World Premiere/Advance screening discussions [SPOILERS GUARANTEED]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by M'Sharak, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Augustus

Augustus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah especially when that bad guy is from 100 years in the future....

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, this will certainly throw a wrench into what could happen in an Abramsverse Voyager, since obviously Tuvok can never be born now that Vulcan is destroyed. :(

Don't know about Saavik, though. How old is she when we first meet her? Could she still exist in the Abramsverse?

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

And can waste a fleet of your ships with just one.

4. Iano

Iano Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hands down my favorite part in the movie. Hilarious and memorable scene.

5. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

in re question from other thread, there is even a nod to the Farragut.

6. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

What about all those other Vulcans out there in the galaxy who go back home for the Pon Far every 7 years, I guess they'll have to make do with what they got :o

7. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

Ideally, we would see in coming years new material to satisfy BOTH fandoms.

I am sick of this attitude towards the "old school" fandom that has cropped up now three different places in my entertainment life (Marvel Comics, old BSG/nuBSG, and now Trek).

To wit:

"You basement-dwelling virgin fanbois need to sit down, shut up, and accept that there's no place for you in OUR fandom. You're yesterday's news. You're obsolete, and no longer either needed or wanted. Go play with your action figures so we can forget you ever existed. (Never mind that without you 'we' wouldn't have a franchise to enjoy the reboot of...)"

8. Mr. Laser Beam

I don't think they have to go *home*, they just have to get it on with a handy Vulcan woman. (Not sure if pon farr can be satiated with a non-Vulcan partner)

9. Jefferies

Jefferies Captain Captain

Maybe this is the reason Spock is acting rather cranky in the trailers? Maybe it did in fact unhinge him. As you, I would certainly expect Spock to be utterly devastated and griefstricken (in his own way of course). The large loss of life would be unconsolable to him, especially if one considers his reactions in "The Immunity Syndrome".

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

In Voyager it was said that they typically do go home to take care of this problem, gettin it on with a mate or fighting for her. I guess they won't be able to go home anymore, they'll have to make do where they are at, if a Vulcan mate is near, her, if not I hope it works with alien women! It is a very private thing, and even in the 24th century not much is know about it. Kind of hard to keep secret now with no home to go to when the time is near.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some days, the bear eats you. :lol:

Anyway, why should these wet-behind-the-ears young officers be nearly as good as the Admiral Kirk who saves Earth from V'Ger?

12. Captain59

Captain59 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Connecticut - Home of the Hartford Whalers
    In the Mirror Universe, Trip satisfied T'Pol's pon farr episode, so it is possible.

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

A review from someone in Sydney at AICN:

14. Iano

Iano Lieutenant Red Shirt

You're right on the money, he is very much impacted by the loss of Vulcan.

15. section9

section9 Commander Red Shirt

Of course it can. Otherwise, no Spock, eh?

16. Mr. Laser Beam

There's no evidence that Sarek was in pon farr when he and Amanda conceived Spock. Vulcans can surely have sex at any time.

17. section9

section9 Commander Red Shirt

I think I know where the Abrams is going with the remaining Vulcans in the Abramsverse. In the Abramsverse, as in all Star Trek, the Vulcans have been cast out of the Temple to wander the universe (similar to what happened to the Jews after the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 A.D. by General Titus). Don't be surprised in the remaining Vulcans end up on a newly terraformed Mars or something like that.

18. Kokomo

Kokomo Commander Red Shirt

I just have a few questions:

-Pike was in a wheelchair at the end? Please explain.
    -How did the Kobayashi Maru scenario play out? Well?
    -How much of Starfleet Academy do we see? Is Spock there at all?

Thanks!!!

19. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I think someone asked it above, but what is up with the beam coming down near San Fran? Does it do much damage?

20. Jefferies

Jefferies Captain Captain

Biologically, it really only makes sense if Spock was concieved through in vitro hybridization. I don't see totally unrelated species like humans and vulcans "mating" otherwise and even that is something of a stretch and would probably require a hell of lot of genetic engineering that hasn't been invented yet.