Do you think they'll keep making Abramsverse movies after #3?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by ColeMercury, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But ... what if we keep the nacelles in place and rotate the ship around them instead?

2. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

You are forgetting the secondary power couplings...shunting tertiary power to unfold the 47% flux and hold the nacelles in place while rotating the ship would surely put the array emitters into overload feedback, and, as we know, the only way to stop the inevitable Berilium (ooops, wrong show) loop is to emerse the ship in a large body of water.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Scotty would be appalled with all this coupling, shunting and decoupling

4. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Nah, they can channel it through the dilithium crystals.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

But what about the tachyon emissions?

6. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Those are diverted through the main deflector.

7. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

You can do your own laundry from now on. :p

8. HIjol

Tachyon Emissions? I have a theory...if we slingshot around the sun with the nacelles holding the ship in place as it rotates through the warp bubble, the resulting tear-fold in space-time should be wide enough that we can initiate a burst of anti-tachyons with a Dryson Pulse Emiter, using the HIjol Mark III manifold heat disperser to compinsate for the resultant
    Kelvin increase in temperature. That should allow the ship to do...

...something.

Maybe Dennis' laundry?

:rofl:

9. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

I could replace every single noun and verb in that post with sexual references and it would make complete sense. I'll refrain.

10. HIjol

Refrain NOT, my Friend! it seems I have come across (do not EVEN...) a fellow Poster who looks beyond the surface meaning of the words, and delves deeper, ever deeper into the eddies and curves of the hidden and netherseen...and that will be enough of that...sorry, got carried away...

:wtf: :guffaw:

11. HIjol

But, back to the ThreadPoint, the reality is, like Presidential Elections, Movie Making has many hands in the pot, and many favors owed. If the Producers and Money Men and Women agree on a person, and the Hands in the Pot do not object, and if there are stars that have some say in the selection that also agree, then that is the name of that tune. And if they all agree that JJ "...when-you-have-a-script-it’s-telling-you-what-it-wants-to-be" Abrams is the man (Second of course to Dennis) then he is the Man.”

And even if Simon Pegg comments on JJ Abrams and says, "... I want Paramount to scrapjj abrahms (sic) shit phony star trek films...", tough turds, JJ controls the Lense (flares)

*Playboy interview, April (?) 2013

Simon Pegg source: [COLOR=#009030]collider.com/star-trek-3-news-jj-abrams-star-wars[/COLOR]

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. Darren Mooney

Darren Mooney Lieutenant Red Shirt

As with any franchise, the direction of the next film will be determined by the success (or otherwise) of the last.

Success is measured in money, of course. Not in the opinions of critics or fans.

14. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Yes, but I was almost hoping someone else would get Star Trek 4 so all could see they aren't getting the canon back no matter who's in charge. Now, they have Abrams as their false villain for several more years.

:techman:

15. Darren Mooney

Darren Mooney Lieutenant Red Shirt

Remember the later Berman/Braga years? That sort of fandom hatred made me really embarrassed to be a Star Trek fan.

(Not that Berman and Braga don't have their flaws, but it was such an ill-informed echo chamber of incredibly entitled crap. I actually respect Braga a great deal, because there's nothing that would have scorched any lingering affection or interest in the franchise for me.)