Supernatural 8x10 "Torn and Frayed" spoiler discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dorian Thompson, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

New episode tomorrow night, good people. :techman: Right on schedule, my boss has left nights to me again. :scream: I could just put sugar in that gas tank of his BMW, I swear.

Congratulations to Supernatural on its People's Choice win and to Jensen Ackles and his wife, Danneel, on their bundle of joy which will be arriving in July. :)

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yay, new Supernatural! Boo, Dorian's boss!

That baby is going to be ridiculously good looking.

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

No doubt. His wife has a gorgeous face, too--long luxurious brown hair, big brown eyes, tall, fit...great cheekbones and smile. And then there are Jensen's chromosomes. :lol: No, the kid won't be too ugly.

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Hopefully the CW still exists when the kid grows up and needs a job. :D

Perhaps we will finally learn more about Naomi tonight....

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yay for a new Supernatural! Can't wait.

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, Sam has said good-bye to his girlfriend and Dean has said good-bye to his boyfriend-- yet I have a feeling we've not seen the last of either.

And Angels have operating systems. And a tablet. Was Naomi torturing Cass in those memory flashes-- or programming him?

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, there was some pretty intriguing stuff in the episode. Whatever it was Naomi was doing it didn't look to pleasant.
    As for Benny, and Amelia I wouldn't be surprised if they come into play again. I'm surprised they still haven't brought up Amy in the whole Benny debate.

8. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

After seeing this episode, I fully realize the purpose of the constant flashbacks Sam and Dean have been having of their experiences of the past year other than the reveal of those experiences.

Though they reunited and went back to hunting again, I did sense that Sam and Dean haven't been completely there in the present as a team and brothers. Part of themselves have been held back by their ties to the past. Sam couldn't let go of the life he had with Amelia that was the closest he got to something normal in his life since Jessica. Dean couldn't let go of his time in Purtagory in which he discovered a bond of brotherhood with Benny that wasn't complicated by years of personal baggage like his relationship with Sam. A part of them wanted to go back to a time when things were simple and clear for them.

But what hits them this episode is that it can't happen. That if they are to hunt together again, they have to fully be there for each other as partners and brothers. That can only be accomplished by letting go of the past and embracing the present. So, at the end of the episode, we see the first step to that. Sam and Dean aren't happy about it but if they are to stop Crowley, close the doors of Hell and solve the mystery of what's going on in Heaven, this is the path they have to take. Hopefully, in time, their relationship will fully heal.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I am VERY interested in what is going on with Cas. Clearly he was being programmed/controlled in some way. I'm curious about what the purpose of it all really is.

10. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So God is going to show up and be Bill Gates? :techman:

I do like that it shows the artificiality of Angels. Going by scripture they beings created specifically to serve God so it makes sense that it is somehow part of their 'programming'.