Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am so glad I held off buying this. Roll-on September! :drool:

2. picard_2305

picard_2305 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Pindar

Have you decided whether you are going to wait for the UK European replacement announcement or going for the States one?

I am thinking of waiting as I have been assured by trekcore that CBS is working on a European replacement programme. And he has advised me to wait.

What are others in the the UK doing?

3. Jefferies

Jefferies Captain Captain

Waiting for an official announcement. Even if it takes another week or so for them to get a replacement scheme started you will probably still end up getting the discs faster if they are sent from the UK.

4. picard_2305

Play are not doing the same as Amazon, apparently no one has comented on the problems to Play.com.

They said my only option was to get refund and buy it at later date.

Anyone in UK getting a refund or are they just holding on for the official announcement. And how long will it be till that announcement comes?

5. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As Amaon have yet to email me I have sent my details off to America.

6. picard_2305

I found telephone numbe numbe for paramount Home Entertainment UK, was going to call them up to get further information next.

7. picard_2305

I mean I was reading boards and found the PHE UK number. Want to give this a try first. Tried to get further information from states but got same automated reply.

8. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Please keep us updated, picard_2305 - I'm now becoming more than a little concerned reference an EU announcement.

9. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

A question for anyone who has emailed their information to those handling the disc replacement. When you emailed your information, did you get a confirmation email back? I'm just wondering if I can expect one or if I am to assume they received it.

10. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I havent so far.

-Chris

11. picard_2305

Well got email address and emailed them, I was told I wil get an answer as soon as. have been told that something is in the works by trekcore. I will wait

12. LOKAI of CHERON

OK, cheers for that! :techman:

13. picard_2305

Still no reply. I will give it till Fri then try them again. Lokai are you going to get them from States or holding off for the EU announcment still. I have been advised that be best to wait. For all we know they are prob waiting for Aerican programme to start before the EU one. I have been informed that CBS are working on an EU plan.

14. LOKAI of CHERON

Still waiting for the EU announcement!

15. picard_2305

Good news for the UK European fans, I got this email today.

Dear Neill,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have discovered an anomaly in the English 7.1 DTS Master Audio track in our Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Blu-ray Box set. There are some episodes that inadvertently had their front channel designations incorrectly mapped, resulting in an undesired playback experience when listening to them in a 7.1 or 5.1 Surround Sound environment. In addition, we have taken this opportunity to correct a few minor issues that were found on other episodes.

We are quickly working to remedy the situation by recalling affected product and replacing it. Corrected versions can be identified by the appearance of a red Delta on the spine and will contain barcode no: 5051368241838 for ease of identification. If you purchased the box set prior to the recall, this will be replaced and will be made available free of charge. Please email stng@sonydadc.com for details regarding the replacement program. You may also call 01992 657 739 Monday-Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.

We strive to provide our fans the best Blu-ray experience possible and sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

Lisa Moyes | Senior Brand Manager
    Paramount Home Entertainment (UK)

T: 0203 184 2478 | M: 07747 765 484

16. LOKAI of CHERON

Awesome, many thanks, picard_2305! I'll be on the blower first thing in the morning.

17. Timo47

Timo47 Commander Red Shirt

This is interesting. I wonder what other issues they are referring to. Other audio issues? The missing phaser shot? Something else?

18. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I also find this interesting, the phaser shot and replacing some of the recently-found stock shots they to recreate with CG and (doubtfully) the missing film from "We'll Always have Paris," are all big ones that would be great if they fixed.

It also appears there will be a variation in packaging (an additional Delta symbol).

19. picard_2305

That intrigued me as well, it sounds like a full set will be replaced to us.

20. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OK, I'm confused.

First, they were going to replace certain specific discs.

Now they're talking about replacing the entire set?

I don't know what to expect now.