Season 8 theme music

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by FreddyE, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

What is with all the different themes and intros? We've had five arrangements in five years, compare that to two between 05-09.

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Five arrangements? I count three (series 5/6/7.0, series 7.5, series 8). (Day of the Doctor doesn't count as an intentional one-off, IMO.) What am I forgetting?

4. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Heh, I had the same thought (though not "much" worse). The original just seemed more dynamic here and there. I understand the rationale to get rid of, say, the seal for being too fanwanky, but the flythrough with the planets after the stopwatch ties in a bit more concretely the fact that the Doctor deals with both time AND space. Also, the concept has a much better start, as opposed to a fade-in that's a little too subtle, especially with the more subdued music.

5. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

If i may hazard a guess, he probably just counted series as years, which would mean series 3 - 8 wich adds Series 1-3 ans series 4/year of specials.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes I absolutely love these last two examples, and have been a fan of the asteroid one for awhile. They're just MUCH more dramatic and exciting than the rather lifeless version we got, and do a much better job capturing the darker and more dangerous nature of this Doctor.