The Borg Children?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Taylirious, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Would it have been a good idea to turn one of them into a major villain? Icheb would have been cool for that. Manu could have pulled off a dark/scary character well IMO.

2. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

it's an idea at that...they had knowledge and perspective that would have served the Borg well...

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

They shouldn't have killed off that angry Borg kid where they first found them. He could have provided some hijinks for a couple of episodes until Seven bitch-slapped him.

4. Taylirious

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a WINNER! :guffaw: :borg:

5. HIjol

Oooooo...and when do we start training for THAT?!?!?!?!?!.... :techman:

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

What does one angry Borg do without a collective to do it with? OH I guess the big push would be to find anyone to collectivize with. I can't see them plotting and scheming as solo villains very well, especially when freshly unplugged.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Doctor needed Borg Drones for his external mobility.

If he truly was alive for real, then a couple hours in Seven of Nine's body that time can't have been enough.

While they were sleeping, it's obvious that he joy rode all the drones on Voyager and no one was any the wiser.

The Perfect crime.

Actually how can we be completely sure that we were ever again dealing with Anika ever again after Body and Soul?

8. Taylirious

They still have Borg perfection! :bolian: Of all of them Icheb could be hero or villain, like Seven. There is alot of angst there.

9. teacake

Because she wasn't stuffing her face and masturbating constantly?

10. teacake

I thought Icheb was a great character, tragic backstory. I could see him turning villain after getting rejected by a woman, rebuffed on the assimilation front. Remembers that he is Borg and the Borg don't have niceties and etiquette cluttering up their goals.

11. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    They already had villains among them. The "twins" were deadly boring.

I wish they'd just got rid of them and kept Mezoti. Naomi needed a friend her own age.

12. HIjol

Oh, my...please god when do we start training for THAT!?!?! :guffaw:

13. Guy Gardener

Shattered seemed to pair him off with an all grown up Naomi.

Imperfection seemed to pair him off with Seven of Nine.

Nightingale had him reject B'Elanna as his dirty secret lover.

Al's good, alriiii, al'riii, alriii.

14. Melakon

If First (Angry Borg Kid, played by Ryan Spahn) had survived "Collective", he could have been a counterpoint to Icheb's adapting to Voyager.

Seven has become part of Voyager's family/collective. She will introduce Icheb to that collective, but in a different type of assimilation. She could have done the same with First, but he was an anarchist.

It gets into Prisoner territory now, if we think of First as Number 6. The village of Voyager wants him to conform, but he resists as much as he can. The EMH can't prescribe anything, meetings with Number 2 (Janeway) don't help, lectures from Seven help less, and he keeps trying to escape. He's not as smart as Number 6 though, so he can't play any mindgames on them. Eventually Seven has to take him out.

Chakotay gets stuck in some stupid subplot with Neelix so that we don't wonder about the first officer being Number One when he's really Number Nothing.

15. HIjol

...the EMH could offer an analgesic cream...but...

no...

...but, Melakon, what of Hugh?...surely he could be re-included...he must still be out there somewhere...ship smashed, computers...no, that is not right...um...well...he must be!

16. teacake

I like this idea, Trek needs more intelligent anarchy. Or maybe this isn't supposed to be intelligent but it would be cool if he presented compelling reasons for his refusal to join yet another collective of aliens he has no relation to.

17. Melakon

Hugh's umpitty thousand lightyears away in the Alpha Quadrant, he's no help either.

18. Guy Gardener

Picard's flash back in First Contact to when he was Locutus showed movie level special effects, and wardrobe, not tv level special effects and wardrobe: Different Timeline.

Seven of Nine in Year of Hell says that the Borg were at First Contact.

In the "original" TNG TV ,did it seem like the Borg knew exactly who they were dealing with, and had already assimilated a large enough sampling of the Federation to understand them as a species and their technology forward for the next 15 years, that there would be absolutely no reason for them to assimilate 2364 Federation tech when they already have 2370 tech at hand?

No.

Either a time line where the Borg Knew was completely diffeent or they were preserving the timeline and pretending that they didn't know.

Hugh would also have been aware of the state of play and would not have been such a dim bulb, unless the Borg were preserving the Timeline and told him to play that part like a kid from the short bus.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  19. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Not Icheb, I think. Icheb turned out awesome, I loved his character.

Maybe the crazy one in the original Borg kid episode. He seemed like a sociopath.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Agreed. I liked Icheb, I thought he was pretty cool. The ep where he gives Seven his cortical implant to let her survive was very poignant. And Icheb's origins are really sad, if you think about it...

But the kids? Just as well that things happened the way they did. If First had survived, Icheb would have probably killed him.