Fantastic Four reboot-- Casting, Rumors, Pix, ect;

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Dec 8, 2012.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the first FF movie. It had problems (like how they didn't really fight crime that wasn't directly focused on them), but I actually liked the cast and enjoyed the story for what it was. The second one was horrible, but I still consider the first to be solidly entertaining.

2. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well the trailer just screams Ultimate FF to me which was not a bad reimage of the FF as I recall, although its been years since I read it. Time to rummage the long boxes again.

3. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I love the "from the studio that brought you..." thing.

"From the director of..." I can understand. But simply a Studio doesn't really mean anything.
    20th Century Fox. Yeah they did the X-Men movies, they also did Freddy Got Fingered. It's a fairly meaningless statement really.

As for the trailer. Meh. As others say you can't really tell anything from a teaser trailer anyway. It mainly just looks like they've desperately tried to be as different from the 2005/07 movies as possible. Which I can understand, but merely hope it's not too much that it's barely even the Fantastic Four anymore. Trailer seemed to be trying too hard to be Interstellar with a rock man and a flaming guy

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I see the bands but please can we add a bit more color to their "hazmat suits" ?

[​IMG]

Unless they go the way of Mr Manhattan, the THING has lost his manhood

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

That looked pretty good but almost nothing about it screamed Fantastic Four to me. This may not be the train wreck I feared.

6. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As a guy who has yet to see Interstellar, I feel like I just watched the trailer for Interstellar.

Mark

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that was my take on it too.

9. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

The buzz around the film has been leaning toward the theory that (with so little known about it to this point) it could be one of two things:

1. A masterpiece, a single coherent vision.
    2. A mess.. something that will need reshoots and can only be saved in editing.

With the majority of the teaser merely being establishing shots and narration that borders on being both redundant and non-nonsensical, I'm leaning to the latter,

10. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, if this wasn't called Fantastic Four i'd be interested, if this wasn't a comic book movie I could let go of certain expectations. I'd rather have seen Chronicle 2 I guess.

11. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

What does that even mean?

This is the real Fantastic Four movie, even if it doesn't conform to various versions of the "origin story". A "fake" Fantastic Four movie would be one of those you find in Redbox the day after a major film comes out in the theaters, you know, one of those with a title like "Fabulous Four" or something. A mockbuster.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

At this point, I'd have more faith in the fabulous Four :lol: Actually, I did see the movie American Warship (which came out at the same time as Battleship) and it was much better than the movie whose release it was taking advantage of, so you never know.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

When I first saw this still what popped into my head was, "What does God need with a starship?"

14. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The Fab Four made at least one great film:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1DmDtzZ_wA[/yt]

As for the Fantastic Four trailer...the vibe I'm getting is "Ang Lee's Hulk."

And I'm finding the casting to be less than inspired. Is the geek kid with the horn-rimmed glasses from central casting supposed to be Reed?

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

16. Jedi_Master

All I know is the Thing has a rock hard ass... must be doing pilates or something.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

My first thought was, "For god's sake, Grimm, put on some pants!":lol:

18. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I don't want a dark and serious Fantastic Four. A Fantastic Four movie should be filled with humor and fun. This teaser does not really fill me with a lot of hope.

19. Jedi_Master

I think that dark and serious superhero films have become rather tiresome. That's why GotG was such a refreshing change of pace.

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Ehhh.... Maybe. But one could argue he's always lost it because I doubt a rock penis is going to of much use for doing anything, even peeing. Or thing has a soft, regular, penis behind two plates of his shell that he can will to open, exposing himself.