Kira Ziyal????

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Bry_Sinclair, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one who wished that Tora Naprem was an alias used by Kira Meru, which would make her daughter with Dukat Kira Nerys' half-sister?

Especially if that revelation came out after she had been killed.

2. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes. Trek needs to differentiate itself from Star Wars, in which intergalactic struggles can be reduced to a family argument.

ETA: I also think biological kinship would have ruined the spiritual kinship they enjoyed.

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

It would be a very soap opera like thing, making her Kira's secret sister.

I think the storyline was good as is.

4. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

It's interesting that this didn't end up being the case. It would have been very easy for the writers to go down that road. Even though I liked the episode I didn't like that Dukat already knew Kira's family before the pilot episode. It changed the nature of their relationship that we'd watched develop over the previous 6 seasons. Now it looked like Dukat was interested in her because she was Meru's daughter. I also wasn't sure if Dukat was supposed to have remembered the adult Kira from her time with Meru. Surely he must have recognised her in the flashback in Necessary Evil too. Mind boggling.

Having Ziyal turn out to be Kira's half sister doesn't look so bad in comparison.

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

If that were the case Dukat would have specifically thrown it in Kira's face at some point. I wasn't a fan of having Kira's mother be Dukat's former mistress. It would have introduced an unnecessary level of coincidence into their relationship.

6. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The adopted sister worked so well, that to make her a biological sister would have been to much, to soapy, do Days Of Our Lives shit.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dukat was Meru's (commonlaw) Husband, therefore Kira's secret stepfather.

Star Wars can suck it.

(Nepotism + counter-intelligence. Dukat pushed Kira up the ranks in the resistance allowing her victories, and smashing her internal competition. Daddy cares.)

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

IMO it would take away from Dukat and Kira's relationship if it was initialized by events in the past that the writers probably didn't come up with until season 7.

9. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

so can Days of Our Lives

10. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I agree... and it made him even more of a perverted evil jerk. He slept with her mother and then wanted to....:ack::ack::ack:

I keep wondering what would have happened had she found out he was on the station in Season 7... could she and Worf have teamed up and... oh the possible bloody endings to him...

11. Guy Gardener

The 17 year old scripted "day in the life" Jerry Springer movie "Ringmaster" is centred around the production of a fictional episode of Jerry Springer called "I'm in love with my Stepdaddy".

In reality, every third episode of Jerry Springer was about a 17 year old getting caught ####ing their step parent.

I think there was a line from When Harry met Sally" My god you're Gorgeous, do you have a daughter?" Or probably just a sitcom that felt like When Harry Met Sally.

The Graduate.

The Graduate II (sorta) is called "Rumour has it" Where in 2002 Benjamin (Kevin Costner) does it with Mrs Robinson's grandaughter (Jennifer Aniston.).

These things happen.

12. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

There was a sequel to The Graduate?? Ok, I have to go take a shower now.

13. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Kira and Worf each grab one of Dukat's legs and say [Klingon]make a wish![/Klingon]

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a running thread in the novels where Dukat is said to have done this (and I'm paraphrasing here):

Iliana Ghemor - the Cardassian who went undercover as Kira at one point - is found, still 'in character' as Kira, then kept in a Cardassian prison by Dukat and basically used as a sex slave. Dukat reasons that if he can't have the real Kira, he'll just have his way with someone who looks like her...

15. Guy Gardener

By that reasoning I should lock Nana Visitor in my sex dungeon because she looks a little like Kira.

That's not a series of permissions and instructions you want to put out into the universe.

16. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

:devil::devil::devil:
    Or something with a batt'leth and a Louisville Slugger...
    "Captain, can I borrow this?"
    "Major..."
    "I have some balls to hit..."

17. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

Mmmmm...

Oh, wait, were you saying something? Sorry, I was just... having a thought...