MY Next series proposal. Star Trek: Resistance.

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Dale Sams, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The pilot episode opens on a group of aliens standing over a memorial. It's some kind of tour. The guide, via his tour brings us up to date on the last 30 years. The Federation is a fraction of its former size, Earth conquered, humanity enslaved. The memorial commemorates a "worthy enemy" where humanity, led by the man buried here, held a last stand against (The antagonist of this series).

The group leaves but for one hooded man, the camera shows us the man buried there is "William T. Riker"

The man pulls back his hood and we see he is Jean Luc Picard.

(CUT TO THEME SONG)

The rest of the series (which is a self-contained three years so it can be planned out) deals with Picard putting together a resistance team to capture the old Enterprise-E, and finding a way to get old friends and enemies to band together and free humanity.

Picard is probably killed in the pilot or shortly thereafter for the shock effect as seen when Gregory Sierra was killed off in Miami Vice.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Or we could just watch Battlestar Galactica or Andromeda. :techman:

I think anyone that does an arc-based Trek series needs to play to themes that are familiar to Trek. Something like human evolution.

Call it Star Trek: Evolution.

3. Dale Sams

Are you suggesting after Picard is killed off, ala' Gregory Sierra...he is replaced by Edward James Olmos? ;)

4. CTGuyton

CTGuyton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

it's a very interesting idea. There would be a lot of hate directed at it by the fans, but that's nothing new for Star Trek. The one obvious plot hole though, there is no way Picard lets the enterprise fall into alien hands. He's set self destruct on the ship at least a half dozen times in the past. If it's not destroyed in battle, he'll blow it up.

But planning the entire series out I think is a great idea. I think any new series should have a rough outline of where they want it to go and end regardless. The biggest issue you run into with that is if the show is popular, TPTB won't want to let it end as scheduled.

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, an idea for a dark and gritty series where the Federation has been defeated. I haven't heard that idea a million times before on this forum. :rolleyes:

6. Dale Sams

Thanks for your constructive comment.:bolian:

7. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Whatever enemy took out the UFP would have to have decimated the other major AQ and BQ powers too, seeing as how Starfleet is one of the strongest forces we've seen.

8. CTGuyton

not necessarily. If they went after UFP first which is the most logical if you want to win, then the Klingon and Romulan empires may not have fallen yet. Cardassia may still be licking its wounds and avoiding getting involved.

An internal plant or something to catch Earth off guard is the best plan of attack, then you'll draw a large part of the fleet back to earth leaving them venerable to attack on the perimeters. Pick a soft spot, destroy a portion of the fleet then haul ass to earth. I'd say half or more of the fleet would be lost in a successful takeover of Earth, the rest would regroup on Vulcan/New Vulcan(depending on the timeline we're in)

I think in order to regain Earth an alliance with the Klingons is crucial and trying to conquer Earth, Qo'nos, and Romulus would prove to be a very daunting task given how much territory they would need to control to do that. This would need to be an ENORMOUS fleet. Anything shy of the Dominion or someone just sitting there building an invasion force for a half century then bypassing the wormhole and making the long Trek to arrive in force. Cloaking would help a lot too.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Eh...It could always be the Borg written as devastating the Quadrants, and The Alpha/Beta Quadrant Alliance lost all the battles, but Section 31 (or similar) won the War by coming up with a "Hugh" Virus that utterly destroyed The Borg and The Alpha/Beta Powers have to rebuild, being Decades or Centuries behind on being in Control of their territories outside of their home bases

10. Dale Sams

I was hoping it would be a brand new race, and that they were more complicated than the standard "Evilllll aliens". Hence their calling humanity a 'worthy foe', building memorials to humanity's last stand,...I also thought that the reason Picard and Friends go after the ENT-E is because it's been put in a museum. Less security for a mothballed 40 year old or so ship.

Edit: Maybe it's the Kelvans finally arrived. As for why they would leave the other galactic powers largely untouched? They have all the room they need right now. Perhaps in the future they will need to expand, but not now.

11. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I would expect that the Federation alliance with the Klingons would see them calling on the Empire for assistance from such a threat, thus dragging them into it. They may even call out to the Romulans for assistance as well, as they did during the Dominion War, whether they would take up the gauntlet in view of such an enemy isn't so clear though--they were initially happy to stay out of the DW.

Also would the UFP have contingency plans? Yes, Earth is the site of both Starfleet Command and the Federation Council, but they have 150 other member worlds, plus hundreds of colonies, to shift their power base to in case Earth falls. They would be a time of upheaval but they wouldn't just collapse with the loss of a single planet--I loathe to say it but NuTrek shows that the loss of a prominent member world doesn't affect the Federation as a whole just that drastically.

12. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

So the Federation are in ruins (again very popular with fan made fiction), the finest minds of Starfleet command failed to protect them and the only thing that can save the future of the UFP is 90 year old man in a crappy 40 year old starship?

Pass.

13. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't aware this was the FanFic forum. It doesn't say FanFic on the description.

Odd. :vulcan:

14. CTGuyton

The description of the fanfic forum says "Others talk about Trek, we make it." Since we're Talking about it and not making it, I think it's a pretty safe assumption that this thread doesn't belong in that forum. And since I don't see a forum dedicated to "Idea's you'd like to see made into a movie or series in the future," the Future of Trek forum seems like it would be the most appropriate.

If you felt that maybe this should be in the Fanfic forum, something along the lines of "Hey, this is a decent/shitty idea, but it probably belongs in the Fanfic forum" would've done great. Instead, you chose to be a dick.

15. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well somebody's feeling a little colicky today.