourself on Earth, managed to take over a company, create clones of yourself and make yourself a public person. The lacing a building with naquadah was ingenious. I like him as a bad guy much better than Anubis or Apophis. So then our newly formed Jaffa nation finds out, wants to extradite him and when we don't comply take matters into their own hands. Forcing Ba'al to make good on his threat to detonate his naquadah bomb...which, oh by the way...in an entire skyscraper!!! I got to say I like how the showrunners addressed this with just a 20-30 second snippet talking about the "gas explosion" but no one heard anything and that the rubble pile is inconsistent with a building going down(which post 9/11 we all kinda now know).

9x8-Babylon: A discovery that could be crucial to the new Jaffa nation is made. It seems likely that a race of Jaffa who've managed to not be enslaved by the Gou'ald have been found, the Sodan. They are legendary among Jaffa, told like folk tales, even though no one has seen them in centuries. It also just so happens that the ORI have found them and are trying to convert them. Nice casting for the Prior this episode, it's William B. Davis aka The Cig Smoking Man from X-Files!! So SG-1 heads to the planet to make contact and of course things go south. Mitchell ends up killing one, seemingly, and is fatally wounded himself but taken back to the Sodan encampment. The leader of these Sodan is Tony Todd(hasn't he guested before as a Gou'ald or am I imagining that?). A rite of vengeance is to be had for the nearest kin so Mitchell is nursed back to health. This whole sequence is a bit predictable in that his nurse/trainer for the ritual is also the blood kin of the one "slain". Also, that he would take heed to Mitchell's warning about the Prior/ORI. Mitchell is returned to SGC and once there finds out the "slain" Sodan is also alive. He returns as well(although we see no fallout upon his return) and promises Mitchell they will meet again.

I finished disc 2 and 8 episodes in I must say S9 has hit the ground running! I just know a cheap clip show is coming or something to pull back on the reins.

The sci-fan in me only need a nuBSG actor represented to make Babylon perfect, right? Stargate, Farscape, X-Files, Star Trek and Andromeda were all represented in this episode!!

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I don't recall any B5 regulars ever guesting on SG1, but, a Lucian Alliance guy that appears in Episode 16 of Season 9 (And for 4 more episodes) is played by Eric Steinberg, who was in B5 S3 episode Exogenesis

18. The Wormhole

This is Tony Todd's first time on Stargate.

There kind of is. Darcy Laurie, who plays this guy in Babylon played Dealino in a few episodes towards the end of BSG.

Eric Steinberg also has a couple of Star Trek roles and a Torchwood one.

19. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Jacob Carter showed up as a Centauri once.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

That's right he played Urza in Knives, I noticed that last time I watched through B5, and then forgot all about it :alienblush:

<Bad Owl :( >