Dr Who/Star Trek Crossover WAS planned by RTD

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by zodin4spock, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

That was actually done in writing about 20 years ago. I read it in an old mag that I think was called Fantasy Empire (but don't quote me on that title). I want to say John Peel concocted it,but I could be wrong.

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

That would have been so cool!

3. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I'm not even so sure they would react this way in this particular case, at least not all of them. Sure, the Doctor would kind of cause chaos on the Enterprise (well, maybe Nine less so than Ten) but Archer was pretty easy and in my opinion would be more amused by the Doctor's antics than anything. Reed would probably be angry at first but it would be a nice way for him to learn that there are other ways than his rigid self-discipline.
    Well, I'm one of the few people who really liked ENT, so it would have been great. Actually, it would have been great for the clash of cultures behind the scenes alone. :lol:

4. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I think I would have enjoyed this. Since Ent was so heavy with time travel and interference from the future, it kind of makes sense to have a time traveler eventually cross paths with the Ent crew. If there were continuity problems between the two shows, maybe the crossover events could have happened in the 22nd century of the parallel universe where Rose eventually ended up. That would eliminate the problem of no Who characters (Daleks, Galifrey, etc) in the Trekverse while there is obviously no federation in the Whoverse.

5. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I've read that, it's "the Doctor" on the Enterprise, but the character is pretty unrecognisable. And Sarah just stays mute for the majority of the story, because the author clearly hadn't a clue what to do with her. It's not very well written.

6. Peacemaker

True that, altho I bet she and Scotty were gettin' freaky in the background LOL.

Thx for helping with that title!

7. Peacemaker

I'd love to see the Doctor cross swords with Daniels and his precious temporal prime directive, telling him things like, "Who are you exactly? What? My people practically invented time travel, don't tell me what I can and can't do!" Or maybe link Section 31 to Torchwood or Daniel's group to UNIT...you know, have Daniels know who the Doctor is and run about saluting him, etc.

8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I suspect, Peacemaker, that you're thinking of Jean Airey's "The Doctor and the Enterprise," which was published originally back in 1981 in a fanzine, and then reprinting in other fanzines (like Enterprise Encounters) subsequently. And then there was the Pioneer Press version where all the characters were renamed so that it could sold as satire and Hal Schuster could make a quick buck.

Curiously, there's been some recent discussion of the story. There's an ongoing thread in Treklit where there's some mention of Airey's story, and there's a thread in the Fan Fic forum as well.

The mention by Tomalak of Sarah is puzzling, as she doesn't appear in "The Doctor and the Enterprise." The fourth Doctor is traveling alone with K-9, so I've always placed it during the the "Invasion of Time"/"Ribos Operation" gap.

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

You know the 4th Doctor (well sort of) did appear in a TOS novel for like a few seconds. I believe it was My Enemy, My Ally.

10. Allyn Gibson

Correct. Uhura is watching an episode in the Rec Room.

It is not, however, a Tom Baker episode that actually exists. :)

The Doctor also appears, as a character, in Ishmael, and Cervantes Quinn of the Vanguard novels has a sonic screwdriver he stole off of an eccentric man.

11. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I want Who/Star Trek Voyager cross over. Doctor would of loved the Doctor aboard Voyager and he could of took out the whole Borg Collective with his sonic screw driver. Would of loved to seen more 7of 9 though. Her and his Sonic Hmmmm

12. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I sincerely doubt that the Doctor could've taken out the entire Collective with just a sonic screwdriver. Certainly he was never able to take out all of the Cybermen that way.

13. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

IIRC, Lonemagpie proposed a Voyager novel which would have pitted the crew against "Koschei".

The Master

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

IIRC its the rec chief and Uhura trying to get an episode to play in full 3d Holonovel fashion...

Unless that's in Ishmael, speaking of which

Two of them! (Two and Four) plus Han Solo, Starbuck and Apollo, and various others... Then there's the Brig and a Sgt Benson (sic) in How Much For Just The Planet

Of course us DW writers have done similar in-jokes for years. But on the more straightforward front... I dunno whether I should admit to this, but you if listen to Unregenerate and read On The Spot, that's the same alien species...

15. Lonemagpie

He wouldn't necessarily have been the same guy - just the name as a nod.

16. Turbo

Ah, I've gotten a line or two crossed somewhere. I tried to pull up the summary linked from Steve Roby's site to double-check if it was the character or just the name, but said summary seems to have vanished.

17. Allyn Gibson

Harb Tazner, yeah.

Aren't the Rihannsu mentioned in one of your books? White Darkness, maybe?

If I could figure out the right angle, there's a Who-ish Star Trek anthology that I'd pitch to Pocket.

18. Allyn Gibson

Try here.

19. Turbo

Excellent, thanks. I guess Google changed the way they access Usenet.

20. Lonemagpie

And spelled wrong, yes.

Ace swears in Klingon in First Frontier, and Benny mentions Romulan Ale in Sanctuary.

Thing is, I used to make as many, if not more, references to Spaghetti Westerns, Bond movies, Rocky Horror etc, and the Trek ones are all that anybody seemed to notice - or at least to complain about.