I have read Titan #1, #2, & #3...reading #4

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by RaymondJames, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think in some cases it comes down to not having the experience to know the difference.

2. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Don't worry, Christopher. You might get to that point someday.... ;)

3. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, I did not remember. Thanks.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't mean anything like that. I just didn't realize she was supposed to have 4 that's all.
    Me neither, I've never been able to understand the appeal of fake looking women like Pamela Anderson.

5. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I wasn't picking on ya, JD...I was laughing when I wrote that. ;)

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok, my bad.:beer:

7. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

No problem...I guess different emotes mean different things to others. I thought the ":p" was funny.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, I just didn't notice it.

9. kc5hwb

kc5hwb Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've read the first 3 novels in this series and I just purchased the 4th one (I know, I fell behind)

The first one was fantastic, the 2nd one quite good too, but the 3rd one wasn't great at all. The whole plot was just stupid and the author, who was different from the author who wrote the first 2 books, made Riker out to be a wimp, IMO.

I am hoping for a much better plot and much better storyline that follows the previous TNG books that I enjoy, and hoping to see a lead-in to the new Destiny series, which I will start picking up in a week or 2. (Sept 30 ?)

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I couldn't disagree more about both Orion's Hounds and Resistance. IMHO, OH was everything that Trek should be, seeking out new life, new civilizations and all that, while giving us interesting supporting characters such as Torvig and Orilly Malar. the Pa'haquel and the development of the Star-jellies was fantastic, and the conflict between the two was very compelling. Resistance was just a lame re-hash of The Best of Both Worlds and First Contact with Picard making incomprehensible decisions and boring supporting characters like Nave and Battaglia who were both a waste of space.

And Riker a wimp? In what conceivable way? He was everything a Starship captain should be in this book.

11. RaymondJames

RaymondJames Captain Captain

My thoughts on #3 are quite the same. Go find you #3 Titan Book look at the authours name...ok now find apost by Christopher on here and look at his profile:rolleyes:

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

13. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

My sentiments about this are much the same as Turtletrekker's.

However, What exactly about his profile says anything untoward about him, his character, or his writing??? :confused:

14. RaymondJames

nothing really he is a very nice guy, I just keep my mouth shut when an author on the boards :lol:
    I am open in the fact i just don't like Orions Hounds.

15. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

^^ Color me confused. :confused:

16. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mmh, so you only criticize people's work behind their back? Very classy. :techman:

17. RaymondJames

no, I just don't criticize the author on a personal or career level. Work is fine to criticize, not everyones going to like the book may it be style or plot.

18. RaymondJames

Still reading...waiting for Destiny and Titan #5:scream:

19. Geoff Thorne

Geoff Thorne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i love all the TITAN books, so far, with a special enjoyment of #1 and #3 for different reasons.

i couldn't think of a better group of guys to be slapped together with and following a CLB novel was one of the terrors of my professional life.

Dat boy kin write!

20. Sisko_is_my_captain

Sisko_is_my_captain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As someone who works in the field of ornithology, which isn't that all that far from ecology, I did get a kick out of Orion's Hounds. I did feel like things kept going off on tangents, but honestly, it didn't bother me...it wa just a change of pace.

I did feel like Vale's rant on guns and hunting was handled somewhat heavy-handed. She made all hunters and gun owners out like they were crazy gun-toting lunatics ready to pull a trigger and "blow their kids' heads off" at a moment's notice. I understand that some people actually believe that nonsense, but it sounds strange coming from a person who's part of a group of people that prides themselves on accepting cultural differences and ways of life. If she thinks those people are dangerous, what must she think of the Klingons, who also have a rich tradition that includes ritualized hunting and weapons ownership? I'm sure even Klingons would have a low regard for someone who handled a bat'leth irresponsibly. At least she admits she's biased. Oh well, some people have some opinions and other people have others - at least the entire crew isn't perfect (thank goodness). :)

Oh, and Ree still rocks.

This crew is seriously odd...

You've got Stitch
    http://people.inf.elte.hu/liska/alyrbejbe/stich.jpg

A cross between Charlotte (of Charlotte's Web) and Shelob:
    http://www.paulcampion.com/texturing/images/LOTR3_shelob_01.jpg

The Lizard
    http://www.filmpeek.net/userimages/user3203_1178467032.gif

and for some reason, Orilly appeared in my mind with this appearance:
    http://www.alispagnola.com/pinkelephant.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008