Time Warner pulls CBS station signals, L.A., NYC

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by gblews, Aug 3, 2013.

1. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

In another of those fee disputes, CBS stations have, according to this L.A.Times report, gone dark as of today in L.A. and NYC.

I just hope it ends at least before the NFL regular season starts. I pretty much don't watch any CBS shows other than football.

I also think TWC should pay a rebate to ti's customers whho have lost CBS. Both sides are A-holes.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ls-time-warner-cable-20130802,0,7575076.story

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is fall of Rome shit.

All the people want is bread and circuses, and if you can't give them their circuses, then is bread next?

3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been through this working in customer care for Charter through a third party vendor. It really it the channels fault, wanting something like a 600% increase in fees to carry something you can download for free.

4. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Digital Antenna. A one time fee of around $20 and CBS and a passel of other over the air channels.

5. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm pretty fucking pissed right now. They couldn't wait until Dexter and Ray Donovan were over? I've been looking for an excuse to tell Time Warner to suck it and go to dish. Looks like I have my excuse! :mad:

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

We lost Showtime here. We subscribe to it but I haven't watched it in six months easily.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Pirate Bay.

Really both sides of this are just stupid. Then they wonder why piracy is up and how no one has cable anymore.

8. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't go through that. But I don't blame people for doing so.

It's just utterly ridiculous that they keep on wanting more and more in the way of money and keep on raising fees and prices. That's the main reason why people are jumping off of the cable boat, and other boats (Dish, DirecTV, etc.,.) as well. The rates and fees are just getting to the point where it's INSANE.

9. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

From the News release I got, Time Warner will be giving customers prorated rebates for the time that the premium channels like Showetime, for the time they are off the air.

10. Turd Ferguson

I should hope so, since I'm still paying for the damn thing. This really chaps my ass since two of must watch shows come on Showtime, and now I'm going to have to wait for the fucking Blu-Rays NEXT YEAR to watch them :mad:

Time Warner sucks ass and has shitty customer service. When we got the box and Showtime, we were told AMC was coming to Time Warner shortly. Well, three years later, still no AMC, and they even aired a Time Warner/AMC/Walking Dead ad during the goddamn Superbowl. I called and raised holy hell over that.

11. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ditch cable!

I can't believe one side didn't cave before this actually happened. I hope I never loose channels over some kind of childish crap like this.

12. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Where do you live? I have Time Warner and have been getting AMC since forever. But no doubt you are probably receiving some channel(s) over basic that I am not. Such is the nature of dealing with Time Warner.

13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

This is why I want more regulation.

1.) No company can cahrge over 100 bucks a month--and for that you get everything. All channels, internet, 'phone--everything.
    2.) all local channels and network channels must be carried by all cable and satellite companies BY LAW!!

14. BillJ

One and two conflict and would be very bad for cable companies financially.

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I didn't realize until today that Brighthouse was linked to TWC. Just checked and all of my CBS affiliated channels are gone as well. Don't know if the 2 companies are legally linked or if this is just some show of solidarity. Probably the former.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Boo hoo. :shrug:

I'm not sure about the first of the above rules but I would unhesitatingly support the second.

17. BillJ

You would also have to put a cap on what OTA channels could charge. But then, I don't give a shit about OTA channels. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched one regularly and for sporting events I can just use the rabbit ears.

The market works best when OTA's can charge whatever they can get and cable operators have the choice of paying or not.

18. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I am very unhappy with the situation. As it goes now, my TW bill is the single most expensive bill I have. To even have to face the idea of a major station being dropped is ludicrous. These bastards need to work it out, quietly and quickly without causing any problems or price increases for the consumers.

19. Turd Ferguson

I agree. This whole situation is bullshit. I've noticed they offer Starz while all this goes on. Whoopdie-fucking-doo :klingon: I didn't get Starz when I got my cable package because I DIDN'T WANT STARZ. I WANTED MY GODDAMN SHOWTIME.

Time Warner is also one of my highest bills at the moment, due to lack of competition here (I like to call it the buttcrack of the South, but that's harsh toward buttcracks), so I'm pretty much forced to go to Dish.

20. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't even do that. The Apt Complex doesn't allow dishes. Its TW or nothing, basically.