Fan Film Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by groucho900, Aug 5, 2014.

1. groucho900

groucho900 Cadet Newbie

Hey!

We launched a new Kickstarter campaign for our fan film The Wrath of Khan Jr. Check it out if you're interested:

[Direct hypertext link to Kickstarter campaign site is now removed per TrekBBS "No Solicitation" rule. GSchnitzer]

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  2. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

I'd like to state, that I'm interested in a fan film itself, not the Kickstarter project for it...
    and I checked it out, though... nothing of interest for me.

Why is everyone so eager to get one's project backed and backed and backed... I don't get it.
    A short film, ok. A comedy also, right. And now it has to be backed by at least 3.500 $? I get, that just the idea exists and nothing more. That's what I sense here...

Come to think of it... I just let my grandson play socccer for 5 minutes in a funny red shirt. Some background music... and A New Kickstarter Idea Is Born! 5000$ at least. And anyone, who pays 1000$ will get a signed photograph of my grandson getting vaporized before reaching his goal... ^^

5000$ you ask? Hell, it's a location shot!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I also looked at the OP's Kickstarter page. There's very little information about the project itself, and for evidence of the production staff's track record we're supposed to reference yet another site that apparently specializes in comedy routines. The only contributor to the KS project when I looked was the guy who wrote the project's page, and he has so much faith it in himself, he only contributed $25.

I'd need a lot more proof on the page itself that this thing even has a chance of coming together. If there's a great production staff and cast already lined up, why aren't they making payments on the page?

So, uh-uh, sorry.

4. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

I'm fairly generous when it comes to science fiction projects on Kickstarter. But the project creator needs to show his/her face in a video on Kickstarter, with some evidence that the team has some skill.

5. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

I only hope one of the main characters doesn't trace their lineage to a Nigerian prince...

6. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

And that Nigerian prince desperately needs 1,000 bars of gold pressed latinum and he'll gladly share some with you if you help him out...

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Just send him your bank, credit card, government identification, and phone numbers along with copies of your driver's license and passport.

8. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

Yes, this is a prime example of what not to do with a kickstarter.

9. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

That sound of galloping hooves you here is Viacom's lawyers on their way...

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

CBS ;)

11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

12. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

OK, maybe I haven't thought out of the box enough... Maybe this entry from the OP was some Bad Intent Company "intent" by purpose... ;-)

13. Super Space Star

Super Space Star Lieutenant Red Shirt

LMFAO at you lot questioning the "integrity" of the people behind a kickstarter campaign! That is rich! Giggle...Snicker...Here come the galloping lawyers from CBS! Oh, I'm sure they've got that background check in motion full stop! LOL!!!