Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

He was in a coma, but I guess that wasn't technically a sleeping curse. Wasn't he wounded in battle back in Fairyland, right before the Curse transported everybody to Storybrooke?

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great episode. I can't really think of any specific comments other than that right now.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

One problem I had with it was that Ginnifer Goodwin looked really uncomfortable/awkward using a bow and arrow. I thought that she was going to fall over backwards.

The funniest bit was when Regina entered Granny's and she wanted to close it becuase she was afraid that Regina and Gold would have a huge magic fight in the diner.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You know, Disney is missing a bet if they don't open a "Granny's Diner" at one of their theme parks.

Those hamburgers and fries looked pretty mouth-watering!

6. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

She's actually just holding a bow. The arrows are cg, even shots where she's holding them in firing position.
    Not sure if this affects her stance though.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

So how did Hook get Aurora's heart? It's unlikely he has magic and we didn't see him do anything to her before she left the cell. It's more likely that it had been taken from her sometime in the past and Hook knew where to find it-- maybe the giant told him. And somebody other than Regina must have taken it, otherwise it would be in the crypt in Storybrook.

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Maleficient's lair/castle is the most logical source.

9. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I was wondering how the in the world Hook got her heart. Taking it from Maleficient's lair makes sense.

Poor Aurora does not seem to be cut of of the warrior princess cloth, but she tries to help others and do what is right. I feel sorry for the poor woman. She is trapped in Hell in her sleep and now even control of her waking moments has been taken from her.

I hope Gold kicks Hooks' backside all over Storybrooke.

Gold and Regina continue to be the highlight of the show.

To answer the question about Mulan's interest in Aurora. I feel that she began her guardianship (or what have you) of Aurora due to her sense of obligation to her friend Philip. However, I believe Mulan is beginning to value Aurora in her own right as a friend.

In the Disney movie, Mulan falls for the military commander that trained her in the ways of combat. If I remember correctly, his name was Chang (sp?).

10. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't Aurora question whether Mulan's interest in Philip was more than friendship and Mulan sort of avoided the question?

I like Gold, Regina and David working together. There seemed to be a lot of magicbabble in this episode though.

And it looks like we'll definitely be getting Ariel some point soon :techman:

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Yeah, I was disappointed we didn't see her this week. No flashbacks at all, as a matter of fact.

Yeah, that makes sense.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, there was some definite mermaid set up in this one.

13. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm also going to assume that re-awakening Charming isn't going to be as easy as they think.

14. js

js Captain Captain

Yeah, there's a simple complication for the writers to come up with: as soon as Snow is back, have the evil king George kidnap her before she can get to Charming. If she can't kiss him, he can't wake up and that makes evil king happy and the star-crossed lovers continue to be star-crossed. :)

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

No, in that case King George would kidnap Charming. Easier to manage and we would get to see Snow's search for him every week.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking the same thing there.

17. js

js Captain Captain

That would work too, but it's much more dramatic to see George lord over a sad Snow than twirl his mustache and monologue to a comatose Charming. :p

18. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of course there are many reasons to see Gold as a sympathetic character on the path of redemption, but this week I was struck by how "non-sociopathic" he was. He was trying to talk David out of risking himself by taking the sleeping curse. If all Gold cared about was himself (and possibly Belle) then he should have been happy with David's venture.

I'm buying into Gold being Henry's grandfather, and Henry being the catalyst for both Gold and Regina's redemption.

And I continue to love this show more every week.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed the episode.
    I'm glad to see them already bringing Emma and Snow back to Storybrooke, I was afraid they were going to drag that out all season. I wonder if we'll continue to follow Mulan and Aurora on their search for Phillip's soul if this is the end of them.
    It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens with Regina now that her mother is in Storybrooke. They seemed to be trying to hint in the trailer that she'll go bad again, but I'm wondering if there is more to it. So far she has seemed honest in her attempts to go good.

20. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree... I really liked last night's ep. And I love Henry, not only turning Regina from her path, but going to her for a hug after David woke up. :bolian:

I also liked Emma's doubts on her worth as a savior... and LOVED how Cora could NOT rip Emma's heart from her. :luvlove:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012