Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

At least you feel guilty about it.

I once ate 6 McDonalds Cheeseburgers. Never again. I don't think I ate anything for the next 20 hours.

2. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Speaking of vandalism...

We moved around a lot when I was a kid, though always in the Seattle area. For a few years, when I was between the ages of 9-13, we lived in a dumpy little town about 40 minutes north of Seattle, called Bothell, which back then consisted of a cute-ish old town center, some strip malls, and some Eastern Washington rednecks who must have stumbled over the Cascades at some point (seriously, my friend and I got chased off a guy's farm with a rifle once when we were 9!). Anyway, it was a dull place for someone who had spent most of her early life in downtown Seattle, and I quickly took up the habit of expressing myself artistically on public property. Mostly by painting over the "Bot" on the sign that said "Welcome to Bothell, for a day or a lifetime!" I must have done that at least two dozen times.

I never did anything too bad though, and I only vandalized private property twice: There was a really big, fancy house on the way to school that used to put up really nice Christmas decorations -- all white icicle lights and real fir garland. They had those reindeer made of white lights that moved, and we used to put them in positions of...fornication...on the way to school. They'd put them back, and then the next morning we'd do it again. This would go on all season. I'm counting that as one.
    The other time was in my teen years when a group of friends and I spray painted "RAPIST" in huge letters across the front of a guy's house. It wasn't the right thing to do, but we had a good reason, which is obvious.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'm having a hard time condeming you for that last one.

4. thestrangequark

^Fortunately for my friends and I, the detective felt the same way.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

My friends and I used to build pipe bombs from PVC when we were teenagers. Never used to destroy property or cause injury. Mostly used on abandoned cars and thrown into sewer pipes for the echo.

Back on the temperature thing. I never understood why it was so difficult for people to understand that if they are cold they can put on a sweater, but if I am hot, I can't exactly walk around nude. Guess that's why I like working as a systems admin. Computer server rooms are kept nice and cold. Like TSQ, I keep the window open all winter in the bedroom with a fan going. I can't stand stagnant air.

6. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i used to paint giant penises next to real graffiti in attept to piss off the artists, many of whom i knew from college and who were all massive douchebags.

and i once posted a cat poo to peter popoff. but i dont think that was a bad idea.

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Just to respond to this, but it's still a matter of kind of discomfort. I don't find heat and cold to hit me the same way. When things are way too hot, I'm usually just tired and out of it. When things are cold, it can be almost painful and the whole time my body is fighting to stay warm. Just, I realize that cold can be mitigated easier, but I find heat more tolerable.

8. sojourner

I don't find heat more tolerable therefore it would behoove you to mitigate the cold since it's obviously not as easy for me to mitigate the heat without causing a social faux pas.

Back on topic:

I made BBQ chicken in the oven tonight. After removing the chicken from the pan I drank the yummy, greasy juices in the bottom of the pan.

9. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

tsq, you lived in Bothell?! It's grown a bit, though Woodinville is where the party is now. And if you don't want to go across the lake, try Bellevue.

10. thestrangequark

^Hahaha! I've actually been through Bothell pretty recently, and it's hardly recognizable! My sisters and dad all still live in Seattle, so I'm out that way every year. And my mom works in Woodenville! At Little Bit, do you know it? She lives just outside Duval in the Cascade foothills.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm interested in visiting the original Starbucks. I did hear it's in Seattle or thereabouts. If any of you Seattle natives can point the way, much appreciatings. Because I'm there, in six months. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  12. thestrangequark

^The first Starbucks is in Pike Place Market, though most Seattleites --not Seattllianites -- just call it the Public Market. The Starbucks is on the upper level, though as far as I know they don't sell drinks and never have, just beans. The Market's a fun place to go. You can get the best molasses cookie you've ever had in your life there.

13. Peach Wookiee

I think I've seen it. But I know the Woodinville Target quite well, as well as Molbaks and the Ezells Chicken. I'll look for Little Bit. :)
    I'm a Kirkland girl, myself, though.

And MLB, if you've never been to Pike Place... there's so much there. Besides Starbucks.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  14. thestrangequark

^I spent most of high school there instead of in classes.:)

Peach Wookiee likes this.
  15. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    You are bad :) We call that bunking off here.

16. Peach Wookiee

I was on a closed campus for high school. Brought my lunch most days because the school menu was vegetarian and... some of the veggie cold cuts have the texture of shoe leather...

17. thestrangequark

I was bad. I skipped almost all of 7th and 8th grade. By 8th grade I would just take my cello to orchestra class and skip the rest of the day. I actually, totally honestly, never went to a class other than orchestra through all of 8th grade!

Bunking off sounds dirty! We just called it skipping. Actually, upon my request, my mother just mailed me my old coat from high school. It's a gorgeous vintage suede jacket from the late 60s or early 70s, with incredible, long fringe detail that I found in a thrift store when I was 15 for $20 (a consignment shop here in NYC would sell it for $200-300). We called it my hippie coat. Anyway, I got it in the mail the other day and wore it out, and when I stuck my hands in the pockets I found ticket stubs for Billy Elliot and a hall pass to report to the principal's office. :lol:

18. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

When I was going to college in Pensacola I had an hour or so between classes, so I'd sit outside and read. One day i heard a loud bang and felt a pressure wave and I just about lost it. Took me a while to calm down. Some dickwad with a quarter stick tossed it in the air. Heard him bragging about it to a friend later on that day and I ended up beating both of them to a pulp.

19. Peach Wookiee

When I was in college, I went home when I could. Advantage of living about two blocks from campus.

20. sojourner

^I don't get it? Why is that bad?