So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finished Star Trek Federation 150 years of History by David Goodman.I really liked the artwork in this book and the history portrayed in this book about Enterprise and the Earth/Romulan wars.:techman:I also finished reading Devil's Bargain.Right now I'm reading Startrek Tos The Covenant of the crown by Howard Weinstein.

2. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm currently reading New Frontier: Excalibur, Book 3. Not likimg the 'old west' parts with Calhoun so far. Hope it gets better.

3. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished The Never-Ending Sacrifice By Una McCormack. I loved it, I read A Stitch in Time By Andrew J. Robinson just before that. So now, I'm waiting for Day of the Vipers to come in the mail to read.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It doesn't. If I remember it correctly, it was my least favorite book in the whole series.

5. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ended up taking a break from Serious Stuff (TM), and am about two-thirds of the way through Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith.

Will be resuming the Karla trilogy with The Honourable Schoolboy after that, then picking up The History of White People before concluding the Karla trilogy with Smiley's People.

After that, the plan is to finish American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Not sure after that -- maybe Pedagogy of the Oppressed?

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Started the "Star Trek: Visual Dictionary" which arrived this morning.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing. I'm taking a break for a few days while I wait for Greg Cox's The Weight of Worlds to arrive.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hope you like it!

9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Just ordered it from Amazon UK. Should get it by June then...

10. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I recently finished the seventh book in S.M. Stirling's The General series (The Reformer).

11. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    Just finished a re-read of 'Paths Of Disharmony' Like the first time I read it I just couldn't get into it.

Now onto 'Plagues Of Night'

12. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

currently reading TNG: "A Rock and a Hard Place" and TOS: "The Prometheus Design." I'm also looking forward to picking up "The Weight of Worlds"

13. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm slogging thru Silent Weapons and having a hard time getting into it. It's just not grabbing my attention. I took a break & re-read Pollyanna the other day as an attempt at a palate cleanser. I'm wondering if I'm just kind of burning out on Trek lit.

14. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After not having read a Trek book in years, I just read the Star Trek Destiny trilogy and enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm now reading its follow up A Singular Destiny.

15. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Just finished the Steig Larsson 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' trilogy.

Overall impressions were good - the second book was a little weak, but overall enjoyable if not brilliant. Rather too much reliance on luck and coincidence in places though.

Lets hope the fourth novel is finished and released at some point - It's about Salanders sister and she's the only real loose end from the trilogy...

16. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I started "Devil's Bargain" this morning.

17. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I started "Kiss the Girls" by James Patterson...and finished "Door Into Summer" by Robert Heinlein....

"Fledgling" was put back in my reading pile (i.e. pushed back)....especially since the first Robert Parker 'Spencer' novel, "The Godwulf Manuscript" has been added.

18. Garrovick

Garrovick Commander Red Shirt

Currently reading:
    Cold Equations Book 3: The Body Electric by David Mack
    Shadows on the Sun by Michael Jan Friedman
    A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
    Imbalance (TNG #22) by V. E. Mitchell

Over the past week, I finished:
    Cold Equations Book 2: Silent Weapons by David Mack
    Starfleet Corps of Engineers Book 1: Have Tech, Will Travel (various authors)
    Best Destiny by Diane Carey
    Spartacus (TNG #20) by T. L. Mancour
    Chains of Command (TNG #21) by Bill McCay and Eloise Flood

I had a bit of trouble getting into Silent Weapons at first, but it kept on getting faster and faster until I couldn't put it down towards the end. I'm going to be really interested to see how
    the death of Esperanza Pinero
    plays out in future books.

It took me a while to get through Best Destiny - I read it back when it was originally published but didn't really remember much about it - it seemed to move pretty slow and I just couldn't get drawn in to the story. I usually enjoy Diane Carey's books but this one just didn't do it for me. It is a direct sequel to Final Frontier, which I enjoyed much more.

I never have read any of the SCE e-books, then I went through Have Tech, Will Travel, which includes the first 4 books of the series, in a single day - they were all great books and I look forward to reading the rest of the series - I am curious to see how Interphase plays out since I haven't yet read part 2 - I am assuming it is contradicted by later TV events since it was published in 2001, but it's still a great read regardless.

19. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Reading TOS: Devil's Bargain by Tony Daniel.

20. CaptCStark

CaptCStark Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm almost done with A Time to Heal and I'm loving it. Next will probably be the last book in this series A Time for War, A Time for Peace.