Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Reed is dead.

Wolverine and the X-Men AU just expanded on the road trip to go find Pym.

Reed is dead which makes Sue fair game.

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Almost - he did say on his twitter feed that he offered to do the additional issues and they said no.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

As I mentioned before, the delay issues had nothing to do with late art...as Allyn stated editorial made a decision to make this a company event rather than just allow it to serve as Bendis' Avengers finale. Big mistake, and compared to what we're getting out of Age of Ultron...Janet's return was much better story IMO.

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Superior Spider-Man #8.

You know what? I am done with the Peter ghost. I'm tired of his smugness. I'm tired of how he jumps to conclusions and only grudgingly accepts that Doc Ock is right. I'm done with Peter.

I have no idea what the shocking reveal in #9 will be. Marvel has enough Superior books on the schedule that I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be Peter getting his body back.

I'm done with Peter.

And if SpiderOck gets it on with Black Widow, good on him. :)

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, because a guy who beat the shit out of a two pranksters, killed a guy, and beat the shit out someone who barely qualifies as a villain just because he stole one of his old toys possible to help a sick kid and is the king of arrogant hypocritical duoche bags WHO TRIED TO MURDER MOST A THE F#%KING HUMAN RACE BECAUSE OF HIS EGO and is in currently IN PETER PARKER'S BODY WHICH HE STOLE and had every intention of leaving Parker TO DIE is so much better.

Oh and FYI don't get used to Doc Ock as "Spider-Man". Because 2014, Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Otto's eviction notice are just around the corner.

6. Guy Gardener

Otto will find a new body.

7. Admiral_Young

I don't see any smugness or any jumping to conclusion on Peter's part. Otto stole his body and is in the process of ruining his life and his reputation that Peter has spent years building. Peter has also acknowledged a couple of things "positive" that Otto has done as Spider-Man right now, and for the most part he's reacted horrified and disgusted with how Otto has been acting. He's not living up to his promise to him at all. I've not read yesterday's issue yet, but I just don't see the same behavior from Peter that Allyn does. Slott hasn't altered his characterization of him either IMO and I've been reading for the past couple of years too.

Speaking of Superior...new Dan Slott interview regarding upcoming issues:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44959

8. Guy Gardener

Peter doesn't have to admit that Otto has done anything good, and will not, and cannot.

9. Admiral_Young

Nova was great again. This is turning into a surprisingly good book, and as mentioned before perhaps Loeb's best work in years and the McGuiness art is just spectacular. Also it appears like Loeb is going to introduce a 616 version of the Chitauri which should be interesting to see.

10. Guy Gardener

This is splitting hairs surely since the Chitauri are Skrulls?

11. Admiral_Young

Only in the Ultimate Universe. Apparently this 616 version will be something different since Rocket Raccoon (or maybe it was Gamora? can't remember now) mentioned Skrulls and Kree as being separate.

12. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Skrulls and KREE are separate. They hates each others.

13. Guy Gardener

I'm not sure what it is that you are saying Young?

A Skrull was once empress of the Kree Empire, but other than that?

If anything I would expect the Chitauri to result from the intermarrying and interfucking of Kree deviants and Skrull perverts?

14. Admiral_Young

I know...as I mentioned they were mentioned all in separate dialogue, along with the coming of the Chitauri who are not Skrulls but their own species. This is what I meant in my previous posts.

Raccoon or Gamorra listed a bunch of species as well as the Chitauri. I'm not sure what is confusing about this. Like I said, it seems like they're getting their own 616 version. They won't be Skrulls...or their Ultimate Universe countparts, but something entirely new called Chitauri.

Here's a preview of Nova #4 where they will be featured.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=49335

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  15. Guy Gardener

I was pretty sure you &&&&ed up, but some of us were not sure how you &&&&ed up.

I do this 3 posts out of every 5, and some wanker calls me on it, 2 posts out 7 of those.

