The TNG Quiz

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gaius, Mar 19, 2012.

1. d'Anconia

d'Anconia Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Gap in the fabric of all Time and Space.
    How many different Parallel Universes were shown in Parallels?

2. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How many did we get to watch Worf interact with in the episode? It's hard to determine. Do we base it on how many visiible dizziness spells Worf had, or how many changes he notices whenever he's around Geordi?

1. The cake changes
    2. Picard appears at the party
    3. Picard disappears from briefing
    4. Data's painting moves to another wall
    5. Data's painting changes visually
    6. Troi's clothing & hair change
    7. Worf blacks out at his quarters, & awakes at a reconfigured tactical terminal (Data is later shown with blue eyes & Worf/Troi are married)
    8. Worf's uniform, & position change, & Dr. Ogawa is replaced by Dr. Crusher

See, as in #8, it's possible that some of these changes happened together, & in one quantum reality Troi's uniform (#6) & Data's painting (#5) both changed. Also, the cake changing (#1) & Picard appearing at the party (#2) could have been simultaneous.

So, the other option is to note Wor'fs spells. He only has dizziness spells once at his birthday party, once during the briefing in engineering, once in his quarters with Troi & Laforge, & then again which places him at the altered tactical terminal, & finally when they activate dead Geordi's visor. That's 5, which would mean we had seen 6 different realities that we know of

But the flaw with that is that #4 & #5 both are shown to be separate realities. The painting is moved, but the same, & then it is different, & Worf is not shown to have a dizziness spell between, that I recall

Then there's another theory that the original birthday party is actually a different quantum reality than Worf's shuttle trip, because at the end of the episode, Worf returns to his proper reality, & there is no birthday party

So, basically, depending on how you determine it, there could be as little as six, or as many as ten, but ultimately, the real answer to your actual question... How many were shown? approximately 285,000

[​IMG]

3. d'Anconia

Yes, I think that you are right. I had counted 9 earlier, but I had counted the original, prime, reality as one of them too. Also, I think that we can count the ones that were shown on screen, so that will should also include the ships from other realities that were shown on the viewscreen of the Enterprise (because, in that way, we can include the Borg-assimilated federation reality as well, and the original prime reality).

But in the context of the question, your answer is right.

4. Mojochi

Well, as right as is manageable

name all the principal actors who have never had to wear makeup to age their character

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Denise Crosby and Wil Wheaton?

And Brent Spiner unless you count the grey streak he wore in All Good Things. :)

6. Mojochi

Correct, except Spiner, who wore aging makeup when he played varied ages of Noonien Soong. Not sure how to count that though. lol

But you're up

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

See, I did wonder if you would count characters other than their main ones, but I decided not to count Soong. Lucky it didn't matter in this case. :)

What does Geordi think his replicated pasta al fiorella tastes like? (Worf thinks it's delicious!)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  8. d'Anconia

Haha! Liquid Polymer!.

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

S'right! You're up...

10. d'Anconia

How many times did Riker disguise himself as a different species? (and list them..)

11. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

He was a Mintaken in Who watches the Watchers. He was a Malcorian in "First Contact" (no, not that one.)

That's all I can think of...

12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Also a Bajorian in Preemptive Strike.

13. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

...and a Barkonian in Thine Own Self.

14. d'Anconia

That's right.. there are 4..5 if you count Frame of Mind, but those four are alright..

I have no idea whose turn it is to ask though?

15. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Who was the first cast member to direct an episode? Name the actor and the episode.

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

It was definitely Jonathan Frakes. His first ep was...The Offspring?

17. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

18. GuinansDaughter

GuinansDaughter Cadet Newbie

New question? :) I want to play!

19. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Lavelle says that they both get a lot of snow. Name 'em.

20. GuinansDaughter

GuinansDaughter Cadet Newbie

Canada and Alaska :) It was when he was in ten forward trying to get on Riker's good side. :cool:

Who saved the crew from the virtual game that the woman from Risa gave to Riker and how did they do it?