Is the Stargate movie required viewing before seeing SG-1?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Dream, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Granted, but would she have been likely to get cast in such a role at the time the original movie was made? Given that she didn't play a similar role until two years later, would the film's casting directors at the time have seen her as a viable candidate?

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

^Probably not, but one never knows. She might have been cast in part due to her name. It wouldn't be the first time someone has cast an actor based upon their name in the hopes of brining in an audiance.

3. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I never knew Djimon Hounsou was in the original Stargate. And I agree, he would have been a good choice to play Teal'c in our imaginary Stargate film.

I still stand behind having Meg Ryan play Carter. But I wouldn't mind seeing some other ideas, too.

I also forgot that French Steward played one of the Airmen under O'Neil's command. Been a while since I've seen the first fillm; I'll need to rectify that soon (of course, once I see the film again, it's hard to not rewatch the series....).

Sean

4. Christopher

French Stewart played Ferretti, who was played by Brent Stait in two first-season SG1 episodes. Not a lot of similarity between those actors.

5. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Steward was already on 3rd Rock From The Sun by the time SG-1 aired, so it wouldn't have made sense for him to reprise the role.

Sean

6. Christopher

^Also SG1 was made in Vancouver and thus drew mainly on that region's acting pool. Although they did get Erick Avari and Alexis Cruz to reprise their movie roles.

7. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Casting lookalike actors for Carter and Teal'c is kind of backwards casting, but even so Meg Ryan would be a good choice but Sandra Bullock was an up and coming actress at the time too. And both Brain Thompson and Michael Dorn would be good choices to play Teal'c given the small role he might have in the film.

8. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Also, Sharon Stone, Nicole Kidman, Gwynneth Paltrow, and a few others.

As for Teal'c:

Michael Clarke Duncan

Wesley Snipes

Will Smith