Karate Kid remake - production photos released.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Captain Craig, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Plomeek Broth

Plomeek Broth Commander Red Shirt

As long as it doesn't mess up the canon involving Hilary Swank's character, I will be able to sleep soundly at night.

2. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid that already HAS happened at least once. In 2005, THREE remakes of War of the Worlds came out.... Oh, that's right. Most people never heard about the other two (besides the Steven Speilberg/Tom Cruise film) because they went direct-to-DVD! And one of those even got a freakin' sequel! :confused:

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ The Asylum's version doesn't count. They spit out their supercheap knockoffs in order to ride the coattails of the real movies and somehow enough people seem to think a movie that just came out in theaters is also on the shelf at Blockbuster.

I'm talking about like how LeAnn Rimes and Trisha Yearwood both had "How Do I Live Without You" at the same time.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am looking for Jaden Smith to star in a Rocky remake.

:lol:

Actually maybe he can be in Fresh Prince Of Bel Air The Movie.

:guffaw:

5. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Yeah, I remember those rumblings ... wasn't there even a pic of the cast back together again (maybe for the DVD release or something)? It is too bad that it never happened, but at this point, I'd almost rather see a remake than a sequel.

6. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My girlfriend and will not watch this show when it come out that is a fact. I hope it does make it. I like Will Smith, but not his son.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Jaden is 3-5yrs to young for this to work. His main rival appears at minimum that much older(her brother maybe?).
    The music didn't feel right. Did they have to go sterotype and toss in those rap vibes?

Plays on Brodway? Not my bag so no I don't care.

They keep redoing these origin movies. I don't want a Batman origin movie every 15yrs. Who doesn't know that story? Will know it whenever they put one out. They can keep moving characters like Batman forward without retelling material but they do, I wish they didn't.

I accept these things are going to happen, remakes, but few of them are going to be worthy. This one doesn't seem so.

8. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

A lot of whiners on here - so you don't want to see a remake of a family film? Don't go and see it.

40 year old sci-fi fans aren't going to be the target demographic...

9. Aragorn

If they recreate the scene where Daniel is getting seriously beat up and Miyagi saves the day, it'll be great to see Jackie Chan kick the crap out of a bunch of 10-year-olds. :lol:

10. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Besides, Broadway is a totally different case. With movies, the release is widespread and then you get them on Pay-Per-View, DVD, Premium Cable stations, Cable, and sometimes Network. Plenty of chances to see the same thing the way it was meant to be seen (minus the big screen and surround sound, but that's been changing these past few years with advances in home theaters). Yes, they do release some Broadway shows on DVD, but the experience is different.

With Broadway, a limited number of people go to see it, especially if they don't live in New York. Each performance lasts only a relatively short amount of time.

Besides, Broadway is about the experience of going to the theater and seeing a play you will only have memories of (unless you buy the DVD, but again the experience is altered at home) once it's over. With a movie, you can buy the DVD (now you can get it on iTunes, etc.) and rewatch it over and over again.

11. The trailer makes the movie seem tolerable. And it's so wildly different that it doesn't even feel like a remake (much easier to divorce it in my mind). Jackie Chan as the serious Miyagi figure is pretty cool actually.

12. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Jacket on, Jacket off. That's supposed to be the new "Wax on, Wax off"? *faints*

13. Jadzia

Jadzia on holiday Premium Member

Not optimistic. I don't think there has ever been a movie remake that I liked, whether I've seen the original or not.

It is sad that the movie people nowadays have such watered down creativity, that the best stories they feel they can work with, are those written in their parent's generation.

Good movie producers wouldn't need to reuse, as they'd be busy with their own genius ideas.

14. Aragorn

At least they didn't try to update it to their target audience.

"Tweet with your left hand! Tweet with your right hand! Tweet with your left hand!"

"Wii-mote up! Wii-mote down!"

15. Galactus

Galactus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i apologize. Hollywood was stupid enough to keep the Karate Kid name for a kung fu movie in China. If they were going to do that why not just have the show be in Japan instead?

I can see why I will never make it in Hollywood.

16. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The preview looks great, I hope that it will be as good as the original.:):techman:

17. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just watched this trailer and I almost barfed. This movie looks like it was made for pre-teen middle schoolers. And yes, that is worst than targeting high school, which is atleast what the original was set for. The worst part?

Running up and down the Great Wall.........yeaaahhhhhhhhhhh, ookay, because you know, there's always the "Free Exercise Day" at the Great Wall.

I'll unfortunately will not only pass but do my part in denouncing this movie, haha.