The Dire Wraiths are related to the Skrulls, an evolutionary offshoot, even if God (Claremont) has situated that the Kree and the Skrulls are at an Evolutionary dead end and will never have any mutants or apotheosize.

16. Admiral_Young

That's okay. That's why I mentioned in the first place, I hadn't heard anything about this until I saw it mentioned in the comic and was surprised about it!

From the preview I posted...they do appear "Skrullish" so maybe they're some offshoot race that've been hiding and building up their military until now or something.

17. Guy Gardener

The universe is big.

Meanwhile after "Skrull Kill krew", I have some reservations about how Skrulls breed that they could be as much a virus/infestation as the Brood. I imagine that old Skrulls at the end of their life cycle break down infecting the proximate food table, transforming predators and vermin alike into Skrulls... What about bugs? If you eat a Skrull, you become a Skrull. Surely flies and maggots could be modified by feeding on a skull but d they have the brains to receive the Skrull race-memory which is like what the Goul'd from Stargate have... Although millions of flies could composite into a single Skrull? However, in modern times I can see millions of old dead (Soylent Green?) Skrulls diced, juiced and boiled until they're collectively a giant wad of reproductive sputum that's going to be loaded into a mass driver and thrown at a planet. of course they may do this when they want more soldiers, but it's not a good move if you're after a planets resources because your space empire now has to be responsible for the billions of Skrulls on planet X which is a poor exchange for superfrakking for oil, because the old Skrulls will not want to fight their babies upset that their home is being gutted.

Skrulls can survive in space, but can they get into space under their own power from a planetary surface? If they can launch them selves or just float up and then breath hard vacuum, ancient Skrulls must have been space faring before they probably had culture.

But much like the Bugs from Starship Troopers, but travelling at sublight speeds, I can see the viral expansion of the Skrulls to be pandemic even if it takes millions of years and the Kree would have to deal with this, tracking down interstellar space seeds mid route before they root galaxy after galaxy.

Of course with there being a fantastic difference between modern civilized Skrulls and barbaric space herpes Skrulls, it's likely that these two would not get along whenever they crossed paths. The Skrulls in Space Ships with millions of years of culture would see this as a question of quality control that they would have to whack their embarrassing cousins as well because they're letting the side down.

No.

Lyja Storm's "egg" which she laid was a practical joke to buy time until Johnny Storm fell back in love with her after the truth had been revealed about how he had been sleeping with the enemy.

Do you think the real Johnny Storm ever looks at the real Alicia Masters and licks his lips wondering how authentic his sexual adventures with the photostatic copy of that woman he wedded blissfully might have been?

18. Admiral_Young

Just finished reading Superior and thought it was great. I do get a little bit with what Allyn brought up in his post now. I just think though that he's still got a right to not give Otto any benefit of the doubt considering what Otto himself has put Peter through...and now that Otto has detected him...like I've mentioned before, Otto will most likely find a way to completely suppress Peter for the time being and this will continue. Carlie will figure it out before anyone else does...but it could be too late to for her to do anything with it :)

19. Guy Gardener

Oh he wouldn't!

Otto sticks the Peter leftovers into Carllie, where Peter then has to decide if he's going to be the douche who takes over or the sap who fades away in her back seat.

Meanwhile we get to see how many "hours" Carlie can put up with Peter nagging in the back of her mind before she begs Otto to exorcise the Ghost he put in her?

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Those who were picking up Savage Wolverine for the Man-Thing appearance may be disappointed, but I thought that it was an interesting reveal that...

...there is more than one Man-Thing in the world.

Daredevil 25 was just great. Waid keeps uping the stakes and I enjoyed the shock ending.

Iron Man 8 was "meh". This book has been such a disappointment. Dropped.

Age of Ultron 6 finally gave us an idea of what the story finally is going to be about. Bendis defends the pacing of the first half of the story by saying the shock ending...

...Wolverine going back in time and killing Hank Pym before he creates Ultron...

...would have been "unearned" without the long set-up. Whatever. Maybee now we'll get somewhere with this.