Let's See Your STAR TREK Stuff!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by ZapBrannigan, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:) Here are my non-fiction ST books:

[​IMG]

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I used to have all of those except Music of ST, Chekov's Enterprise, Letters to ST, and the Medical Reference. Then I lost most of them from about 17 moves in 20 years. I only have about 3 now.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I have tons of stuff I won't bore you with.

I do like this poster:

[​IMG]
    '
    It has autographs from everyone except DeForest Kelley, all obtained in person.

4. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

Well, I'm not going to pull everything out and photograph it, but around the house is the following:

• Remnants of circa-1969 Enterprise and Klingon ship models (saucer diameter 8 to 9 inches)
    • SBS edition of Star Trek (Blish adaptations), circa 1968, and ordinary Bantam editions of Star Trek 2 through 8 and Spock Must Die!, all purchased new
    • Program book from January 1975 Star Trek convention, Americana Hotel, New York City; a few uniform patches and a "Phaser Equipped/Warp Drive Powered" bumper sticker procured there
    • Original editions of The Making of Star Trek and The World of Star Trek, both purchased new
    • I Am Not Spock
    • I Am Spock
    • Nick Meyer's memoir The View from the Bridge
    • Paramount VHS tapes: "The Empath," "Is There in Truth No Beauty?," Star Trek VI
    • DVDs: Director's Editions of the first two movies
    • LP: TWoK soundtrack
    • 8-track tape cartridge: TMP soundtrack
    • Letter from George Duning, 1980, replying to my fan letter and informing me that his Star Trek materials were all archived at the USC library

I also owned at one time the Viewmaster version of "The Omega Glory" and a Star Trek Tracer Gun that shot little plastic disks.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

My Blu-rays, though I now have season two of TNG as well.

[​IMG]

6. ZapBrannigan

Nice photos, guys!

Hey gottacook, I think it's fantastic that you've got a letter from George Duning. I don't suppose you could post a scan for us?

Here's my picture of the new ST box set alongside the old one from 1992. The new set with over 17 hours of music has all the Duning on it.

[​IMG]

7. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I thought I'd do a Star Trek related item; William Shatner's TekWar on LaserDisc!

[​IMG]

8. LAFR

LAFR Commander Red Shirt

Too. Much. Crap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the worst part?

This is only 75% of the stuff. Remainder in boxes. Many more movie and ship posters

However, last year, we remodeled this room and now there is probably only 5% of what was once there.

I have grown up.

Ron

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  9. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I should actually sit down and list all the stuff I have. It's probably not nearly as extensive as some others, but I couldn't begin to photograph it all.

I know there are quite a few books I used to have (novels and adaptations) that have gone astray over the years. I don't think I have as many models as I used to. I also have to say that there is a lot of stuff I passed on over the years simply because although I thought it was neat stuff I simply couldn't justify buying stuff I might never look at more than once or twice.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  10. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

ZapBrannigan: I will scan and post the letter when I find it.

Also I remembered one additional item: Four-color, four-page glossy The Voyage Home "program" (about 9 x 12 inches) from theater, November 1986. Photos of it can be found online; the 12 main cast members (including "Chapel") are individually pictured on the back page.

11. ZapBrannigan

Amazing collection, LAFR. The ship models alone are a museum exibit in themselves. And what kind of communicator is that by the window? It looks like a good one.

I notice you have the early Bantam paperbacks in your collection, as do I:

[​IMG]

Along with THE MAKING OF STAR TREK, these James Blish books were the first things I got. They actually motivated me to be a better reader.

12. ZapBrannigan

That sounds great, thanks!

13. LAFR

LAFR Commander Red Shirt

The communicator is one which has a couple of batteries in it. Weight and size are good. I drilled holes in the plastic cover and painted it a better shade of gold.

Yeah - the books were probably the first things I ever bought with my own allowance money.

14. mach7

mach7 Commander Red Shirt

Umm, I have a few Star Trek things.

Props:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Models:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  15. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Quite similar to my own experience.

16. mach7

Some more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. mach7

Still more:

Books/DVDs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Silly things:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ItsGreen

ItsGreen Captain Captain

Just a small sample on display
    [​IMG]

19. ZapBrannigan

You guys have sensational stuff. Most of what survives in my collection are books; the models I built as a kid are long gone.

I love the fact that mach7 was able to save even the model kit boxes, so rich in color graphics as they were. And I'm all but drooling over the props. :)

20. mach7

Thanks

The model box's are all full! and seeing as I build only about 3 kits a year it will take me some time to complete them all. In fact I hope I live long enough to finish them all.

At last count I think I have 21 phasers, 15 communicators, 6 tricorders plus a lot of one offs.

I also have more books but they are packed away.