The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

She should have slashed the tires, but more importantly, when she was in sight of the prison, she should have kept going. Stopping is what caused her predicament.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

And now that she has chosen to side with the prison gang she no longer looks clean. Seems to be some strange side effect.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

To me it looked like Andrea was completely exhausted by the time she got to the prison. It appeared she tried to call to Rick but she couldn't speak at all. She barely made a peep.

4. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has it been established that is is wife or his sister?

Regarding episode - I liked it as well. I think the point of this episode was to reaffirm the fact that the Governor has completely lost it.

Also IMO to setup where Milton is going to die because he's betrayed the Governor.

5. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

No kidding. Or the second she escaped the building, run like...well, like her life depended on it.

6. TREK_GOD_1

Yes! If the key was not in the ignition, then as you say, slash tires, pull wires--anything, so even if the governor caught her, the truck not functioning would give Andrea a second chance to fight...escape..

7. TREK_GOD_1

The reason i'm not buying her being exausted stems from the conclusion of season 2: Andrea was running around the farm shooting zombies, then she was still running--literally--the next morning before being rescued by Michonne. If she could run all night long while fighting a zombie herd (a herd which offers no time to rest), her little walk/spint across a field to a building, then back to the field was not an Olympic event.

She had enough juice to run to prison.

8. DarthTom

My sense was that Andrea thought the Governor was trapped in the wherehouse with the zombies and may not escape. Also, while it was logical for her to do as you and several others are saying to the truck, I got the impression that she just wanted to get the fuck out of there - so sabotaging the truck just wasn't on her mind.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, it's easy for us to criticize after the fact, or being on the sidelines as the audience, but, Andrea doesn't know she's in a TV show and that the Governor couldn't die this early at the hands of Zombies, someone needs to take revenge against him and it was very unlikely he would die before the last episode of the season (or at least not before the end of the Penultimate episode of the season)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  10. DarthTom

:guffaw: Smart ass.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

But...I was defending your position :D

12. TREK_GOD_1

I think some criticize because knowing the governor could escape (even if bitten), he would still come after her. From my view, all options are in play in a critical situation, and yes, if I could not start the truck, I would reach under the steering column and rip the wires, then bail. Remember, Andrea is running for her life--this was not another trip to negotiate. This was "it" for her, so to ensure escape, you do whatever is necessary.

On the other hand, i've already said she should not be so drained (based on performance in S2's finale) that burning shoe leather was beyond her capabilities. If anything, Andrea would have burned out right near the prison gates, and by that time, Rick's scope would spot her.

Oh, and we get that for the story's demands, the governor has to be around, but that can be accomplished whether Andrea is a captive or not, as nothing will stop the coming battle.

13. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like to know how he snuck up on her at the prison with that loud truck, with no background noise you could hear it coming from a mile away, if he parked it a mile away are we to believe he drug her all the way back without her escaping?
    If he knocked her out did he hoof her all the way back to the truck? If so that must have been a real chore.

BTW another fluff episode IMO, we could have gotten the point with the whole thing in about 1/4th of the time it took.

14. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

So let's look at Andrea's thought process for a second here.

A) The governor is dead
    Ok, it's not necessary to do anything to his car. Nor could you really use it unless you went to get his keys.

B) The governor will survive
    Andrea is on the other side of a large building. By the time she gets to the vehicle, he could already be there, or he could catch up to her while she's slashing tires. It's not a very smart move unless she was armed to defend herself.

Seems like she made the right choice to me. If she went back and he caught her there, people would probably be complaining about that too.

15. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Has Andrea ever done anything intelligently? I'm serious. Can anyone remember anything Andrea has ever done that was intelligent & done intelligently? Let's start a list if we can, because I'm drawing a blank

So I've just resigned myself to the fact that she's a complete dumbass. The closest I can recall her coming to a smart move was copying Michonne's walker pet idea, that got her to the prison the 1st time, & even then she had a helper, a helper who informed on her the whole time

The only consistent trait she has is stupidity. That stunt with the door was the closest to smart she can get, & even that didn't work

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Actually, I don't know. That was just the vibe I got.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Her dumbest movie is still shooting Daryl in the head on the farm when everyone was telling her not to shoot.

The actress still gets a ton of hate mail for that!

People would find her more tolerable if she had been caught trying to slash the tires instead of just leaving the truck alone and being caught at the last moment. Even if she had failed, at least she would have tried to be smart by damaging the truck.

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

It's his sister, according to the Walking Dead wiki.

19. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been one of Andrea's biggest critics throughout the show, but this is pretty harsh. Really, all the criticism of her in this episode has been a bit much considering we finally see her decide to turn on the Gov.

Also: she called Lori on her ridiculous bullshit about "Oh, us wimmins should stick to cookin's and cleanin's while the Big Strong Men protect us" last season, so there's that. Only time until this ep I've really rooted for her.

And I'm not getting the "filler" complaints; I wouldn't call any episodes we've gotten so far filler.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure I've seen references to her being his sister on other sites.