Fitness Checkin

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by kimc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Grr... Gym is closed for a week. I'm stuck with at home workouts. *sigh* I prefer to leave the house and get sweaty where my munchkins can't interrupt me. :lol:

2. TJinLOCA

TJinLOCA Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's probably not supposed to, but I had already bought tickets months ago to a wine event today, so I went. I sipped very carefully (and of course didn't take any painkillers today). So far so good!

I know what you mean. I also find that I'm much more motivated to complete a workout when I have to leave the house to do it. And besides, the gym showers are much nicer than mine. :lol:

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have decided to take a break from drinking. I'm going to enjoy myself at a wedding this weekend, and then I will drink again on Halloween, but then I am going to take a full 2 months off from the booze to really focus on lifting and eating. I will commence drinking again on New Years.

4. Listener4

Listener4 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Weightlifting twice a week.

Just started doing zhan zhuang meditation.

Took swimming lessons once a week for last four weeks. Went from non swimmer to a bad swimmer.

5. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, no more stair master, feet are not taking to it. I used to do it all the time.

Have to rotate between the bike and swimming.

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Started the bulking I mentioned...I'm up from 243 lbs to 254.

RAMA

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This weekend is Halloween, so I will be going out and drinking for the last time. Starting November 1st, I am sober and healthy. I'm trying to convince my roommate to join my gym so he can work out with me and keep me honest.

8. BlackAngelAlpha

BlackAngelAlpha Ensign Newbie

Well I'm a waitress. So walking most of the week is part of my job so next paycheck I'm putting in for a Zumba dvd set to use at home and then paying off a layaway for my New Balance TruTone shoes for work

9. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

As I started Weight Watchers a few days, my exercise plan is a minimum of walking for 30 minutes per day and whatever else I can do. Today done my daily walking, plus 10 minutes on an exercise bike. Hopefully later in the day I'll do another 10 minutes

10. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Accelerating bulking progress at the gym...Current weight: 264 lbs, hit 19" on arms and headed to 20"! Chest back up to 52" for the first time in a few years. Want to hit 54" for the first time.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

All right, started my new routine today. I am 86 booze for at least the next two months, and I am focused on my diet and weightlifting. Let's get huge!

Did Front Squats and Deadlifts tonight along with some other leg exercises. My legs have always lagged behind the rest of my body, so they are going to be my primary focus over the next couple months.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I know that I'm doing well when I actually want to do legs again.

13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Progressing well, leveled off at 270lbs so far, but the strength is building..I'm 20 lbs away from my max on bench press, and my other lifts are also getting heavier.

RAMA

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

RAMA, out of curiosity, what is your diet like?

As much as I always want to bulk up, I am so lazy when it comes to cooking that I tend to not eat as much as I should.

That said, I'm actually making more progress this time around than I have in years. I've stopped drinking, and that has made a world of difference.

15. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I eat 6 times a day and in larger quantities, about 4800-5000 cals a day..being fairly clean but not anal about it. Eating lots of meat as usual. I let myself drink some egg nog (high in protein but also in fat), more wheat bread, more potatoes. Way more wheat pasta than usual. I've been making wheat protein pancakes for breakast. I also have lots of eggs(egg whites). In short, carbs are increased. I am cooking more than ever.

I'm expecting to get a 465+ bench by Sunday.

16. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

:eek:

Hehe, I was proud of myself yesterday for setting a new personal best in squat and deadlift with 90kg yesterday. ;)
    (I could probably do more in the deadlift, but I have trouble with grip strength and blisters on my hands all the time from the weight already. ;))

17. Listener4

Listener4 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've switched from weights to bodyweight exercises.

Also trying to do at least 30 minutes of qigong a day.

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Get some wrist straps. They make a world of difference when doing deadlifts!

19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I hit it Sunday! Unlike other times when I was in this range, I feel like its not the limit...trying 475 next week.

RAMA

20. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Awesome chest night...8 sets for flat bench: 135x15, 225x12, 315x10, 375x8, 385x8, 405x6, 375x8, 315x12; Incline bench: 225x15, 315x10, 335x8, 345x6, 375x1, 335x6, 315x 8; incline dumbbell flyes: 5 sets, 90x10, 110x10, 120x10, 130x10, 140x10, 150x8 pec machine flyes: 4 sets full stack (300lbs);